Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Bitcoin Crash Gold?  (Read 5898 times)
soden

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:50:34 PM

i say No.
gold is legendary jewerly from oldest...
and have like a prefential position in everyone heart.
this is like symbol of luxury and rich when we can to see live...
risingtide

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:40:35 PM

Gold is a physical lump. Bitcoin is not. That's all that a huge amount of people will care about for a long time to come.

And that's a huuuge difference between Gold and BTC that should keep it popular as a store of value well into the future.

• There's also no psychological significance to carrying around BTC in whatever tangible form (paper wallet) that says to the average person "this is valuable and will save my ass in desperate times."

• Let's say a natural disaster hits a part of the country. Gold is recoverable even amid the rubble, BTC on hard drives / paper wallets much less so, which would only further reinforce psychologically the value of gold in times of disaster.

• Also, in times of mass hysteria / panic in the streets, can you really be certain that the BTC network will be up? I will say that Jim Ryckards new book did mention that you shouldn't be holding "paper gold" as that too will likely be worthless when-the-sh*t-hits-the-fan.

🚀 🚀Bitcoin mining with NFTs 🚀 🚀
⚡️⚡️Join us in the Digimint Discord⚡️⚡️
moderntimes

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:32:02 PM

I SHOULD SAY nO.
gold is a luxury and very having prestise and high value,
the price is very expensive. and everyone love it..
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:48:00 PM

I think it will in the near future, who knows?
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:49:51 PM

If Bitcoin is compared to Gold, then maybe Bitcoin could crash Gold if it becomes very valuable. Lets say $1500 or more. Just my opinion. Please correct me if I'm wrong  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:55:17 PM

If Bitcoin is compared to Gold, then maybe Bitcoin could crash Gold if it becomes very valuable. Lets say $1500 or more. Just my opinion. Please correct me if I'm wrong  Cheesy

There are nearly 6 billion ounces of gold as opposed to 15 or so million bitcoins. That's around 400 ounces per coin. The price would have to be in the several hundred thousand range to match gold's market cap.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:38:51 PM

I don't think this is going to be happen because Gold has his own worth and bitcoin can give some good competition  in near future in trading
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:23:30 PM

I don't think this is going to be happen because Gold has his own worth and bitcoin can give some good competition  in near future in trading

Yes, bitcoin can never crash gold, as it has been proved to be the best investment product since past, and it will be the best in the coming future too, and the reason is there are many people who are not aware about the bitcoins so they would not prefer to invest in it.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:14:04 PM

Yes, bitcoin can never crash gold, as it has been proved to be the best investment product since past, and it will be the best in the coming future too, and the reason is there are many people who are not aware about the bitcoins so they would not prefer to invest in it.
Yes, not more than one million people do know about Bitcoins or any other crypto currency.
But when we see the statistics of gold then everyone knows about it and even a child can also tell us that what is gold.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:41:18 PM

Yes, not more than one million people do know about Bitcoins or any other crypto currency.
But when we see the statistics of gold then everyone knows about it and even a child can also tell us that what is gold.

But how many people do you know who actually own any gold? Out of everyone in my life I only know of one.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 10:42:42 PM

Bitcoin is never going to replace gold. It is a good alternative, but it is not intrinsically the same. Both have their benefits.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:09:28 PM

Gold will never lose it's value. That's the beauty of it, comparing it to something like Bitcoin. The two coincide nicely actually from an investment standpoint. To answer your question though, Bitcoin won't crash gold. Will one "outshine" the other? Probably. Too early to tell now.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:03:20 AM

Bitcoins flaw is that it relies too heavily on technology. And you all are putting way too much faith into this technology. One catastrophic event can change everything. And there's repeated evidence of this throughout human history. Look at all the advanced civilizations which have been wiped clean from earths surface. Yes, but gold still remains.

Investacoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:15:28 AM

Gold and Bitcoin are different asset classes. Gold is a historical, traditional way of storing a value. Blockchain technology is a future. What's in common is that, if we set aside certain manipulation attempts, they can't be controlled by governments.
Long term, both of them are going to survive, which we can't say for certain about fiat currencies.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:55:48 AM

Bitcoin is never going to replace gold. It is a good alternative, but it is not intrinsically the same. Both have their benefits.

That is right, bitcoin is a new to the world yet, and gold is ruling the world since its inception, Bitcoin can never replace gold, but the only advantage with bitcoin is that you can carry any amount of bitcoin in your digital wallet, even if you are travelling across the countries, whereas gold is something that can catch an eye of customs if you are holding in a bulk.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:10:38 AM

That is right, bitcoin is a new to the world yet, and gold is ruling the world since its inception, Bitcoin can never replace gold, but the only advantage with bitcoin is that you can carry any amount of bitcoin in your digital wallet, even if you are travelling across the countries, whereas gold is something that can catch an eye of customs if you are holding in a bulk.
Now a days we can also store gold digitally.
Then also customs can not get to know that how much gold we have with us.

But getting Bitcoin cashed out is a big deal because not much merchants accept bitcoins and which does have also trading fees.

gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:19:04 AM

Now a days we can also store gold digitally.
Then also customs can not get to know that how much gold we have with us.

But getting Bitcoin cashed out is a big deal because not much merchants accept bitcoins and which does have also trading fees.

But I get my bitcoins cashed out very easily and I don't feel that traders do have that high trading fees, I feel it very easy and best way to convert my bitcoins into fiat currency, I send them trade request and they transfer money to my bank account within minutes, So if you are not finding merchants I would suggest you to visit localbitcoins website.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:40:22 AM

Bitcoins flaw is that it relies too heavily on technology. And you all are putting way too much faith into this technology. One catastrophic event can change everything. And there's repeated evidence of this throughout human history. Look at all the advanced civilizations which have been wiped clean from earths surface. Yes, but gold still remains.

Your examples were caused by too heavily relying on people.
Reliance on tech is a way safer option. Isn't that obvious?

Another advantage of tech is, if you find bugs, they can be fixed. Not like people or even govts.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:58:03 AM

yes, dud.
gold is unlimited all over the universe, divided up to a particle.
bitcoin could only be divided as low as 1 out of 100 million and very limited as 21 million.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:38:35 AM

Gold and Bitcoin are different asset classes. Gold is a historical, traditional way of storing a value. Blockchain technology is a future. What's in common is that, if we set aside certain manipulation attempts, they can't be controlled by governments.
Long term, both of them are going to survive, which we can't say for certain about fiat currencies.

All 3 of them are going to survive in future, but the important thing is which would be more valuable in future, As bitcoin can never replace fiat that is for sure, and comparing bitcoin and gold is something comparing between mom and dad, and that is not possible. So as investment products both have great future and give us some best returns on our investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: