Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:08:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and cryptocurrency-related studies and jobs in the US  (Read 529 times)
bomberb17 (OP)

Activity: 773
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:43:17 AM

Hello, I am trying to gather information on bitcoin and cryptocurrency related studies in the US (PhD level) as well as some job openings that are related to cryptocurrency technologies..
So far I have found the online course from Princeton University.
Are there any more out there? (there should be!)
grahamdebarra

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:54:51 AM

Hey bomberb,
There is another master of science in digitial currency in the university of Nicosia in Cyprus. Also checkout MIT, Harvard and UCL as they all have some modules in bitcoin but no courses.

As for work, I would look into the application of blockchain technology to help broaden your job hunt. Here you'll find a whole range of tech companies and banks that are using this technology and you could perhaps get a job there. The colleges I mention would be helpful for you seeking these jobs.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 06:37:08 PM

Have a look at the : MSc in Digital Currency Degree Program : http://digitalcurrency.unic.ac.cy

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
bomberb17 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:50:25 PM

Thank you for your replies. I am aware of the MSc in the University of Nicosia, however I am looking for something at PhD level, in the US only.

As for work, I would look into the application of blockchain technology to help broaden your job hunt. Here you'll find a whole range of tech companies and banks that are using this technology and you could perhaps get a job there. The colleges I mention would be helpful for you seeking these jobs.

Can you provide some links? Thanks
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:24:18 PM

Hey bomberb,
There is another master of science in digitial currency in the university of Nicosia in Cyprus. Also checkout MIT, Harvard and UCL as they all have some modules in bitcoin but no courses.

Most of them will likely be in the finance side and not technological side.
bomberb , what exactly would be your skillset or your area of interest for the job hunt ?
bomberb17 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:13:19 PM

Hey bomberb,

Most of them will likely be in the finance side and not technological side.
bomberb , what exactly would be your skillset or your area of interest for the job hunt ?

I have a MSc in Computer Science, so I am mostly interested in the tech side of cryptocurrencies..
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:35:51 PM

It seems there are always lot of start ups in silicone valley, and the SF area in general, but I live a bit too far to take advantage of these Sad

Kraken, the exchange is a good example.  Look at their website, they are hiring in Europe too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: