Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bachelor's thesis on Bitcoins  (Read 1814 times)
Snuupy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:08:06 PM

Hi everybody!

I am a finance bachelor student.  I am thrilled with the topic of Bitcoin and would like to write my thesis on it. However I have trouble formulating the topic for the thesis. Could you give me a hint? it would be great to have something from the bank perspective, but it is not a must. So far I got not that many ideas, like trying to find interrelations between the bitcoin exchange rate moves and some commodities or indices.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:25:40 PM

i dont know what the title of your thesis should be but maybe this will help you:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VaWhbAj7hWNdiE73P-W-wrl5a0WNgzjofmZXe0Rh5sg/edit?pli=1#gid=0

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Research

Smiley

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:38:59 PM

My best bit of advice would be to watch tons of Andreas Antonopolous videos. It's not only very informative and covers a lot of the most important features of BTC, but he is also a great speaker and you can learn how to speak in public about it. After watching it for a while I can now annoy my friends endlessly with interesting BTC topics.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:03:15 PM

Hi everybody!

I am a finance bachelor student.  I am thrilled with the topic of Bitcoin and would like to write my thesis on it. However I have trouble formulating the topic for the thesis. Could you give me a hint? it would be great to have something from the bank perspective, but it is not a must. So far I got not that many ideas, like trying to find interrelations between the bitcoin exchange rate moves and some commodities or indices.

Maybe take a look at the bitcoin WIKI.  It has a lot of good info that might help give an idea or two.

But if your trying to do from a bank perspective might see if you can do a interview with someone from one of the bigger exchanges.   Or some of them have video's online from past conferences.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:14:19 PM

Giving you a hint on what to write your Bachelor's degree thesis on seems part inefficient (because we don't know what Bachelor's degree you're getting) and part cheating (because the point is for you to take a position on something you find interesting).

There are a lot of different topics to choose, from:
-The debate on Currency vs. Investment
-The debate on "the hard fork"
-How Bitcoin will impact the traditional banking system
-How Bitcoin has been adopted
-How Bitcoin may help serve the un-banked

Read around on the various forum rooms and you'll quickly see what the primary topics of discussion are these days. Also, check out the Bitcoin Reddit.

When you're finished with your thesis, would you mind sharing it with us so we can all benefit from your research? You can omit your name if you want to keep your anonymity...we only need your thoughts and conclusions!

anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:17:08 PM

I suggest that you get into it, make transactions at places like LBC and purse.io.  Find retailers that accept bitcoins.  Look at the market place here.  Buy a cheap miner and mine for a bit.  Without knowing your personal interests it is impossible to suggest anything, and I think the best way for you to find a topic is to spend a week or two in the world of cryptos.  I bet you will find something that catches your interest.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:31:51 PM

Hi everybody!

If you want to relate it to banks , How about something along the lines of " The impact of blockchain/bitcoin technology on banks " and doing some research into what the banks are planning to implement with the blockchain and going along that line.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:04:24 PM

take a look to the whitepaper of bitcoin

What do you exactly want to do it about?
money.investment

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Micro Investment with Guaranteed Returns

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 10:13:37 AM

You could start with features of bitcoin which make it unique and different, from previous existing payment models.
Like - Distributed ledger for every transaction in the network, how bitcoin uses public key cryptography to solve the Double Spend Problem, How much it is difficult to tamper with bitcoin blockchain, which has led to, the use of bitcoin blockchain for notary

Micro Investment with Guaranteed Returns  1DX26yvjEj2fXGK1pgfGeThWycDgjqZ4sv
I E

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

💎 💎 💎 💎 💎

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:35:50 PM

My best bit of advice would be to watch tons of Andreas Antonopolous videos. It's not only very informative and covers a lot of the most important features of BTC, but he is also a great speaker and you can learn how to speak in public about it. After watching it for a while I can now annoy my friends endlessly with interesting BTC topics.

Andreas Antonopolous have very good videos indeed.

Let me know if you want to earn BTC.
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:31:32 PM

Hi everybody!

May be you can do a research about how or could bitcoin impact on the development country that is very limited access to the banking system
tennozer

Activity: 322

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 11:19:58 PM

Andreas Antonopolous have very good videos indeed.

I try to learn something about btc and I will also watch this man. Thank you

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:49:04 AM

if you are a finance student then you should not focus your thesis on technical stuff. i would try to focus on research topics like, how can bitcoin influence local economies or how can bitcoin influence economy of developing countries or topics like that. if you think a little bit about it, you will find out that there are tons of interested non-technical thesis topics around bitcoin.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:50:14 AM

Oh, i forgot to add  Smiley it would be nice if you share the link to your thesis with the community as soon as you finished it.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:22:14 AM

Maybe you could talk about all the potential uses of Bitcoin? There are a lot of obvious benefits to the coin (quick transactions and low fees for example) but there is also a lot of hidden potential that is just now starting to be evaluated by big businesses. (See NASDAQ, IBM, Etc.) You could talk about the foundations of Bitcoin and the blockchain and what the big businesses will be using it for in the near future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: