Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:41:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No more bitcoin news?  (Read 1135 times)
GonnaGrinditout (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:12:18 PM

I read a lot of news about the technology behind bitcoin, the blockchain, and how blockchain applications could change the financial world, decentralize a lot of things .... Banks already work on it.
But concerning BTC itself, it's a wasted land... the last news was about the price speculation following Greece crisis.
Just disappointed.. Cry . Sometimes I check openbazaar website but there is still nothing.

≛≛≛BTC  HUGE 7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  BTC≛≛≛
☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked☜☆☞☜☆☞☜☆☞
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:18:51 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/
That is the best source of news if you're looking for Bitcoin news. (imo)
Most recent news shown there is the Nasdaq CEO hinting at blockchain projects.

Otherwise, just google "Bitcoin News" and click the news tab.
You'll get Bitcoin related news from most sources.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:35:32 PM

Bitcoin news are literally happening ALL the time. Just go to www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin and you'll get a variety of news from different websites. Never a good idea to rely on the same website because they all end up having certain agendas as they grow.
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:46:35 PM

Ya, I second the coindesk suggestion http://www.coindesk.com/news/

Interest in the Bitcoin blockchain is always good for Bitcoin. They are one of the same, after all. I can't see all the developments happening and Bitcoin not gaining in value over time. Companies will have to encourage bitcoin use/development and spending otherwise whatever they build onto the blockchain will cease to function.

As for building their own blockchains, there's no incentive as valuable as the Bitcoin blockchain as a distributed ledger. Bitcoin is the blood and oxygen of the blockchain, there's no reason for it to exist without it.

So, I wouldn't worry. Blockchain = Bitcoin, no matter they like it or not.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 04:56:48 PM

Cm'on man, Just type Bitcoin in google search bar, then select the news panel. You will find plenty of news out there from many sources. And you can also search for news in the last 24 hours, or even in the last one hour.

celebreze32

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

The OP was most likely referring to mainstream Bitcoin news on the regular TV and in mainstream papers. The last time I noticed Bitcoin news in those media was during the Greece crisis when it seemed like Greek banks would go bankrupt. Such news has dried up since the Greek parliament voted for more austerity and to stay in the EU. The TV news is fickle and mostly only broadcasts dramatic stories like the Silk Road, or Greece going bankrupt. As soon as the drama is over it moves onto something else that grabs attention.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:25:43 PM

your concern should be more toward why all those good news did nothing for affecting the price? having gazillions of good news without any impact on the market seems very underwhelming to me
cogabonito

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:33:15 PM

your concern should be more toward why all those good news did nothing for affecting the price? having gazillions of good news without any impact on the market seems very underwhelming to me
In the last months of 2014 and the first ones of 2015, "Good news were affecting the price in the wrong way". Whenever good news came price was declining.
But now speculations are highly important such as Greece. We'll see such bear/bull markets till mass adoption happens.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:13:51 PM

One of my favourite practices to keep myself update of the Bitcoin world is going in Youtube and searching "Bitcoin" for the most relevant term and upload time, I scroll through it and that's how usually I find interesting stuff, specially the lectures by Andreas Antonopoulous. I watch something like that, or a podcast, whatever I can get, while I walk on my treadmill, so im up to date with anything that's worth knowing about.
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:23:14 PM

After Greece crisis..may be we will be rarely watch or read news about bitcoin. I understand that the best news about bitcoin is if its news source from general news station i mean not from media or website that concern to give news about bitcoin such as coindesk, cointelegraph or etc. The reason is that if the news about bitcoin broadcast from the regular news media like cnn, bbc or even Time magazine it is mean that the bitcoin still observed or still interesting to bradcast. Of course it is my opinion
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 07:41:45 PM

What's your time frame for the trends? You may need to take a 6-12 month chart of BTC price and then plot where specific news events happen to see if it effected the pricing trend over time. Looking for inter-day uptick or downtick correlations to news isn't useful when the overall volume of transactions is really low compared to all other financial markets.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

You can't really expect Bitcoin to be in the news everyday. This really depends on where you live, and where you read your news at. If you watch TV don't be surprised as that media tends to be the most corrupt one.
Besides, it is also summer. People are on vacations and things are a bit quieter than they used to be. There aren't as many threads being created in this forum either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
iqbal15st

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 08:24:32 PM

maybe, news in sub forum PRESS can help you..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:40:17 PM

What's your time frame for the trends? You may need to take a 6-12 month chart of BTC price and then plot where specific news events happen to see if it effected the pricing trend over time. Looking for inter-day uptick or downtick correlations to news isn't useful when the overall volume of transactions is really low compared to all other financial markets.

i'm just saying that all the recents good news(and yes some of them have already 4 months behind, so they are fairly old) should have at least pushed the price to a better point, like 500-1k instead they did nothing

i'm even in doubt if the last mini pump was caused by the greece crisis, it was probably only due to internal manipulation, whales ended their accumulation phase...
errornone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:00:40 AM

the hard reality...

while bitcoin doesnt come with a killer app that will turn it simpler in every way than fiat-c, it will stay 'zombie'.

error
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 03:35:33 AM

I read a lot of news about the technology behind bitcoin, the blockchain, and how blockchain applications could change the financial world, decentralize a lot of things .... Banks already work on it.
But concerning BTC itself, it's a wasted land... the last news was about the price speculation following Greece crisis.
Just disappointed.. Cry . Sometimes I check openbazaar website but there is still nothing.

Welcome 'member'. There are only so many details that one can speak about when referencing a model T invention. The equipment is relatively basic. If you're looking for new technology, I believe they have a separate alt sub forum. This is the blue chip IBM section.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:28:33 AM

Well in my opinion it's very simple, adoption is still happening very slowly. I mean it is happening, since we all know that for the Bitcoin price just to stay on the same level, new cash has to get into the system daily because of the constant block awards. After next halving, this amount of money will be less and price might move upwards more easily.

We need to work on the adoption!
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 07:42:02 AM

Bitcoin won't be mentioned in mainstream media unless the price drops further or they found Satoshi Nakamoto (again).

And there are quite a few news sources out there, CoinDesk might be the oldest but they are far from the best or only.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:48:44 AM

Bitcoin won't be mentioned in mainstream media unless the price drops further or they found Satoshi Nakamoto (again).

And there are quite a few news sources out there, CoinDesk might be the oldest but they are far from the best or only.

I prefer cointelegraph over coindesk. With cointelegraph, I get to find out the news from all of the cryptos. They cover really well all of the alts together with Bitcoin. This is what I like.

On the other hand, I find coindesk a little bit too biased. Some cryptos they mention never, some all of the time.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:11:24 AM

i keep my knowledge about bitcoin with read some article from coindesk,cointelegraph an reddit to just type bitcoin on google you can find fresh article about bitcoin over there.
I guess just visited this forum i can find interest article about bitcoin to,as we know that bitcoin perhaps is not gonna mentioned time to time on mainstream media
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: