Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:18:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I need to become a Bitcoin Advisor?  (Read 753 times)
Riptide999 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:34:38 PM

Hello Everyone,

I would like to start a side-job as an advisor for all things related to crypto/digital currencies and other decentralised networks.  I would teach people how Bitcoin works, how to get set up with a good wallet, where they can buy things using digital currency, etc, etc, etc.

My question is, what kind of licence might be required to do this?  To get somebody started with their first Bitcoin I might have to help them to exchange some money on a Bitcoin exchange, or do the first part on their behalf, but this might mean that I would be acting as a money transmitter (or something along those lines).  What regulations would I be subject to in the UK?

Also, what are the liability issues?  If one of my customers were to make a mistake and lose their Bitcoin, then could they blame me or sue me or claim that I gave them bad advice?  Is it altogether too risky a venture or are there safeguards in place for advisors?

I would like to provide this service to people (at a fee) to help educate the masses about the proper way to use and secure digital currencies, I think I could help a lot of people with this in future.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 06:37:13 PM

Fortunately for you - no license is needed to share your experience and opinions on bitcoin to someone who is or is not willing to pay for it. Just get your information, be honest with your opinions and advice, and start advertising your services. Perhaps start with just tips. Advertise your service in the Services and Beginners sections of this forum.

Good luck.

hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:42:56 PM

You must have a expert knowledge related to bitcoins. As you can expect that there would be huge number of queries in the minds of the people who are new to it, So you need to be pro-active with queries that you expect from the people. And you need to convince them in the best possible way, so that they show their interest in bitcoins.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Ashdad

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:57:06 PM

I had an idea (which I'm sure lots of people had) involving selling Bitcoin on Localbitcoin.com but doing so as an advisor, essentially either selling bitcoin slightly higher than market value (to cover costs/make small profit) or charging a percentage as a fee. You could possibly meet in person, at the persons address or safe public place, try to verify each others ID using social media/gov issued ID (use as many means as possible, it's for both the buyers and sellers protection) then as an advisor you would be able to set up a wallet, transfer the first bitcoin to them, and have them transfer back to you the agreed payment. That way they have seen the process from start to finish, bitcoin in, bitcoin out, you can both see the transaction, confirmations etc....you have then sold bitcoin for a profit and started a new bitcoin user on the road to crypto consciousness! Any thoughts on why this is a bad idea much appreciated....Or even if it's legal/moral/safe etc.....
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:27:19 PM

I had an idea (which I'm sure lots of people had) involving selling Bitcoin on Localbitcoin.com but doing so as an advisor, essentially either selling bitcoin slightly higher than market value (to cover costs/make small profit) or charging a percentage as a fee. You could possibly meet in person, at the persons address or safe public place, try to verify each others ID using social media/gov issued ID (use as many means as possible, it's for both the buyers and sellers protection) then as an advisor you would be able to set up a wallet, transfer the first bitcoin to them, and have them transfer back to you the agreed payment. That way they have seen the process from start to finish, bitcoin in, bitcoin out, you can both see the transaction, confirmations etc....you have then sold bitcoin for a profit and started a new bitcoin user on the road to crypto consciousness! Any thoughts on why this is a bad idea much appreciated....Or even if it's legal/moral/safe etc.....

Look into exchanges that do not have the paperwork before jumping into localbitcoins and doing lots of trades.

The trading BTC to clients and talking to them are two different buisness's.  The hard part would to be to get investors who will listen to you.  Unless your at a established financial management business you have to ask how many people are going to find you off the internet and seek your investment advice... anwser is very little sadly.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 08:02:39 PM

Just need people interested in bitcoin and a place to give some conference
just interest,anyone can teach about bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: