Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:09:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I will sell a significant part of my Bitcoin hodlings at price ...  (Voting closed: September 06, 2015, 09:10:43 PM)
58.95 - 3 (3.7%)
211.85 - 0 (0%)
905 - 2 (2.5%)
1163 - 6 (7.4%)
1500 - 5 (6.2%)
2000 - 7 (8.6%)
3000 - 1 (1.2%)
4000 - 2 (2.5%)
5000 - 8 (9.9%)
10000 - 18 (22.2%)
Never, selling is for pussies - 29 (35.8%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will sell a significant part of my Bitcoin hodlings at price ...  (Read 2532 times)
bitpump (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:10:43 PM

At what price levels will Bitcoin hodlers sell a significant part of their coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:17:14 PM

Not sure how you got thei dea to put the first four on the poll but well ... I'd sell when they are at the price 2000$ / BTC or above that's for sure . I wasen't an early adopter so don't have that much , so more profit it is the more good it is . I didn' spend any penny to get my current BTCs so ... all full profit Grin
Those who choosed the last thing on the poll may wanna give some arguments ? Shocked If you are not willing to sell them then you are for sure going to use them and that won't happen unless bitcoin become mainstream and well known everywhere onthe world and used and that will only happen after xxx years . so are you willing to wait that much

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:17:32 PM

At what price levels will Bitcoin hodlers sell a significant part of their coins?

I honestly strongly believe in this technology at the moment so much, that I wouldn't sell any of my Bitcoins even if we hit 10,000. That is how I voted!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:22:59 PM

How did you determine the first few prices? Are those your exit points? Just looks a bit weird..
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

- snip -
Those who chose the last thing on the poll may want to give some arguments? If you're not willing to sell them then you are for sure going to use them, and that won't happen unless bitcoin becomes mainstream and well known everywhere in the world. That will only happen after xxx years. So, are you willing to wait that much?

I already pay my monthly satellite TV service (Dish) with bitcoin.

When I plan trip, I pay for my hotel (Expedia) with bitcoin.

I purchased a new TV from TigerDirect with bitcoin.

I bought my wife a camera from Overstock with bitcoin.

I subscribed to my local newspaper (Chicago Sun-Times) with bitcoin.

I also occasionally order pizza (Rosati's) with bitcoin.

I'm spending bitcoins for products and services all the time.  Why would I sell them for USD?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:31:42 PM

I like to horde most of my coins I do not like spending them.  I enjoy watching them build up.  Sure I do spend some but a lot of that is on investments.

Main thing I pay out of it is power bill, it is not cheap.   I do cash in each month some (or most months) to pay for electricity.  This makes it where if BTC dropped to 0 or something small I at least did not pay thousands in electricity bills mining and lose it all.
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:09:08 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 08:45:12 PM by erpbridge

I honestly strongly believe in this technology at the moment so much, that I wouldn't sell any of my Bitcoins even if we hit 10,000. That is how I voted!
If you won't sell your bitcoin at any price below 10,000 then you will probably not even buy anything with it as payment processors like coinbase convert it to USD instantly.

Then how will just holding on to the bitcoins ever benefit you, if the price never actually goes over 10K ?
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:30:32 PM

I would do it a 10000,
But I think I would never sell my bitcoins, I im so in love with them  Grin
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:34:49 PM

$338385
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:47:35 PM

Your figures are very random.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 03:40:58 AM

Bitcoin price speculation will be its downfall..... (to be continued).
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 06:17:32 AM

If you won't sell your bitcoin at any price below 10,000 then you will probably not even buy anything with it as payment processors like coinbase convert it to USD instantly. Then how will just holding on to the bitcoins ever benefit you, if the price never actually goes over 10K ?

I am actually buying with Bitcoin very often but as soon as I buy, I also buy the same amount of the exchange. So at the end of the day, I am at the same balance or even ahead since shopping for Bitcoin nowadays gives you very ofteh great discounts (read purse.io for example).
Now why am I doing something so complicated you might ask? Well I decided that I will support the network in this way by transacting and not just hoarding, since I think that actual transacting is very important for the adoption at the moment. And at the end, because of the discounts, I often make small earnings as well.

Now to answer second part of your question, this way of holding will benefit me greatly since I believe that 1 BTC will be worth much more than $10,000 in the future. When this happens, I will see what I will do! Smiley
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:34:06 AM

- snip -
Those who chose the last thing on the poll may want to give some arguments? If you're not willing to sell them then you are for sure going to use them, and that won't happen unless bitcoin becomes mainstream and well known everywhere in the world. That will only happen after xxx years. So, are you willing to wait that much?

I'm spending bitcoins for products and services all the time.  Why would I sell them for USD?

Some of the website are limited to me and can't access them . anyway I believe you mate ... but it's not like FIAT (Paypal , Credit card) they are accepted eveywhere on the world . for Bitcoin you have to basically struggle to get paid in BTC , to pay bills ith BTC and a lot of other things and all that depends on the country you are living in .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 07:40:00 AM

Not below US$5,000 if I had the choice, but some bills require me to "dump" minor amounts of BTC now and then
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:58:26 AM

I will not sell my bitcoins now unless for exceptional needed things. Maybe if the price will go 20 000 or more i will sell two or three only to see and to touch the profit from them. But everything here. I think that bitcoin will worth more and more in the future. there a limited number of bitcoins and there are an increased demand for those. So the results will be the increase of their value.
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:03:45 AM

Maybe I will sell part of my bitcoins at the price of 10 000 $ one bitcoin. Then I will not spent that money but I will invest those. I will do this only to diversificate my investments. I consider bitcoin as a investment because I think that its value iwll be increased in the future. I think that the demand for bitcoin will increase because of its characteristics and its advantages. So it is not good to sell much of them now.
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:08:46 AM

I will suggest you not to sell them now at any price just hold them with you , and i am sure that in future you again gonna see the prices like 1000$+ , so just wait , if you wanna sell then you cannot get much more than 300$/BTC .
I am not early adopters so i don't have much , but if i was in place of you would have never thought of it.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:12:38 AM

why be about selling for fiat  Huh

btc's not my thing but for the ltc and other cryptos i hold tis not about how much fiat i can get, more i'll use as currencies in their own right as cryptos popularity increases....kinda the whole point to all this  Shocked
ScevolaDendera

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:20:43 AM

selling is for pussies.. :p
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:25:57 AM

Always HODL, selling is for pussies Wink I don't see myself selling a significant portion of my Bitcoin in near future.

- snip -

I know that you probably don't see my post, but here goes. Just wanted to say that you seem to be pretty lucky. Unfortunately not all people have the opportunity to pay their expenses with Bitcoin. I hope some day I can! I wouldn't have any reason to sell my coins if I could
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: