Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My IP is banned  (Read 713 times)
jeannemadrigal2 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:13:39 AM

Hello, I am pretty sure my ip is banned.  I can connect with TOR, but not any other browser.  My account, as far as I can tell, is in good standing?  So I think somehow I got cought up in another ban or something.  Who do I ask for help, or how can I resolve this?  My isp does not change ip addresses I guess, so I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:15:39 AM

Can't you log-in in the site unless you use tor, or you log in and says your are banned?

If you can't even load the page chances are the problem is with your ISP or DNS
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:18:36 AM

Can't you log-in in the site unless you use tor, or you log in and says your are banned?

If you can't even load the page chances are the problem is with your ISP or DNS

That seems to be the problem. Have you tried contacting your Internet Service Provider? They might be able to help you out with your IP problems.

jeannemadrigal2 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:20:57 AM

Ok, thanks guys I will contact them.  I searched the forums and this has happened before, and people said that it was not the isp.  But I will check with them first.  Thanks!

Edit: yeah, I can log in with tor, and it does not say that I am banned.  I can not log in with firefox or chrome.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:28:35 AM

Ok, thanks guys I will contact them.  I searched the forums and this has happened before, and people said that it was not the isp.  But I will check with them first.  Thanks!

Edit: yeah, I can log in with tor, and it does not say that I am banned.  I can not log in with firefox or chrome.

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and see if that works too. If it is not your ISP's fault then you'll just have to wait until a staff arrives and help you out.

Panzzer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:00:11 AM

What country are you from? Some countries ban bitcointalk.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:56:21 AM

that's not the issue here; some countries (china) block access to bitcointalk, while op is banned from posting on the forum, not banned from accessing it.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:02:34 AM

that's not the issue here; some countries (china) block access to bitcointalk, while op is banned from posting on the forum, not banned from accessing it.

Not clear by the topic, but looks like OP can't access without proxy, but still can post

Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:34:36 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:50:18 AM by Coinshot

I had exact same problem past couple of days; trying to access bitcointalk would result in a time-out, but when checked on downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitcointalk.org
it would show bitcointalk is up, and the problem is on my side. The issue would resolve itself after a random time, mostly ~10 minutes or so.

Accessing bitcointalk via VPN on the other hand was possible, suggesting the issue isn't related to my browser, but is related to IP.

EDIT: Here it is again; ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
Couldn't access anything for about 2-3 minutes, and then it responded again, note that other sites work just fine..

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

jeannemadrigal2 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:06:10 PM

Hi, thanks again!  I will call my isp later after an appointment.  If that does ot work I will remove cookies.

As I said ealier I have not been baned to my knowledge.

I live in the usa so I dont think it is the governmnet block causeing the issue.

Thanks for the help.
jeannemadrigal2 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:56:10 PM

OK after contacting the isp, they say it is no ton their end.  I can try to clear the cache, maybe that will work.  I think it is something on the site though, can someone suggest who I should bother with the problem? 

Thanks again guys.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:28:03 PM

It's safe to say that your IP isn't banned as there are many users with similar problem, you can check it in this thread also in meta section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1134065.0
For now we don't know what's causing it, but it isn't an ISP nor IP ban issue, and changing DNS doesn't resolve the issue either.

cheers
jeannemadrigal2 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:36:38 PM

Ok, it is working now.  Thanks for the help guys!  I didn't do anything, except clear cookies so maybe that helped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: