Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin loans  (Read 3180 times)
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:24:31 PM

True but Bitcoin is not so volatile atm but these are risks involved with Bitcoin loans and both the parties should be aware of these prior to taking/giving any loans.

How is it not volatile? Bitcoin was floating around 220 and now it's ~ 280 USD, that's over 20% increase in such a short period, now just imagine if someone had
a real loan/credit that is few years of repayment; it would probably literally destroy the loan taker's ability to repay the debt.

BTC loans can be similar to any other loan. You take BTC loan and pay it back. Even in the forum you can take BTC loans and pay them back.  Wink 

Yes, but the question at hand is how will they be enforced and handled due to volatility, and is there ever going to be some institution like banks to provide them
on a much larger scale, or are we damned to often 1% per day interest rates ?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:46:09 AM

People need loans (bank loans atm) to live. To buy a car, a house, school, etc. Our society only works with loans.

So, if bitcoin becomes HUGE, how will the bitcoin loans work?
Bitcoin loan system already exists check btcjam.com and other btc loan networks to see how they work.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 06:03:01 PM

It's simple,  pawn a thing of 110% value of Bitcoin you want as a loan and it will not be a problem for the loan giver but also you should have a proof that you own that thing you are pawning.

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:54:31 PM

People need loans (bank loans atm) to live. To buy a car, a house, school, etc. Our society only works with loans.

I think you missed a whole subforum on bitcointalk. Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0

And no, i don't agree that everyone needs loans. I did never take a loan except maybe exceeding my bank limit. Ok, bitcoin doesn't offer that and i would need to get a real loan then.
mamafii

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 05:01:18 PM

you can used https://bitlendingclub.com/

The complete process of applying for a Bitcoin loan is pretty simple.

Just like in a bank, where to apply for a loan, an account is needed, similarly, while applying for a Bitcoin loan, the borrower has to set up an online account at a website which facilitates Bitcoin loans. Users will then be asked to verify their details before proceeding to the next step.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:26:18 AM

Bitcoin loan system already exists check btcjam.com and other btc loan networks to see how they work.

You should be careful about btcjam.com. There many people are saying even A+ rated members are scamming
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 11:37:27 PM

would just like us to borrow money from other parties such as banks for example. a sure way of working is that you will be charged a fee according to the amount and term of the loan you repay them. the expected borrowing bitcoin will be easier and have an uncomplicated procedure.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:39:04 AM

today is not the best day to lend bitcoins
your $10 worth of bitcoins today may not be the same by Saturday
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:47:38 AM

Yeah. I have just check out after reading your post. Bitcoin prices again dropped to 15000 INR something.  But, why you say so, lending bitcoin will not worth .

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:55:58 AM

Yeah. I have just check out after reading your post. Bitcoin prices again dropped to 15000 INR something.  But, why you say so, lending bitcoin will not worth .

well if I lend you 1BTC today and PREEV rate is 232
you pay me on Saturday 1.1BTC and PREEV rate goes down further to 220 (just a speculation), its like interest covered the loss of Bitcoin value, there is still profit but not as solid like if the price is stable and going North
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:05:13 AM

Yeah. I have just check out after reading your post. Bitcoin prices again dropped to 15000 INR something.  But, why you say so, lending bitcoin will not worth .

you pay me on Saturday 1.1BTC and PREEV rate goes down further to 220 (just a speculation), its like interest covered the loss of Bitcoin value, there is still profit but not as solid like if the price is stable and going North

Then, to avoid the loss bcoz of dropped bitcoin prices. Lenders can lend USD tied loans. This will be the best option to avoid loss.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:11:44 AM

Then, to avoid the loss bcoz of dropped bitcoin prices. Lenders can lend USD tied loans. This will be the best option to avoid loss.

yeah maybe or increase the interest rate due to price of bitcoin is not stable at this moment just to protect the lender.
MustafaJohnMing

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 10:31:34 AM

Thats very interesting question. Who knows?
Bitcoin is unpredictable. Price today is undervalued. But it was overvalued. Taking a loan in bitcoins can be very risky if you cannot pay it back. You risk to lose your goods. It might be good for loan taker to take when bitcoin is high price and to return it when it gets low. Or to buy when it is low and to keep it when it gets back up so return then and looks more human like.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:36:59 AM

Thats very interesting question. Who knows?
Bitcoin is unpredictable. Price today is undervalued. But it was overvalued. Taking a loan in bitcoins can be very risky if you cannot pay it back. You risk to lose your goods. It might be good for loan taker to take when bitcoin is high price and to return it when it gets low. Or to buy when it is low and to keep it when it gets back up so return then and looks more human like.

yes I agree, today is not a good day to lend some bitcoins since price of bitcoin is unstable
just imagine if last i borrowed 1BTC while exchange is still $280
now i'll pay you back and 1BTC is now valued at $230
good for the borrower, bad for the lender
there might still be a profit but very slim
Cryptops

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin liquidity for cryptocurrencies holders

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 11:48:05 AM

Hi!

We offer Bitcoin Loans with altcoins as collateral. If you hold altcoin that you dont want to sell this is a good solution.

www.cryptops.net

If you need help you can contact us at cryptopawnshop@gmail.com or trough the web contact form

Best regards!

Bitrated user: cjme83.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:48:45 AM

Hi!

We offer Bitcoin Loans with altcoins as collateral. If you hold altcoin that you dont want to sell this is a good solution.

www.cryptops.net

If you need help you can contact us at cryptopawnshop@gmail.com or trough the web contact form

Best regards!
thank sir. I will see what you have to offer
Cryptops

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin liquidity for cryptocurrencies holders

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 11:55:12 AM

Hi!

www.cryptops.net

Best regards!
thank sir. I will see what you have to offer

You´re welcome  Smiley

Bitrated user: cjme83.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: