Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This stat is pretty shocking  (Read 1341 times)
reRaise (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:33:41 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 01:47:06 PM by reRaise

So i was looking for some iOS wallets and i can't believe from the 653 Cryptos on Coinmarketcap only 6 of them have their own dedicated iOS wallet which are Bitcoin, GetGems, Dogecoin, Counterparty, Guldencoin and Digibyte.

This is pretty absurd if you see how much the other coins advertise themselves for their coins to be actually spend, but they got no damn iOS wallet lol. Any other Crypto not mentioned? How are you supposed to spread the word if you don't have an iOS wallet, there are almost as many iOS devices as Android and around 2 billion people have a Smartphone. If you don't have an iOS wallet it shows you aren't capable enough or don't care much about getting users.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poloskarted

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:49:26 AM

So i was looking for some iOS wallets and i can't believe from the 653 Cryptos on Coinmarketcap only 3 of them have their own dedicated iOS wallet which are Bitcoin, GetGems and Dogecoin.

This is pretty absurd if you see how much the other coins advertise themselves for their coins to be actually spend, but they got no damn iOS wallet lol. Any other Crypto not mentioned? How are you supposed to spread the word if you don't have an iOS wallet, there are almost as many iOS devices as Android and around 2 billions people have a smartphone. If you don't have an iOS wallet it shows you aren't capable enough or don't care much about getting users.

I know there are Ripple, litecoin and CounterParty iOS wallets also. (source: have them installed)
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:04:37 AM

It might be because it is a pita to get stuff on to the apple store for distribution?  But if you look at the numbers, laptop/desktop users are mostly pc, and moblile is mostly apple and android.  So maybe they are only making them for non-mobile devices.  Maybe there is some othe rroadblock to making the wallet for ios.
reRaise (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:19:16 AM

So i was looking for some iOS wallets and i can't believe from the 653 Cryptos on Coinmarketcap only 3 of them have their own dedicated iOS wallet which are Bitcoin, GetGems and Dogecoin.

This is pretty absurd if you see how much the other coins advertise themselves for their coins to be actually spend, but they got no damn iOS wallet lol. Any other Crypto not mentioned? How are you supposed to spread the word if you don't have an iOS wallet, there are almost as many iOS devices as Android and around 2 billions people have a smartphone. If you don't have an iOS wallet it shows you aren't capable enough or don't care much about getting users.

I know there are Ripple, litecoin and CounterParty iOS wallets also. (source: have them installed)

There is no Ripple wallet showing in app store when i search for it, Litecoin wallet is the Hive wallet it's not their own made wallet, so Litecoin has no0 control over it and it seems to be having issues which Litecoin is recommending people not to use it so they have no iOS wallet, i can find Counterparty wallet though. That makes it 4 which is still a ridiculous low amount.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:20:21 AM

Because Apple are notorious assholes about their store

reRaise (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:21:32 AM

To me it's just a sign of incompetence.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:40:12 AM

So i was looking for some iOS wallets and i can't believe from the 653 Cryptos on Coinmarketcap only 4 of them have their own dedicated iOS wallet which are Bitcoin, GetGems, Dogecoin and Counterparty.

plenty more then that have iOS wallets, most my major holdings have and i hold none of the above you mention. and one of the many reasons i now avoid Bitcoin is it lack of a stable iOS client.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:16:16 AM

Probably their dev teams lack the competency to develop IOS wallet.

plenty more then that have iOS wallets, most my major holdings have and i hold none of the above you mention. and one of the many reasons i now avoid Bitcoin is it lack of a stable iOS client.
I thought Bitcoin has a lot of IOS wallet, you can have a look at here https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet. Or you can use blockchain.info IOS wallet.

reRaise (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:08:28 AM

So i was looking for some iOS wallets and i can't believe from the 653 Cryptos on Coinmarketcap only 4 of them have their own dedicated iOS wallet which are Bitcoin, GetGems, Dogecoin and Counterparty.

plenty more then that have iOS wallet

No these are the only one, or else show me. This shows 99% of alts are only talk.
KlondikeBear

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:49:50 AM

I'm not a dev, have Android, and may be wrong in details,
but I know for sure that Mooncoin users can send, receive, and spend Mooncoins with their iPhones.

the Nash equilibrium?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:03:10 AM

plenty more then that have iOS wallet

No these are the only one, or else show me. This shows 99% of alts are only talk.

have you really even looked  Huh

where would i even begin holding some 40+ coins and using iOS  Cool

litecoins my biggest holding and it certainly has and always has had the most stable client hence one of the reasons its my reserve crypto.

feathercoin, even goldcoin ....have always maintained decent iOS clients, the list goes on and on

maybe ur just dealing with the latest pump and dump scamcoins.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:08:04 AM

sounds like you're just trying to market GetGems.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:57:32 AM

This is pretty absurd if you see how much the other coins advertise themselves for their coins to be actually spend, but they got no damn iOS wallet lol. Any other Crypto not mentioned? How are you supposed to spread the word if you don't have an iOS wallet, there are almost as many iOS devices as Android and around 2 billion people have a Smartphone. If you don't have an iOS wallet it shows you aren't capable enough or don't care much about getting users.

this is because nobody is interested in using them in any place other than exchangers !

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:22:49 PM

This. Apple wants you to use ApplePay, not (insert coin here). Apple is quite resistant against decentralization.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:39:51 PM

In a sense, this whole micro-sector is "shocking" because Linux is mainstream. More than a few folks are running Linux on their desktops, and they're catered to as such, which makes this place a real outlier with respect to the mainstream. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:41:25 PM

^
Very difficult to get cryptocurrency apps on the app store. Most are denied. Many coins have iOS wallets but can only run them on jailbroken phones.
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 315

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:58:15 PM

Guldencoin (The most undervalued coin on the planet) has a iOS wallet in the apple store.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
reRaise (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

I'm not a dev, have Android, and may be wrong in details,
but I know for sure that Mooncoin users can send, receive, and spend Mooncoins with their iPhones.

Mooncoin is nowhere to be found on the appstore, i tried to search for it.

have you really even looked  Huh

where would i even begin holding some 40+ coins and using iOS  Cool

litecoins my biggest holding and it certainly has and always has had the most stable client hence one of the reasons its my reserve crypto.

feathercoin, even goldcoin ....have always maintained decent iOS clients, the list goes on and on

Litecoin doesn't have its own dedicated iOS wallet, which is absolutely ridiculous. It depends on Hive wallet which they can't control and Hive wallet seems to be not working and is recommend not to use so Litecoin doesn't have an iOS wallet.

I can't find any Feathercoin wallet on iOS when i search for it, same goes for Goldcoin.

sounds like you're just trying to market GetGems.

Whatever my intentions are, i making a legit point here. As an iOS user i would expect for coins promising big things and advertising themselves, to have an iOS wallet atleast, it just shows they are incompetent devs and as an iOS user i obviously would choose for Bitcoin and GetGems wallet cus..well they are there and make sense to use. I don't have much of a choice have i.

Very difficult to get cryptocurrency apps on the app store. Most are denied. Many coins have iOS wallets but can only run them on jailbroken phones.

Imo it just shows devs lack of competence, if you can't get you wallet on the app store then this tells something about devs capabilities.

Guldencoin (The most undervalued coin on the planet) has a iOS wallet in the apple store.

Thanks will add it, there are literally 5 coins i can find a wallet from on the app store. I'm almost certain there isn't any other coin which i would be able to find, maybe 1 or 2 which i've missed.
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 315

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:29:38 PM

Digibyte is the other one, then I believe your list is complete.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:57:18 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 02:15:45 PM by BitUsher

Shocking fact , and goes to show how immature many alts are. I suppose if some had an html5 wallet that may qualify. To be fair ios marketshare outside of places like California where its trendy isn't large and shrinking.  Worldwide its now less than 18%.
http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

You still are making a salient point because it is indeed embarrassing if you are trying to convince someone to adopt your coin and they happen to use ios.

From an investors standpoint it is a good indicator as to which coins they should avoid as it is a clear indication that the developers and project managers aren't serious about the longterm prospects of their coin. At minimum they should develop a html5 wallet if they have any problems with the apple store approval process.

How are you supposed to spread the word if you don't have an iOS wallet, there are almost as many iOS devices as Android and around 2 billion people have a Smartphone. If you don't have an iOS wallet it shows you aren't capable enough or don't care much about getting users.

ios covers both iphones, ipod touches, and ipads. There are more than 800 million devices worldwide that aren't compatible with a majority of alts.

I cannot find these anywhere... please clarify.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: