Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virwox  (Read 1081 times)
alva5763 (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:36:10 AM

Hello. I am looking to exchange paypal for bitcoin using VirWox. I am being asked about an Avatar name and Virtual world/grid where the default is showing as SL(Second Life). Anyone know what I should do at that point? Thanks for any replies,Derek.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6150

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

Are you sure you are using the original website because I don't really get what youare planning to do .
If it's just to trade Paypal to Bitcoin then it's easy . Simply go to the Deposit tab and choose how much $ you want to deposit (note that the fees are little bit high) then once you got them you go to the Withraw tab . It may take up to 48 hours for the first deposit though .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:27:19 PM

The problem is when I am registering with the site. They ask for the details.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6150

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:34:13 PM

The problem is when I am registering with the site. They ask for the details.

I made my account long time ago so don't remember . I just checked ... for what comes to the Avatar name  & Virtual world / grid it's Optional it means that you are not obliged to fill them up. you cna leave them empty and you should be fine .
If still can't register , simply post screenshot as I asked you to above .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaCollector

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:41:59 PM

VirWox does not do a straight exchange between PayPal and bitcoin. You have to deposit PayPal money, change it to SLL(Linden $), and then exchange SLL to bitcoin. You pay a large fee for each exchange!! For $25 PP, you might get $20 bitcoin. And they will take 48 hours to credit your wallet while you are new.

You would be a thousand times better to exchange your money somewhere else, esp here on the forum. The rates are much better, and there are trusted people here.

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
john20

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:44:39 PM

hi i can sell you 20$ btc for paypal pm me
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:49:32 PM

Omega. I knew it wasn't a straight exchange but did not know the fees were so high. I have been trying to exchange but because I'm a newbie no one will trade. I have 352 posts on Emoneyspace which would give me a good rating if I had that amount here.
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 12:50:47 PM

john20. I have sent pm.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:09:41 PM

john20. I have sent pm.
Uhoh... something tells me this might not end up well...

(Never buy stuff via Paypal from a newbie account)
OmegaCollector

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:28:52 PM

Omega. I knew it wasn't a straight exchange but did not know the fees were so high. I have been trying to exchange but because I'm a newbie no one will trade. I have 352 posts on Emoneyspace which would give me a good rating if I had that amount here.

There are a few people on here that will exchange PayPal to bitcoin. But they will only do little bits at a time with a newbie, and the rates aren't the best you can find.

When I started, it was hard to get a  trade, but it does happen. Go and find an exchange rate - like at preev.com, find out what you money is worth, and offer to do a trade in around that amount. For example, if preev says your $20 PayPal is worth .07 btc, offer to trade for .065. That way, you set the rate but the person you trade with gets a better rate too. When you've done a few of these, the people you've traded with will be more willing to trade with you, and so will other people.

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 03:25:34 PM

I keep reading that no-one should trade with a newbie but how do you get past being a newbie? Is it the number of posts? If it is it would be easy just to reply to every post on the forum to upgrade status but it would not make that member anymore trustworthy.
OmegaCollector

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 03:51:15 PM

Not only that, but people on here can buy and sell accounts, so someone with a high rating could have just bought that account, and a newbie could be a senior member who sold an account and is starting again.

It's a crazy system that doesn't seems to serve anyone well.

If you want to trade, find a member named monbux. He's a very trusted trader. He'll have a trading post in Currency Exchange.

alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:32:34 PM

Thanks.
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:08:37 AM

Hello. Just to let everyone know that 2 newbies have carried out a transaction using paypal. I was using paypal so I went first. I received bitcoin during night. Not all newbies are scammers. This is proof of receiving bitcoin so I cannot do a cashback..
john20

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:13:23 PM

i sold to alva btc for paypal all went good
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:08:51 PM

Thanks for trade john20 and most important thanks for trusting me.
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:17:04 PM

Hello. I am looking to exchange paypal for bitcoin using VirWox. I am being asked about an Avatar name and Virtual world/grid where the default is showing as SL(Second Life). Anyone know what I should do at that point? Thanks for any replies,Derek.

I bought three-four time bitcoin with paypal at virwox and there is not any problem to do this. The procedure to follow is very simple. You must register (simple registration) then deposit money at your account from paypal (or credit card if you prefer). Then buy ssl linden dollars and at the end convert ssl in bitcoin. End of story. Withdraw bitcoin at your wallet and maybe needed time to do this if you are new.
alva5763 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:11:05 PM

Problem is the high fees.
tex99

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:50:56 AM

There is a nice tutorial that explains all the steps you need to take to buy Bitcoins for Paypal through Virwox.

https://www.deepdotweb.com/buy-bitcoins-with-paypal-credit-cards/

It explains you can ignore the message, “your avatar connection has not been validated yet”. I think you can also ignore the Virtual world/grid questions too.

The biggest drawback of using Virwox is the high fees you pay.
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:28:19 AM

...the high fees, and the limit they use for accounts up to level 3. You can only deposit 300 bucks (or something similar) daily and ten time that sum during a month.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: