Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Learn Music For Free Thread!  (Read 579 times)
CryptyMike (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 127

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:14:48 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 08:04:04 PM by CryptyMike

Hi!

Let's help each other out. Let's give some free advice, tips, or lessons to spread the enjoyment of learning music.

I decided to make a change as of my post in this thread on July 25. Let's just make a nice community thread servicing people who want to learn music! I can answer guitar and drum related questions. I will try to answer via posting a little video if I have time or by words. Let's make this a free service for people to just learn!

More about this thread - do you play saxophone? Bass? Banjo? Let people here know and spread your knowledge to some newbies who want to start. This is under one condition, your services must be free. This will be interesting if there are many public posts of explanations or videos. If it gets cumbersome I can make a clean list of links here jumping to the proper spot in the forum - like an index.

Intermediate/Advanced players welcome to ask as well of course.

I will simply leave my BTC address for tips if you want to do that: 15ghTj3fuhenjKsfYCEUXLSYpZ2ti6FaS7

Enjoy!

Best,
Mike

https://twitter.com/CryptyMike

~~~~~~~~

Original post - no longer in effect, because, fuck it.
I have been playing guitar for 10+ years, and for some side BTC, I would like to give lessons.

If you are a beginner that would like to get started by learning chords, learn some scales, or soloing techniques hit me up!

I will do 45 minute lessons for .15 BTC.

I also play the drums, but this is difficult to do via skype, so if you would like a general music lesson on rhythm and techniques I can do this as well.

If you have something specific you would like to learn, just ask and I will let you know if this is doable. For example, perhaps you want one or two lessons strictly on rhythmic theory, and blues soloing techniques.

PM me for questions, or if you are interested.

Best,
Mike

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tennozer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 07:25:37 PM

Where are you from? Maybe someone will want to have a lesson not only on internet but also one by one.

Twinks1959

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:39:09 PM

What is a signature campaign I'm from wa state
melisande

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:31:23 PM

Will this lesson be done online or offline? I actually wonder how this can be done.
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:41:52 PM

I am in the NYC area. This can be done online via video skype. I can look into other platforms as well, but Skype is not unheard of.

I prefer it to be online as I do have a full time job, and this something I would enjoy on the side.
melisande

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:02:26 PM

I am in the NYC area. This can be done online via video skype. I can look into other platforms as well, but Skype is not unheard of.

I prefer it to be online as I do have a full time job, and this something I would enjoy on the side.
That is interesting but 45 minute lessons for .15 BTC could be on a high side especially for a newbie in that field that could take more than 1 week to learn and understand.
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:43:18 PM

That is interesting but 45 minute lessons for .15 BTC could be on a high side especially for a newbie in that field that could take more than 1 week to learn and understand.

You are not wrong, but I believe my insight can teach a beginner more about the guitar more quickly than their own research. Also, the BTC price can drop, who knows.

Either way, the offer is out there, just thought it would be fun.
josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:02:39 PM

Can you post a recording of yourself? I mean I don't doubt that you can play guitar, however I am sure that it would help some people if you did post one

melisande

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:09:20 PM

You are not wrong, but I believe my insight can teach a beginner more about the guitar more quickly than their own research. Also, the BTC price can drop, who knows.

Either way, the offer is out there, just thought it would be fun.
Certainly it is going to be fun, I could learn this also but a keyboardist is highly needed in my local church and I have just put up for that besides I never knew neither thought that such thing can be learn online.
tennozer

Activity: 322

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 11:27:25 PM

I think playing a guitar is required some talent. I tried to learn at the past, but unfortunately I couldn't play.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:21:15 AM

I think playing a guitar is required some talent. I tried to learn at the past, but unfortunately I couldn't play.
Not really, you can do it if you had the motivation Smiley
Im suck at music but since i got guitars im not really that bad at music
I have my own method but im not going to share it since i dont want to disturb OPs business

Good luck Wink
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:29:18 AM

I have my own method but im not going to share it since i dont want to disturb OPs business

Good luck Wink

I completely agree with you, i started as a self-taught a few years ago, visited music school for about 1 hour where a teacher for whole hour was just explaining me how should i hold a guitar, i left soon after. I needed a practical knowledge. Now I use internet but for a total beginner i recommend to ask someone about the stuff you want to know because it will safe you many hours as you would study alone. And apart from that, music is passion and playing in two is more fun and enjoyable. Talent? Well, of course it cant hurt if you have some, the path of learning is easier but it's all about practicing everyday, week after week. You will see.
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:54:14 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 07:29:45 PM by CryptyMike

Good luck Wink

I completely agree with you, i started as a self-taught a few years ago, visited music school for about 1 hour where a teacher for whole hour was just explaining me how should i hold a guitar, i left soon after. I needed a practical knowledge. Now I use internet but for a total beginner i recommend to ask someone about the stuff you want to know because it will safe you many hours as you would study alone. And apart from that, music is passion and playing in two is more fun and enjoyable. Talent? Well, of course it cant hurt if you have some, the path of learning is easier but it's all about practicing everyday, week after week. You will see.

First off, thanks for the support here guys!

Second, it is true that you can certainly learn on your own, but having a basic knowledge of the guitar and how it works compared to other instruments is best to be taught from someone experienced. It helps put in to perspective, at least a little, what your journey ahead is.....For example, this is commonly an eye opener when I tell beginner guitarists. The guitar is built in such a genius way that once you learn one scale formation, you can do that same formation for any note! If you are learning saxophone, the Aminor scale or Gminor will have different finger formations because each note in the scale has a different set up. The guitar on the other hand, you simply learn the one minor formation, and you can do that on any fret (note) - so now you know ALL of the minor scales!

Little things like this help to motivate people.

Heck, I'm not doing this for the money, if there is something you really want to learn or understand, ask it here and I will try to articulate it by words, or perhaps post a video if I have the time. Perhaps you want to learn some chords, major scales, minor scales, or how the guitar works at a basic level. Anything really. I'll simply leave my BTC address and feel free to tip if you want!
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:30:17 PM

Good luck Wink

Second, it is true that you can certainly learn on your own, but having a basic knowledge of the guitar and how it works compared to other instruments is best to be taught from someone experienced. It helps put in to perspective, at least a little, what your journey ahead is.....For example, this is commonly an eye opener when I tell beginner guitarists. The guitar is built in such a genius way that once you learn one scale formation, you can do that same formation for any note! If you are learning saxophone, the Aminor scale or Gminor will have different finger formations because each note in the scale has a different set up. The guitar on the other hand, you simply learn the one minor formation, and you can do that on any fret (note) - so now you know ALL of the minor scales!

Heck, I'm not doing this for the money, if there is something you really want to learn or understand, ask it here and I will try to articulate it by words, or perhaps post a video if I have the time. I'll simply leave my BTC address and feel free to tip if you want!
You are a good person, hope life treating you well my good sir Smiley
Anyway, since OP is not doing business anymore i'd like to share my method here Cheesy
It's simple:
I learned guitar through a video game called rocksmith 2014
Here's one of the example how rocksmith works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQGRHhUILUQ
This game made by ubisoft and i don't think many people know about this game because this game isn't advertised as big as other ubisoft games
There's a practice mode where you will be teached basics and technique of guitar and free mode where you can play songs that available on your rocksmith
Rocksmith uses a "Real Tone Cable" made only for this game, if you bought the game on amazon you'll get free Real tone cable
Smiley
CryptyMike (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:29:24 AM

Good luck Wink

Heck, I'm not doing this for the money, if there is something you really want to learn or understand, ask it here and I will try to articulate it by words, or perhaps post a video if I have the time. I'll simply leave my BTC address and feel free to tip if you want!
You are a good person, hope life treating you well my good sir Smiley
Anyway, since OP is not doing business anymore i'd like to share my method here Cheesy
It's simple:
I learned guitar through a video game called rocksmith 2014
Here's one of the example how rocksmith works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQGRHhUILUQ
This game made by ubisoft and i don't think many people know about this game because this game isn't advertised as big as other ubisoft games
There's a practice mode where you will be teached basics and technique of guitar and free mode where you can play songs that available on your rocksmith
Rocksmith uses a "Real Tone Cable" made only for this game, if you bought the game on amazon you'll get free Real tone cable
Smiley

One of my buddies got Rocksmith, I have spent hours checking it out. Here is my opinion:
1. It is good for learning basic mechanics, but it in terms of learning how to gain your own "feel" and little nuances to create certain sounds you are missing out on this experience

2. You will not push yourself quite as much as if you attempted to learn a song via tabs or by ear. Since it teaches you psuedo versions of the song by going "easy" not playing all of the notes. This is still where basic mechanics comes in, but you may not push yourself as much.

3. It limits the "jamming" part of music. Nothing beats fooling around with random positions to explore new sounds you like.

ALL IN ALL, Rocksmith is great for learning mechanics and basic fingerings, but should not be substituted for raw practice and learning tabs.

Then there is songwriting, which is a whole other topic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: