Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is my bought account banned?  (Read 1667 times)
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:16:12 PM

Hey, I just bought an account ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=344525 ) from Magic8Ball here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1118706.0 and it got banned immediately, without any reason. Permanently. Can you please explain why?
bitcoinlitecoin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:18:29 PM

What was the message of the ban? Can you post it here?
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:23:03 PM

I said that there's no reason...

Sorry CoolRunnings21, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
You have been banned by a forum moderator. You may appeal here: banappeals-w6pquw43@theymos.e4ward.com .
bitcoinlitecoin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:40:04 PM

Did some of the posts deleted?
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:42:00 PM

No.. it's just wasted 0.26 BTC, thanks moderator / staff or whoever did this.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:55:26 PM

Was you already on a ban from another account and that is why you brought that new account? Because that would be ban evasion and would make sense for a perm ban but other than that I have no idea, if you was not banned then you had real bad luck buying that dodgy account. The risk with sold accounts.

GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:56:59 PM

Was you already on a ban from another account and that is why you brought that new account? Because that would be ban evasion and would make sense for a perm ban but other than that I have no idea, if you was not banned then you had real bad luck buying that dodgy account. The risk with sold accounts.

Yes, my previous account was banned for 60 days. However, I didn't know about this and I don't get why the ban is permanent..
ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:58:12 PM

I would suggest contacting Majic8Ball about this to see if he is wiling to give you a refund. If what you are saying is accurate, then the reason for the ban was something that either he did, or something that the person he purchased the account from did. If this is the case, then he absolutely should refund you, although he may not be able to post/PM either if he was the cause for the ban.

edit:
Yes, my previous account was banned for 60 days. However, I didn't know about this and I don't get why the ban is permanent..
Is your "previous" account still under the 60 day ban? If so then using alternate accounts (with the exception of using one to appeal your ban) is ban evasion, and you would most likely be the cause for the ban
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:01:41 PM

didn't you know that posting with another account outside of meta while you're still banned counts as ban evasion?
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:09:44 PM

didn't you know that posting with another account outside of meta while you're still banned counts as ban evasion?

No I unfortunately didn't.. I would be happy at least for 60 days ban, because my previous account was banned for 60 days and there was no ban before this. That 0.26 BTC was my last amount of money in bitcoins, so I basically "invested" it and wanted to get something from signature campaigns..  Cry
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:13:42 PM

I would like to know the reason too for reference. My suspicion is that the account got banned along with the new owner's other accounts.

I had obtained the account as collateral and I listed it for auction after the loan was defaulted on. I finally sold it for the principal amount.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829497.msg11960551#msg11960551

This was done openly and I had provided the new owner with the required messages.

I would suggest contacting Majic8Ball about this to see if he is wiling to give you a refund. If what you are saying is accurate, then the reason for the ban was something that either he did, or something that the person he purchased the account from did. If this is the case, then he absolutely should refund you, although he may not be able to post/PM either if he was the cause for the ban.

If the ban was due to any previous work from the account then I will issue a full refund.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 10:19:07 PM

Ban was solely due to the new owner ban evading, for the second time.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
zz11

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:20:22 PM

No I unfortunately didn't.. I would be happy at least for 60 days ban, because my previous account was banned for 60 days and there was no ban before this. That 0.26 BTC was my last amount of money in bitcoins, so I basically "invested" it and wanted to get something from signature campaigns..  Cry

You got perma banned for ban evasion. I suggest you stay away for 60 days and after that come back and request this account to get unbanned. The staff might decide to do so due to good behavior.

EDIT:

Second ban evasion, I think then you have no chance.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:21:16 PM

No I unfortunately didn't.. I would be happy at least for 60 days ban, because my previous account was banned for 60 days and there was no ban before this. That 0.26 BTC was my last amount of money in bitcoins, so I basically "invested" it and wanted to get something from signature campaigns..  Cry

oh hell.. then you probably won't get any refund from magic8all.
hopefully badbear might believe you and reduce the ban to 60 days.

edit:

ah. then I guess he won't get a third chance.
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:27:28 PM

Is there any chance to get at least the 60 days ban moved to my new account ( I bought the account before ban ) and permanently ban my previous account? I don't want to lose 0.26 BTC.. Sad I can wait 60 days just to get my account back, same goes for my reputation here. I see that there's 14 days ban on my account that was bought for signature campaign too, however I didn't notice this so I kept posting from my main account and got 60 days ban.. my new account was already in so.. I know that I'm the biggest  idiot here, but I want at least something Sad
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 10:29:32 PM

Is there any chance to get at least the 60 days ban moved to my new account ( I bought the account before ban ) and permanently ban my previous account?

Bans are not per account, they are per person.

I don't want to lose 0.26 BTC.. Sad I can wait 60 days just to get my account back, same goes for my reputation here. I see that there's 14 days ban on my account that was bought for signature campaign too, however I didn't notice this so I kept posting from my main account and got 60 days ban.. my new account was already in so.. I know that I'm the biggest  idiot here, but I want at least something Sad

Well... you got the suggestion to sit out the 60 day ban and ask nicely once they have passed.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 10:36:11 PM

Is there any chance to get at least the 60 days ban moved to my new account ( I bought the account before ban ) and permanently ban my previous account? I don't want to lose 0.26 BTC.. Sad I can wait 60 days just to get my account back, same goes for my reputation here. I see that there's 14 days ban on my account that was bought for signature campaign too, however I didn't notice this so I kept posting from my main account and got 60 days ban.. my new account was already in so.. I know that I'm the biggest  idiot here, but I want at least something Sad

Your previous accounts are permabanned as well, not 60 days anymore, duration just hadn't updated.

Ask again later, don't ask now.

People really need to stop getting greedy with sig campaigns.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:39:05 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 01:23:05 AM by GlobalTrader2012

Is there any chance to get at least the 60 days ban moved to my new account ( I bought the account before ban ) and permanently ban my previous account?

I don't want to lose 0.26 BTC.. Sad I can wait 60 days just to get my account back, same goes for my reputation here. I see that there's 14 days ban on my account that was bought for signature campaign too, however I didn't notice this so I kept posting from my main account and got 60 days ban.. my new account was already in so.. I know that I'm the biggest  idiot here, but I want at least something Sad

Well... you got the suggestion to sit out the 60 day ban and ask nicely once they have passed.

I know, but my previous account ( I don't want to use it anymore ) was banned for 60 days and my new ( I want to use this ) was banned permanently, no problem with waiting at all, but I just wanted to get the perma and 60 days bans swapped between the accounts, I hope that it's possible.

// They are all banned permanently now..

Your previous accounts are permabanned as well, not 60 days anymore, duration just hadn't updated.

Oh, that's bad.. Sad When should I ask? I want to get just the account mentioned in the first post.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 04:22:07 AM

I know, but my previous account ( I don't want to use it anymore ) was banned for 60 days and my new ( I want to use this ) was banned permanently, no problem with waiting at all, but I just wanted to get the perma and 60 days bans swapped between the accounts, I hope that it's possible.

// They are all banned permanently now..

Yes, because the bans apply to your person, not an individual account. You the person broke the rules by evading the ban, thus the ban for you was increased. In order to reflect this it was increased for all of your accounts.

Oh, that's bad.. Sad When should I ask? I want to get just the account mentioned in the first post.

From the little I know about this, the more you become a pest about this the lesser are your chances to get what you want. Just take a long vaccation from the board. If you need to contact someone leave a mail address or alternative way to reach you in your signatures (you still can change them).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
GlobalTrader2012 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:23:51 PM

From the little I know about this, the more you become a pest about this the lesser are your chances to get what you want. Just take a long vaccation from the board. If you need to contact someone leave a mail address or alternative way to reach you in your signatures (you still can change them).

I will wait.. but BadBear said "ask again later", when should I ask? What is the right time?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: