Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WOULD LOVE TO LEND OTHERS ;) HELP REQUIRED !  (Read 1974 times)
cryptosun (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Exchange Your BTC to PM Instantly :)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:40:27 PM

Hello  Smiley everyone Its Cryptosun,
I am holding like a good amount of Bitcoins for a longtime since 2 3 years Smiley , I heard lending is a good thing which can also let me make money but i am not familar how to lend because if we lend to unknown people we can be easily scammed Smiley , so i would love to get some thoughts how to lend someone and whats the surety they will pay and also is there any security a lender gets Smiley

Your help will be appericiated Smiley
Cryptosun Roll Eyes

Exchange your bitcoins to STP,PAYPAL,SKRIL,And PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:46:33 PM

much smileys, such wow.

here's my advice:
for the first few weeks, don't loan anything to other users unless they have a valid collateral that you can sell for 110% (or more) of their loan amount. in that time look around this section for the no collateral loans and learn gradually from them. after that it's up to you whether or not you want to start giving loans without a collateral or not.

I say this because it is hard to understand the no collateral loans if you're still new on bitcointalk. you'll need to learn how to judge users based on their reputation [1] before you start giving them loans without collateral.

[1] some people disagree with this way of thinking and advises others to always ask for a collateral.
cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:56:23 PM

much smileys, such wow.

here's my advice:
for the first few weeks, don't loan anything to other users unless they have a valid collateral that you can sell for 110% (or more) of their loan amount. in that time look around this section for the no collateral loans and learn gradually from them. after that it's up to you whether or not you want to start giving loans without a collateral or not.

I say this because it is hard to understand the no collateral loans if you're still new on bitcointalk. you'll need to learn how to judge users based on their reputation [1] before you start giving them loans without collateral.

[1] some people disagree with this way of thinking and advises others to always ask for a collateral.
thanks for the post buddy.

Sorry but I am a smiley's lover Smiley
i will try to use them rearly.

And my friend i am not sure what a valid collateral is it something like escrow?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:02:07 PM

And my friend i am not sure what a valid collateral is it something like escrow?

lol don't worry about the smileys, I was just making a joke.  Tongue

collateral is some kind of assurance. the borrower will give the collateral to the lender/escrow. and if the borrower is not able to repay the loan the lender have the right to hold/sell the collateral. basically the collateral will be yours if they default.

you can find what kind of collateral is valid and what is not on this post. bitcointalk accounts can also be used as a collateral, but like I said, not everyone agrees with that way of thinking.

oh, and it is advised to use escrow for holding the collaterals.
cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:06:34 PM

lol don't worry about the smileys, I was just making a joke.  Tongue

you can find what kind of collateral is valid and what is not on this post. bitcointalk accounts can also be used as a collateral, but like I said, not everyone agrees with that way of thinking.

oh, and it is advised to use escrow for holding the collaterals.
So collateral is like a solid thing which could be kept as a security correct? and bro I think first i should start with giving low loans Smiley? coz it will be safe for me until i understand, and according to you how much we could make with lending ?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:14:14 PM

So collateral is like a solid thing which could be kept as a security correct? and bro I think first i should start with giving low loans Smiley? coz it will be safe for me until i understand, and according to you how much we could make with lending ?

sorry I didn't include "what is collateral" in my previous post. edit now.

yes, you should start by giving low loans just to be safe.
profit in lending comes from from interest so that depends on your rate. most people asks for 10% but TBH the interest can vary based on the amount of a loan. tho I'm not sure if you can get much.
cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:17:36 PM

sorry I didn't include "what is collateral" in my previous post. edit now.

yes, you should start by giving low loans just to be safe.
profit in lending comes from from interest so that depends on your rate. most people asks for 10% but TBH the interest can vary based on the amount of a loan. tho I'm not sure if you can get much.
Ok Buddy thanks alot for your help Smiley , I will do so.

Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:12:24 AM

Perform thorough background checks on everyone before lending and always demand a collateral. Check the users trust, scam reports if any, other profiles on the Web etc. Moreover over,  I suggest you get get to know the forum much better since you're activity is low.

cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:29:15 AM

Perform thorough background checks on everyone before lending and always demand a collateral. Check the users trust, scam reports if any, other profiles on the Web etc. Moreover over,  I suggest you get get to know the forum much better since you're activity is low.
Thanks alot brother for your suggestion ,and yes i guess colleteral is good way to lend Smiley and yes trust level help us thats what i learnt and yes i am trying my best been online since yesterday lol Smiley

ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:12:18 AM

When will you start your lending business?,
No offense, but this sounds like " trust me , I am rich and I will never do something bad". 
Sorry, I just want to say what I've been thinking since I saw so many newbie scammers on this forum. I hope you are legit.

cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:08:01 AM

No offense, but this sounds like " trust me , I am rich and I will never do something bad". 
Sorry, I just want to say what I've been thinking since I saw so many newbie scammers on this forum. I hope you are legit.
I am not asking for trusting me Smiley i was asking about how the process works Smiley coz i had some spare btc which I am keeping since years Smiley so i thought it would be awesome if i could make some from them Wink

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:50:10 AM

you can't run here a good business based on loan with decent collateral, the only good collateral that they will ever offer might be their account, and at least it is something like legendary with plenty of trust it will not cover more than 1 btc

if you want to run something where you lend plenty of bitcoin, it's better to use btjam or like you said creating your own business
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 01:32:29 PM

I am not asking for trusting me Smiley i was asking about how the process works Smiley coz i had some spare btc which I am keeping since years Smiley so i thought it would be awesome if i could make some from them Wink

Save yourself the hassle and just hold on to them. Do not use BTCJam or any of those lending websites they have a ridiculous default rate from the borrowers. Lending here on Bitcointalk is a waste of time most loans are scams or for .005 amounts that are not worth the effort.

**JUST HODL**
cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:03:02 PM

you can't run here a good business based on loan with decent collateral, the only good collateral that they will ever offer might be their account, and at least it is something like legendary with plenty of trust it will not cover more than 1 btc

if you want to run something where you lend plenty of bitcoin, it's better to use btjam or like you said creating your own business
isn't it risky? what colletral they offer there like they offer their account here?

cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:05:31 PM

Save yourself the hassle and just hold on to them. Do not use BTCJam or any of those lending websites they have a ridiculous default rate from the borrowers. Lending here on Bitcointalk is a waste of time most loans are scams or for .005 amounts that are not worth the effort.

**JUST HODL**

Yes buddy i gues i will have to do that lol

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:40:57 PM

isn't it risky? what colletral they offer there like they offer their account here?

yeah there are some risk even with a++ members, but there are not alternative which are less risky besides this forum, also account as a collateral isn't the best collateral, you'll never be sure of being able to sell the account
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:43:53 PM

BTCjam better than you loaned in this forum.  Grin
Because if you loaned in this forum its have a big risk than BTCjam.  Grin
Or if you like loaned in this forum maybe you just can loaned for Hero Member with good reputation because most Hero Member is a person who has been long in the bitcoin and possibly trustworthy.  Tongue

you can minimize the risks significantly by only giving out loans when there's a valid collateral.
cryptosun (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:14:36 PM

BTCjam better than you loaned in this forum.  Grin
Because if you loaned in this forum its have a big risk than BTCjam.  Grin
Or if you like loaned in this forum maybe you just can loaned for Hero Member with good reputation because most Hero Member is a person who has been long in the bitcoin and possibly trustworthy.  Tongue

How we can trust btcjam what security they provide?

noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:16:01 AM

UI will suggest that you spread your bitcoin among different lending network because they help with all the security measure you only give the money when needed and you will get many people willing to borrow.
I suggest the following networks  https://www.bitbond.com, btcjam and https://bitlendingclub.com

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 02:57:24 PM

Feel free to roll the dice here and there, but not worth it in my opinion. Loaning here is pretty much chump change with a ton of competition.

Check the links below should explain it pretty well  Wink

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/bitlending-to-curb-loan-default-rates/  average interest 12.68% average default 7.91% - so you might make 5% if you pick the lucky ones...or loose non stop

https://btcjam.com/stats - look at returns in the negatives...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: