Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 04:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-07-25] DigitalBTC Buys $10.1M in Bitcoin While Running Loss of $1.2M  (Read 575 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:51:19 AM

n this year’s 2nd quarterly record, Australian firm DigitalBTC claims that it has actually placed up $ 1.2 million in losses, bringing the complete losses for the year to $ 2,744,000.

http://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/digitalbtc-buys-10-1m-in-bitcoin-while-running-loss-of-1-2m/
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:56:56 AM

Dang... that's rough.

From what I have heard over time, holding Bitcoin hasn't particularly been a smart business decision thusfar. The currency is always fluctuating, and since many businesses didn't begin looking into Bitcoin before the coverage it got in late 2013, a majority of businesses have only been around to watch it drop.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:28:43 PM

Dang... that's rough.

From what I have heard over time, holding Bitcoin hasn't particularly been a smart business decision thusfar. The currency is always fluctuating, and since many businesses didn't begin looking into Bitcoin before the coverage it got in late 2013, a majority of businesses have only been around to watch it drop.

Writeoffs due to currency fluctuations are the norm. Until there's a robust swaps market, that's just the way it is. Plenty of people are just fine from 2011, so I'd take issue with your rather generalized "from what I've heard over time" remark. Most smarter businesses convert immediately until they have confidence either in their predictive projections or factor it into their business model. The potential is still huge, so some drawdown is completely tolerable.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 12:32:15 AM

So this is a company created solely to buy and sell BTC?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:29:14 AM

"The Company has four key fintech products and services including:

digitalX Direct: Software for the institutional market, providing Bitcoin liquidity to market participants.

Mintsy: Joint Venture with one of the world’s biggest digital currency exchanges, Cryptsy. This product allows consumers to lease large-scale specialized hardware to earn digital currencies.

Pocket: A mobile application that makes financial transactions simple and more secure.

AirPocket: A disruptive, global, peer-to-peer remittance product, utilizing the Bitcoin blockchain technology, proven in other digitalBTC products.The AirPocket mobile application provides customers a convenient, low-cost, cash transfer option.The product allows anyone with a small cash float to become a remittance broker and provides the customer with a cheaper, more flexible option to send remittances."

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 06:42:37 PM

"The Company has four key fintech products and services including:

digitalX Direct: Software for the institutional market, providing Bitcoin liquidity to market participants.

Mintsy: Joint Venture with one of the world’s biggest digital currency exchanges, Cryptsy. This product allows consumers to lease large-scale specialized hardware to earn digital currencies.

Pocket: A mobile application that makes financial transactions simple and more secure.

AirPocket: A disruptive, global, peer-to-peer remittance product, utilizing the Bitcoin blockchain technology, proven in other digitalBTC products.The AirPocket mobile application provides customers a convenient, low-cost, cash transfer option.The product allows anyone with a small cash float to become a remittance broker and provides the customer with a cheaper, more flexible option to send remittances."

Thanks! 

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: