Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:39:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [5 BTC] AntMiner firmware job  (Read 4481 times)
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 01:14:29 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 02:38:43 PM by nicehash

Hi,

This is a job offer to prepare and test updated AntMiner firmwares with additional features. The main reason is to get updated AntMiner cgminer binaries and full firmwares with new patches (extranonce.subscibe, nextdiff bug, etc.), because Bitmain is not including newer versions of cgminer into their firmwares. The job is to:

A. Build current versions of cgminer:
- basis is our master branch of cgminer: https://github.com/nicehash/cgminer-ckolivas
- you must build cgminer binaries with latest drivers for AntMiner S2, AntMiner S3, AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1

B. Compose full firmwares:
- compose full firmwares for seamless firmware upgrade/replace for AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1 (no need for AntMiner S2 and S3 since cgminer binary can be directly replaced on running firmware)
- basis is smit1237's work with custom firmwares (see S4, S5 and C1 firmwares here https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software#cgminer)

All cgminer binaries (S2, S3, S4, S5, C1) must be tested and all firmwares (S4, S5, C1) must be tested (ask community for help if you don't have your own miners).

Once the job will be completed and we'll receive binaries and firmwares we'll pay for the job 5 BTC. We already had some jobs successfully completed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=362449) and we're running a trustworthy service since April 2014.

For any additional questions please post reply to this thread.

Kind regards,
NiceHash

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucky1974

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:27:23 PM

Hi,

This is a job offer to prepare and test updated AntMiner firmwares with additional features. The main reason is to get updated AntMiner cgminer binaries and full firmwares with new patches (extranonce.subscibe, nextdiff bug, etc.), because Bitmain is not including newer versions of cgminer into their firmwares. The job is to:

- basis is our master branch of cgminer: https://github.com/nicehash/cgminer-ckolivas
- you must build cgminer binaries with latest drivers for AntMiner S2, AntMiner S3, AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1

- compose full firmwares for seamless firmware upgrade/replace for AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1 (no need for AntMiner S2 and S3 since cgminer binary can be directly replaced on running firmware)
- basis is smit1237's work with custom firmwares (see S4, S5 and C1 firmwares here https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software#cgminer)

All cgminer binaries (S2, S3, S4, S5, C1) must be tested and all firmwares (S4, S5, C1) must be tested (ask community for help if you don't have your own miners).

Once the job will be completed and we'll receive binaries and firmwares we'll pay for the job 4 BTC. We already had some jobs successfully completed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=362449) and we're running a trustworthy service since April 2014.

Kind regards,
NiceHash

Great stealing BITMAIN's COPYRIGHT way to go !
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

CGMiner is GPLed software. Antminer was obligated to distribute the complete cooresponding source to their modifications under the same license. If they failed to do so then antminer would be in violation of the license.

I see nothing wrong with whats being requested here.
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:08:56 AM

Good to see someone with some clout stand up!

I did try to start a bounty to see if the voltage & other mods could be done

See here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1128018.0

Can this firmware please fix the voltage??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:40:14 AM

Bump +1 nicehash is going as 2nd back up pool for supporting Devs.  Cool
Fucking China(Bitmain) pools should be paying for this.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:21:21 AM

Most of the newer miners (Antminer S3 and up) already support extranooance and the latest versions. Why pay so much when most people don't use Antminer S1 / S2 anymore.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:24:29 AM

Good to see someone with some clout stand up!

I did try to start a bounty to see if the voltage & other mods could be done

See here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1128018.0

Can this firmware please fix the voltage??

If it can be done with software only and fixes issues or adds performance (even if for only small % of people), then we are interested to include it.

Most of the newer miners (Antminer S3 and up) already support extranooance and the latest versions. Why pay so much when most people don't use Antminer S1 / S2 anymore.

Because their software is bugged. It doesn't work properly (specifically, p= and xnsub are incompatible, Bitmain apparently included old version of xnsub, no matter the fact, that we specifically asked to include latest).

Unfortunately, most if not all ASIC producers care only about preorders and sales, once they get money, they give 0 support. There are no firmware upgrades to fix bugs in these miners or add new features wanted by the customers.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
blacklizard

Activity: 139
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:05:04 PM

You're aware that cgminer wasn't written by Bitmain and that its open source. No? If anything you should be asking Bitmain why they don't maintain their firmware.
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 05:36:09 PM

Hi,

Once the job will be completed and we'll receive binaries and firmwares we'll pay for the job 4 BTC. We already had some jobs successfully completed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=362449) and we're running a trustworthy service since April 2014.

Kind regards,
NiceHash

I'd like to do this, but unless I have physical hardware it will be an exercise in frustration and a waste of time. I'd rather agree to some price for the hardware, get the hardware, and if I don't have working binaries a month after getting the shipment, I pay for the miner. If I deliver the binaries, I keep the hardware (and can then do future upgrades, like systems to turn the miners on and off based on time-of-day electric rates)

I have no idea what these systems cost 'working used', is the total anywhere close to 4btc?

(Oh, and does the firmware on the scrypt A2 terminator work correctly? I have one of those...)
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:57:32 AM

You're aware that cgminer wasn't written by Bitmain and that its open source. No? If anything you should be asking Bitmain why they don't maintain their firmware.

Yes that, and how much is Bitmain losing by having someone else improve their product at their own expense?

As an Antminer user I'd like to make a request for the updated software- can you do something to keep the damned beeper from going off when it can't make a connection? Thanks!

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 08:27:38 AM

As an Antminer user I'd like to make a request for the updated software- can you do something to keep the damned beeper from going off when it can't make a connection? Thanks!

We would be very glad to increase the job reward for additional features ... however, we NEED someone to do it ... nobody hasn't yet applied for the job ... therefore please spread the word. There must be some developers out there that would be interested to do this job, but you have to spread the word.

Maybe one of the concerns is also that this job requires testing on various miners ... so if you own Bitmain's miners (S2,S3,S4...) and are willing to participate in testing with your equipment, please express your interest in this thread ... this way it might be easier for the developers once they know that they can test new binaries/firmware on the actual miners.

hozer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 12:40:11 PM

We would be very glad to increase the job reward for additional features ... however, we NEED someone to do it ... nobody hasn't yet applied for the job ... therefore please spread the word. There must be some developers out there that would be interested to do this job, but you have to spread the word.

Maybe one of the concerns is also that this job requires testing on various miners ... so if you own Bitmain's miners (S2,S3,S4...) and are willing to participate in testing with your equipment, please express your interest in this thread ... this way it might be easier for the developers once they know that they can test new binaries/firmware on the actual miners.

I'm applying, but I need hardware first, and I'd rather agree on a US dollar value for payment. Bitcoin is too volatile with the current uncertainty over block size.

It's also going to cost more time and effort to manage having volunteers test 5 different hardware combinations than what you are offering. If I had one of every machine sitting in front of me it would be a lot easier and more likely to get done within the budget of approximately $1152 you are proposing. Market rate for firmware engineers is probably $70 to $150/hour if you want someone who does this for a living.

4BTC might be a great deal for a college student or hobbyist, but then there's a good chance it won't get completed.
NiceHashSupport

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 01:03:04 PM

We needs this ASAP, we don't need someone to work on this over following months so that price fluctuation could be taken into account.

But anyway, we can pay in fiat EUR too, but in that case, you need to pass us an official invoice (issued by a legit company).

hozer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 01:33:01 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 11:04:05 PM by hozer

We needs this ASAP, we don't need someone to work on this over following months so that price fluctuation could be taken into account.

But anyway, we can pay in fiat EUR too, but in that case, you need to pass us an official invoice (issued by a legit company).

Are all the antminers beaglebones?

I think if I had one machine (say a S4/S5/C1) with a Debian beaglebone image ( http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.8-lxde-4gb-armhf-2015-03-01-4gb.img.xz ), then I could build binaries for everything. If the hardware is similar enough (gpios, etc), it might be possible to have a single SD card image that supports all of the antminers.

It might be possible to do this with remote ssh access to a miner, but I'd much rather buy a C1 to do the work (and then have a liquid cooled system afterwards)
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:39:01 PM

Can you guys let us know when this firmware will be available by announcing it on this thread.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 07:45:38 PM

I think if I had one machine (say a S4/S5/C5) with a Debian beaglebone image ( http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.8-lxde-4gb-armhf-2015-03-01-4gb.img.xz ), then I could build binaries for everything. If the hardware is similar enough (gpios, etc), it might be possible to have a single SD card image that supports all of the antminers.

It might be possible to do this with remote ssh access to a miner, but I'd much rather buy a C1 to do the work (and then have a liquid cooled system afterwards)

We have a few AntMiners in our lab and can provide the developer with full remote access to the miner (ssh, web, etc.) to one S3 and one S5 miner. As far as we know, S2 and S3 are using simillar fw os and S4, S4+, S5, C1 are also using similar fw os. But still, developer should organize testing on all models (community will help with other miners for sure once you get stable releases for S3 and S5).

Payment for the job stays fixed to Bitcoin, after all we are in Bitcoin business and we are striving to pay all our subcontractors and services in Bitcoin, whenever possible unbound of fiat rates.

lovenlifelarge

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:32:07 PM

I have a C1 & an S4 i can throw into the mix via remote access to get these firmwares done, That should cover all the bitmain machines that need doing besides a S1 & S2..

Pm me for access...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:33:43 PM

Are all the antminers beaglebones?

I think if I had one machine (say a S4/S5/C1) with a Debian beaglebone image ( http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.8-lxde-4gb-armhf-2015-03-01-4gb.img.xz ), then I could build binaries for everything. If the hardware is similar enough (gpios, etc), it might be possible to have a single SD card image that supports all of the antminers.

Why dont u do the work with remote access then use the 4btc bounty to buy something new when bitmain releases them??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:32:27 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 03:06:41 AM by lovenlifelarge

Hi,

Kind regards,
NiceHash

Besides the fact Bitmain fails the GPL on cgminer its pretty hard to claim ownership over firmware when u don't update it...

These miners are being sent out the door with the expectation that they will last maybe 6 months (They only do a 90 day warranty)

Miners should be made with the expectation they will last 12 months & should come with a full power setting & a max power saving setting to gives these miners the minimum 12 month life span they deserve, instead of creating more landfill...

The miners are made as all due care taken, No responsibility accepted basis....

If Bitmain continues to make miners they have a duty of care to the community & the planet to make modular miners with drop in cards so that at least 75% of the miners are being re used & if they go this direction the updating of firmwares will be paramount as to dropping in new chips to run with the same power supply while updating Cgminer at the same time to keep up with Current Developments in The Bitcoin World..

ie the extra nonce patch...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
NiceHashSupport

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:57:06 PM

Bump, still looking.

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:01:09 PM

Hi,

Kind regards,
NiceHash

where's the problem here ? .. i dont understand what you mean..
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:23:49 PM

Hi,

Kind regards,
NiceHash

where's the problem here ? .. i dont understand what you mean..

tl;dr  - He's just uneducated. Anyone that screams "COPYRIGHT" is like someone screaming "RACIST". You can generally ignore them as unmotivated idiots.

What he's saying is that since Bitmain put together the packages to run on the S4-5 etc. then they're legally the owners of all the software that goes on it and/or runs and/or controls the miner, which is funny because most of it is open source offshoots. This is a really big buzzword in the USA because of all the marketing that RIAA and MPAA pushed into schools during the 90's and early 2000's. Kids don't bother to research anything anymore aside from a simple google search so they accept it as gospel.
Molding children's minds, one lie at a time.  Angry

edited because my first reply felt a little too rough

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:50:08 PM

hum : 
Copyright is a legal right created by the law of a country that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights to its use and distribution, usually for a limited time. The exclusive rights are not absolute; they are limited by limitations and exceptions to copyright law, including fair use.

so i understand this part ... the problem is: i dont see any copyright problems here...   Wink

anyway thanx for your answer .

kind regards.
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:40:09 PM

Bump.

We're still looking for someone to do this job. The reward was increased to 5 BTC. There must be someone interested in this job, so please go on and spread the word.

Kind regards,
NiceHash team.

bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:14:58 PM

Bump.

We're still looking for someone to do this job. The reward was increased to 5 BTC. There must be someone interested in this job, so please go on and spread the word.

Kind regards,
NiceHash team.
I could do this when I get some time to rebuild my cross compiler environment, however you need to apply the patch you want to this repo since mainline cgminer does not yet support all models of antminers.

Mining Software Developer.
NiceHashSupport

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:30:12 AM

Bump, still looking.

bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:25:59 PM

Bump, still looking.
You need to apply your patch to this repo if you want me to try and do this.

Mining Software Developer.
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:30:40 AM

Bump, still looking.

I can build these binaries and replace the current cgminer in the image you linked to in the ad (smit1237's image).

Couple of questions/concerns.

Not all the Bitmain devices use the same platform for the mining interface.

Do you want an "archless" build of cgminer? In some cases, that will not be optimal for these devices.
They are somewhat underpowered, and the cgminer binaries should be built specifically for the miner platform type.

I'd be happy to get this done for you tomorrow (or asap), please let me know what you're expecting.

Thanks!
Fleshwounded

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:25:43 AM

Im sitting here looking at Custom Firmware by Zwilla for Bitmain Antminer S7, so I know it can be done and I think... I might have an idea... But its going to be like build your own linux type thing building and deconstructing things from scratch. Providing you can mount all the images and get in it can be done np. Going to attempt, let me be the first to say ill try, I know ive ssh'd onto my antminer so access at that level is possible. But its only worked once, now it seems to not accept any passwords from me so, I dont know... Ill keep you posted.
Fleshwounded

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:32:26 AM

Im already wondering if you can run antminer "firmware" on raspberry pies to those who haven't already figured it out. Thats worth a tip right there if you ask me...

Hi bitcointalk its been years of me lurking but im finally making debut... To those who know me, know me well, those who don't... Well?
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 11:49:59 PM

Hi to all,

my build for S5 and S7 is ready to review by nicehash team

MinToRRo will do this job. Mining on Nicehash and that very well take e look to a live running Antminer S7 machine

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1QAUCDw2naJzCXrxfKARwDLyMx71qxQneh

Here is the result of the dashboard:

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: