Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:36:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [5 BTC] AntMiner firmware job  (Read 4481 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:01:09 PM

Hi,

This is a job offer to prepare and test updated AntMiner firmwares with additional features. The main reason is to get updated AntMiner cgminer binaries and full firmwares with new patches (extranonce.subscibe, nextdiff bug, etc.), because Bitmain is not including newer versions of cgminer into their firmwares. The job is to:

A. Build current versions of cgminer:
- basis is our master branch of cgminer: https://github.com/nicehash/cgminer-ckolivas
- you must build cgminer binaries with latest drivers for AntMiner S2, AntMiner S3, AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1

B. Compose full firmwares:
- compose full firmwares for seamless firmware upgrade/replace for AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1 (no need for AntMiner S2 and S3 since cgminer binary can be directly replaced on running firmware)
- basis is smit1237's work with custom firmwares (see S4, S5 and C1 firmwares here https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software#cgminer)

All cgminer binaries (S2, S3, S4, S5, C1) must be tested and all firmwares (S4, S5, C1) must be tested (ask community for help if you don't have your own miners).

Once the job will be completed and we'll receive binaries and firmwares we'll pay for the job 4 BTC. We already had some jobs successfully completed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=362449) and we're running a trustworthy service since April 2014.

For any additional questions please post reply to this thread.

Kind regards,
NiceHash

Great stealing BITMAIN's COPYRIGHT way to go !
where's the problem here ? .. i dont understand what you mean..
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:23:49 PM

Hi,

This is a job offer to prepare and test updated AntMiner firmwares with additional features. The main reason is to get updated AntMiner cgminer binaries and full firmwares with new patches (extranonce.subscibe, nextdiff bug, etc.), because Bitmain is not including newer versions of cgminer into their firmwares. The job is to:

A. Build current versions of cgminer:
- basis is our master branch of cgminer: https://github.com/nicehash/cgminer-ckolivas
- you must build cgminer binaries with latest drivers for AntMiner S2, AntMiner S3, AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1

B. Compose full firmwares:
- compose full firmwares for seamless firmware upgrade/replace for AntMiner S4, AntMiner S5 and AntMiner C1 (no need for AntMiner S2 and S3 since cgminer binary can be directly replaced on running firmware)
- basis is smit1237's work with custom firmwares (see S4, S5 and C1 firmwares here https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software#cgminer)

All cgminer binaries (S2, S3, S4, S5, C1) must be tested and all firmwares (S4, S5, C1) must be tested (ask community for help if you don't have your own miners).

Once the job will be completed and we'll receive binaries and firmwares we'll pay for the job 4 BTC. We already had some jobs successfully completed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=362449) and we're running a trustworthy service since April 2014.

For any additional questions please post reply to this thread.

Kind regards,
NiceHash

Great stealing BITMAIN's COPYRIGHT way to go !
where's the problem here ? .. i dont understand what you mean..

tl;dr  - He's just uneducated. Anyone that screams "COPYRIGHT" is like someone screaming "RACIST". You can generally ignore them as unmotivated idiots.

What he's saying is that since Bitmain put together the packages to run on the S4-5 etc. then they're legally the owners of all the software that goes on it and/or runs and/or controls the miner, which is funny because most of it is open source offshoots. This is a really big buzzword in the USA because of all the marketing that RIAA and MPAA pushed into schools during the 90's and early 2000's. Kids don't bother to research anything anymore aside from a simple google search so they accept it as gospel.
Molding children's minds, one lie at a time.  Angry

edited because my first reply felt a little too rough

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:50:08 PM

hum : 
Copyright is a legal right created by the law of a country that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights to its use and distribution, usually for a limited time. The exclusive rights are not absolute; they are limited by limitations and exceptions to copyright law, including fair use.

so i understand this part ... the problem is: i dont see any copyright problems here...   Wink

anyway thanx for your answer .

kind regards.
nicehash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:40:09 PM

Bump.

We're still looking for someone to do this job. The reward was increased to 5 BTC. There must be someone interested in this job, so please go on and spread the word.

Kind regards,
NiceHash team.

bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:14:58 PM

Bump.

We're still looking for someone to do this job. The reward was increased to 5 BTC. There must be someone interested in this job, so please go on and spread the word.

Kind regards,
NiceHash team.
I could do this when I get some time to rebuild my cross compiler environment, however you need to apply the patch you want to this repo since mainline cgminer does not yet support all models of antminers.

Mining Software Developer.
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:30:12 AM

Bump, still looking.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:25:59 PM

Bump, still looking.
You need to apply your patch to this repo if you want me to try and do this.

Mining Software Developer.
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:30:40 AM

Bump, still looking.

I can build these binaries and replace the current cgminer in the image you linked to in the ad (smit1237's image).

Couple of questions/concerns.

Not all the Bitmain devices use the same platform for the mining interface.

Do you want an "archless" build of cgminer? In some cases, that will not be optimal for these devices.
They are somewhat underpowered, and the cgminer binaries should be built specifically for the miner platform type.

I'd be happy to get this done for you tomorrow (or asap), please let me know what you're expecting.

Thanks!
Fleshwounded

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:25:43 AM

Im sitting here looking at Custom Firmware by Zwilla for Bitmain Antminer S7, so I know it can be done and I think... I might have an idea... But its going to be like build your own linux type thing building and deconstructing things from scratch. Providing you can mount all the images and get in it can be done np. Going to attempt, let me be the first to say ill try, I know ive ssh'd onto my antminer so access at that level is possible. But its only worked once, now it seems to not accept any passwords from me so, I dont know... Ill keep you posted.
Fleshwounded

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 03:32:26 AM

Im already wondering if you can run antminer "firmware" on raspberry pies to those who haven't already figured it out. Thats worth a tip right there if you ask me...

Hi bitcointalk its been years of me lurking but im finally making debut... To those who know me, know me well, those who don't... Well?
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 11:49:59 PM

Hi to all,

my build for S5 and S7 is ready to review by nicehash team

MinToRRo will do this job. Mining on Nicehash and that very well take e look to a live running Antminer S7 machine

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1QAUCDw2naJzCXrxfKARwDLyMx71qxQneh

Here is the result of the dashboard:

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: