Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:28:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vladimir Putin has fired 110,000 government officials at a stroke  (Read 450 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 12:17:23 AM

This is what belt-tightening looks like in Russia: Vladimir Putin has fired 110,000 government officials at a stroke.

The Russian president signed a decree last week limiting the number of staff employed by the Interior Ministry to just over one million. That requires massive layoffs that will bring total headcount down by 10%.

Administrative staff will bear the brunt of the cuts at the ministry, which controls the Russian police, paramilitary security forces and the road traffic safety agency.

Russia is slashing government spending by 10% across the board this year as it suffers its worst economic crisis in years.

The double whammy of tumbling oil prices and Western sanctions, imposed on Russia over its involvement in the crisis in Ukraine, has hit hard.

The economy shrank by 2.2% in the first quarter. The IMF expects it to contract by 3.8% this year, and by more than 1% in 2016.

Putin took a pay cut of 10% in March, shortly after demanding every government department -- except defense -- reduce spending.

Officials figures show unemployment rose to 5.4% in June, compared to 4.8% a year ago.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/24/news/russia-putin-layoffs/

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:06:41 AM

This is what belt-tightening looks like in Russia: Vladimir Putin has fired 110,000 government officials at a stroke.

The Russian president signed a decree last week limiting the number of staff employed by the Interior Ministry to just over one million. That requires massive layoffs that will bring total headcount down by 10%.

Administrative staff will bear the brunt of the cuts at the ministry, which controls the Russian police, paramilitary security forces and the road traffic safety agency.

Russia is slashing government spending by 10% across the board this year as it suffers its worst economic crisis in years.

The double whammy of tumbling oil prices and Western sanctions, imposed on Russia over its involvement in the crisis in Ukraine, has hit hard.

The economy shrank by 2.2% in the first quarter. The IMF expects it to contract by 3.8% this year, and by more than 1% in 2016.

Putin took a pay cut of 10% in March, shortly after demanding every government department -- except defense -- reduce spending.

Officials figures show unemployment rose to 5.4% in June, compared to 4.8% a year ago.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/24/news/russia-putin-layoffs/
For the USA, the cut needs to be far higher than 10%.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:12:37 AM

75% of the Russian bureaucrats and the officials are corrupt. These people should be fired from their jobs, if Putin want to avoid an economical meltdown in Russia. Their police department is one of the worst in the world. The officials take money from Azeri and Tadzhik drug lords, and allow free circulation of heroin and krokodil. These drugs are killing hundreds of thousands of young Russians every year. Putin will not act against these officials, as they support him overwhelmingly.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:39:44 AM

75% of the Russian bureaucrats and the officials are corrupt. These people should be fired from their jobs, if Putin want to avoid an economical meltdown in Russia. Their police department is one of the worst in the world. The officials take money from Azeri and Tadzhik drug lords, and allow free circulation of heroin and krokodil. These drugs are killing hundreds of thousands of young Russians every year. Putin will not act against these officials, as they support him overwhelmingly.

I am sure, that those drugs do not kill hundreds of thousands, otherwise you are onto something. Most eastern european countries have hybrid systems, that have neither the western transparency, nor the eastern "firm hand", making them bloated and inefficient.

Personally, I dont believe this slashing is enough. Current system needs to systematically overhauled from top to bottom over the course of atleast a decade. Defense ministry was also non-functional until Kremlin gave free hand to Mr. Shoigu to do whatever he considers important.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:50:10 PM

I am sure, that those drugs do not kill hundreds of thousands, otherwise you are onto something.

Here:

http://www.rt.com/news/171348-russia-drugs-death-crime/

The direct loses alone number 100,000. If we add in the indirect losses, then I am afraid that the figure must be much higher. Also, you have to remember that two-thirds of the new HIV infections occur in Russia as a result of IDU.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:50:18 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 05:59:55 PM by Okurkabinladin

I didnt know the problem is that severe, I admit. It would mean, that atleast 5% of all deaths in Russia are drug related, very crude way of natural selection...

EDIT: I made a typo.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:27:29 AM

I didnt know the problem is that severe, I admit. It would mean, that atleast 5% of all deaths in Russia are drug related, very crude way of natural selection...

EDIT: I made a typo.

5% of all the deaths in Russia are directly caused by the drug addiction. Apart from these, the indirect causes (such as HIV infections as a result of IDU, suicides and homicides resulting from drug usage.etc) account for another 10-15%. The Russians don't want to acknowledge this problem. For them, this is natural selection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: