Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not receiving payment (shows up as unconfirmed)  (Read 2019 times)
Hekuro (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:34:16 PM

Hi,

I've got the following problem:
My bitcoin client shows that it received a payment over 0.02 BTC (no idea who sent it). It shows it as "0/unconfirmed" - for five days now.
I've already ran bincoin.exe -rescan and I've got all blocks. (I've got 128183 at the moment).
My problem isn't that it's important for me to receive the payment (only 0.02 BTC), the problem is that the bitcoin client always shows it

...and that I am a bit worried that my wallet.dat is somehow corrupted.

I would be very happy if you could help me.
Thanks!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:37:32 PM

It's not corrupt- it's just a very very low priority transaction, and was sent without a fee.

It will eventually confirm, don't worry Smiley

-Garrett
Hekuro (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:39:03 PM

Wow, does it really take longer than five days?  Shocked
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:40:39 PM

Wow, does it really take longer than five days?  Shocked

For very low priority transactions, yes. This is such a small amount and likely didn't include a fee, and might be new coins as well (the person who sent them just got them). All those combine to make something a low priority transaction.

Once the coins age enough, the tx will make it into the blockchain.
Hekuro (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:48:56 PM

OK, than I won't worry, thank you!
Calavera

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 06:50:55 PM

You should be able to find it in here:

http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

If you can't then you may have a problem.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 07:38:06 PM

Wow, does it really take longer than five days?  Shocked

For very low priority transactions, yes.

Even when low priority transactions were the most backup up (2,000 + at one time) the longest delay for a transaction to get included in block was about 24 hours or thereabouts.

Today that number of transactions queued is just a few dozen, so at worst they will likely get included in a block within a few hours.

I'm not sure the reason why this has worked when rescan hasn't but pulling a new blockchain might be a workaround for your problem.
  - http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/blockchain/
backup your wallet.dat first, or even copy it to a separate computer to see if this method solves your problem.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Hekuro (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:46:22 PM

Ok, I will try this as soon as I am on a stable internet connection (I am on mobile internet at the moment). Then I will report back. Thank you very much for your help.
Calavera

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 09:36:03 PM

Don't bother with that yet.

Check block explorer and see if the transaction is in a block. 

If it's in a block then get the block chain again.  If it isn't, and it isn't in the link I posted above then it's possible it was a double spend or similar.
Hekuro (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:53:49 AM

Don't bother with that yet.

Check block explorer and see if the transaction is in a block. 

If it's in a block then get the block chain again.  If it isn't, and it isn't in the link I posted above then it's possible it was a double spend or similar.

Yes it is in a block. So I have downloaded the blockchain now. I copied wallet.dat to an usb-stick, then deleted it and placed the new blockchain there. Then I ran bitcoin. Now I'm waiting for it to download the other blocks. But... When it is done with that, should I just place wallet.dat in the Bitcoin data directory? Should I run bitcoin with -rescan then? Or just run it normally?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: