Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:02:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Most active topics.  (Read 626 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:18:33 AM

I would like to see a link at the top of the forum close to watchlist with the following features:

- Most active posts (ie. which threads have had most posts the last 24|12|6|2 hours for instance.

It could follow the rule that if clicked on at the front page of the forum, the most active threads globally was listed,
and if clicked on while viewing a sub-section of the forum, only the threads that are most active in this subset
of the forum were listed.

This would make it a lot easier to find where the 'heat' is. As it is now, lot's of threads are moved off the main forum,
and thus deserve less attention from users. After all, most people view the main Bitcoin forum first, right ?

<digression>
This lead me to another idea though, and that would be for the forum to have an API, so anyone could make a 'skin'
to the forum and present information any way they choose to.
</digression>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:49:09 PM

<digression>
This lead me to another idea though, and that would be for the forum to have an API, so anyone could make a 'skin'
to the forum and present information any way they choose to.
</digression>
This has been suggested before, but is very hard to implement. I'm working on a simple board-fetcher which can currently get details about a certain thread and the posts within it (which is very useful), but it isn't optimal yet (it's very slow because I download every print page of every thread, and then save them to disk). I hope to make this faster in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: