Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:15:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are becoming a joke...... Anyone Agree?  (Read 2237 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:24:40 PM

...and this turns into a hawk your bags to others thread. How typical.
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:29:40 PM

The creation of new Altcoins needs to stop
I like to think cryptocurrency exists because there is no one to tell us to stop, or what we can do with our money, or how we transact our financial affairs, Like it or not, this is what unbridled freedom is: beautiful anarchy. If anyone has the means, they can create a new coin of their liking, without limits, rules, and the permission of an unelected authority. And it is solely up to you, the investor, to protect yourself from losses. I wouldn't want it any other way. Like every thing else in the world, the good far outweighs the bad, especially when you consider benefits of the open-source software.

Like a true free market, cryptocoins with integrity, innovation, usefulness, and loyal communities are thriving. They are not hurt by the proliferation of alts, nor would they be helped by limiting them. It is not particularly difficult to identify good coins, especially with the resources of the internet. I have the notion that greed plays a large role in people chasing these new alts and getting burned. For that, they are rightfully punished. For those who naively stumble into the trap, well, eduction ain't free.

What the community members can and should do is police itself, rout out the serial scammers and endorse good coins based on the criteria above. Everyone will benefit here.

Long live cryptocurrencies and open-source software!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 09:35:55 PM

...and this turns into a hawk your bags to others thread. How typical.

It's this board's favourite running gag. Tongue

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:29:26 PM

I agree, with the exception of several alt projects with serious innovation. However I think the Alt section on BitcoinTalk is a joke. 

Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:27:15 AM

Some of the altcoins have a project behind their self. there are not joke .... but i believe if people accept altcoins are a big joke , the price of Btc going up to $10000 or more ....
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 05:34:43 AM

Yes, the best and wrong. If cryptoCURRENCIES are stocks, what are cryptoSTOCKS then?
Cryptostocks.com or NXT Asset Exchange are places where anyone who owns a computer can buy "stocks".
Currencies have different features.

A cryptocurrency can be thought of like a company; it has shares (the currency), profit (fees burnt), employees (miners), users (us).

real or even scam company would files lot of paper works in other to trade on over-the-counter oct or pink sheet stock. here with crytocurrency only copy/paste or duplicated blue print and pay bittrex a messy back door of 1btc as sponsored and you could make ton of money, in cryptocurrency land you don't need employees(pos coin), all you need is a duplicated coin 100% own by you, scam exchange like bittrex and the dumb morons who think they're getting a very cheap meaningless air coin. don't worry there are lot of dumb morons who are willing to buy into anything.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
titibach

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:54:55 PM

It depend for which alt coin?? Maybe for new and un stabile alt coin they will becaome anothers jokes of the year, but for some big alt coin like doge lite and btc they still have bright future because there already alot of people have develope and build in Trust to that coint
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:40:07 PM

The creation of new Altcoins needs to stop
I like to think cryptocurrency exists because there is no one to tell us to stop, or what we can do with our money, or how we transact our financial affairs, Like it or not, this is what unbridled freedom is: beautiful anarchy. If anyone has the means, they can create a new coin of their liking, without limits, rules, and the permission of an unelected authority. And it is solely up to you, the investor, to protect yourself from losses. I wouldn't want it any other way. Like every thing else in the world, the good far outweighs the bad, especially when you consider benefits of the open-source software.

Like a true free market, cryptocoins with integrity, innovation, usefulness, and loyal communities are thriving. They are not hurt by the proliferation of alts, nor would they be helped by limiting them. It is not particularly difficult to identify good coins, especially with the resources of the internet. I have the notion that greed plays a large role in people chasing these new alts and getting burned. For that, they are rightfully punished. For those who naively stumble into the trap, well, eduction ain't free.

What the community members can and should do is police itself, rout out the serial scammers and endorse good coins based on the criteria above. Everyone will benefit here.

Long live cryptocurrencies and open-source software!

lol. it's okay to create whatever you want as long as you're not using it to rip people off. Marketcap of crypto has decreased since 2014 and it'll keep falling. As much as you're enjoying your BTC from pnd the reality is it's not attracting new investors and those who are getting attracted are leaving after losing money. In few years marketcap would die down to few hunder dollars if things keep going the way they are right now.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████