Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there interest to crowdfund an open source potential activity counter?  (Read 1407 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 12:47:06 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 12:40:57 PM by SebastianJu

I ask this on here because account sellers will be around here. If the thread is better placed elsewhere then let me know.

The topic is about counting activity of forum accounts. With an account that has a couple hundred of posts, or even thousands, its work to count the potential activity. But its an important thing for sellers and buyers.

So subSTRATA suggested a bot: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1112707.msg11952386#msg11952386 Such a bot would make account trading very much easier. Sellers have an easy task to count, buyers can verify when they bought and escrows can verify fast when the buyer wants the escrow to check the potential activity.

What i would want to ask in this thread is if there is someone offering a price for creating such a bot and secondly if there are enough sellers interested to crowdfund such a bot. I dont have a clue how easy such task would be though there should be certain scripting languages for browsers.

So i would like to post offers for creating such a bot and i would like to post if someone would tip for such a cause.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1ZHs

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:39:35 PM

Depending on it's price, I'd be interested in funding such a system/service.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

i would be up for contributing a bit to the project were it to come to fruition; i can see some potential revenue from this as well: if the bot is run on a website, there is potential for revenue from ad money, although for this to be feasible the ad money would have to surpass the posting costs. however, i dont know if such a site would generate that much traffic, as I don't know how active the account trading/selling market is for farmed accounts with potential activity.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 05:05:31 PM

I would actually be interested in writing the bot.

This could be a bounty thing. The bounty could be crowd funded and whoever makes the first implementation that works gets the bounty.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 11:45:11 AM

i would be up for contributing a bit to the project were it to come to fruition; i can see some potential revenue from this as well: if the bot is run on a website, there is potential for revenue from ad money, although for this to be feasible the ad money would have to surpass the posting costs. however, i dont know if such a site would generate that much traffic, as I don't know how active the account trading/selling market is for farmed accounts with potential activity.

The risk of a service like that would be that its owner would know which accounts get sold. That might be a risk for seller and buyers. Or lets say its a risk for the buyer since such an account wont get negative before it gets sold.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 11:48:36 AM

I would actually be interested in writing the bot.

This could be a bounty thing. The bounty could be crowd funded and whoever makes the first implementation that works gets the bounty.

Then we would need to know how much work it is. I imagine it can be done in 5 minutes for an experienced user since there are scripting languages you can add to a browser and automate processes.

Or there is greasemonkey. I think it should be able to do something with that too.

So for now i dont have a clue about what would it cost. With a bounty... i think if the bounty is worth it and im a developer, then i would not start working on it when the risk is high that my work is wasted because someone was faster.

So i think we need offers in price, bitcoin wise.

The code should be reviewd of course to ensure its safe to use.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 08:52:59 PM

Hi guys. We made some progress. After i asked for a coder in development subforum someone created a bot after the rules i told him. He now asks for some funds in order to release it as open source.

If anyone is interested into such a bot then you can tip something here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144973.new#new

The bot can calculate any potential activity with the real correct timeframes. Once the amount is met he will release the code as open source so that every trader, buyer or escrow can use it on his own without having to trust a third party.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 08:57:35 PM

Hey, so I have actually made my own bot that also does price estimation for accounts. It is released as open source, and I am working on getting the website up and working. I made a thread in project development here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142314.0. The only problem with it is it might get ip banned because of too many requests which is something I am working on right now.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 09:50:59 PM

Hey, so I have actually made my own bot that also does price estimation for accounts. It is released as open source, and I am working on getting the website up and working. I made a thread in project development here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142314.0. The only problem with it is it might get ip banned because of too many requests which is something I am working on right now.

You need to only request a page from the forum each second. Otherwise you will run in problems.

And did you know that the timeframes arent fully exact?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:57:02 AM

You need to only request a page from the forum each second. Otherwise you will run in problems.
It works when only one person is using it, but when multiple people are, then it runs into some issues. Also, longer delay times also means that people with thousands of posts will take a long time to calculate.

Yes. 1210000 seconds which is a little more than two weeks.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:45:15 PM

It works when only one person is using it, but when multiple people are, then it runs into some issues. Also, longer delay times also means that people with thousands of posts will take a long time to calculate.

Yes. 1210000 seconds which is a little more than two weeks.

If you want to offer it to the public then you need to have some form of queue. So that each request is worked after the other ended. Otherwise you will always run into the issue.

That it takes a long time for old accounts is not avoidable unfortunately.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:47:15 PM

20% of the bot are funded yet. Only 0.08 Bitcoins to go to make it public domain. Please visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144973.new#new and tip if you think it would be valuable for your account trading business. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: