Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:24:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying gold with Bitcoins?  (Read 4754 times)
BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 09:06:48 PM

so what weight og gold is that?  and how much?

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 09:18:45 PM

so what weight og gold is that?  and how much?

1oz .999 fine gold, $200 over spot. Includes a capsule, custom acrylic Bitcoin ring, and a presentation box.

This is a custom-made Casascius Coin denominated as 1000 BITCOINS.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 08:50:18 PM

I recently received an order from Bitcoincommodities.  Exactly as ordered.  Less than 1 week shipping (international).  All round, good service.

BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 08:33:42 PM

I am still azwaiting an order from BTCgold.org.  Its been 2 weeks and their customer service is ignoring me now.  They were recommended on here so I thought I would give them a go. Ill report back if the mercahdise ever shows up!

Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 07:36:44 AM

I am still azwaiting an order from BTCgold.org.  Its been 2 weeks and their customer service is ignoring me now.  They were recommended on here so I thought I would give them a go. Ill report back if the mercahdise ever shows up!
Sad

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 04:30:28 PM

Not looking good.  I have now been ignored for 3 days.  My original enquiry told me my order was in process and to check on the site, despite there being nothing there.  I have emailed numerous times and have been ignored each time.  It looks as though Ive been ripped off.

I should have know better as the site has a mix of stuff and doesnt really look like a pro gold selling site.  Oh well, you live and learn.  If anything turns up I will report back and apologise for not being patient!

kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:06:11 PM

I've read something about possibly buying gold with Bitcoins, is this true?

Has anyone else done this & is it getting common?  What exchanges offer this kind of service?

Any more info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I ordered a 1/10th oz Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin from Coinabul, September 14th and it still isn't here yet. What's worse is I e-mailed Jon yesterday about it and have heard nothing back. I'm assuming the 'fake gold tungsten' ordeal has set them back in getting products to their customers, but benefit of the doubt only lasts so long.
amigaman

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:51:10 PM

I also tried to get info from coinabul, bitcoincommodities and btcgold.
None of them answered my question.
I personally believe they just keep the BTC, because they are anon and can't be refunded.
I would really like to switch to real hard investments, but it's not easy to get money from BTC here in Germany...

Alternatives, please?
BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 09:04:27 PM

I ordered from bitcoincommodoties and my order arrived within a week (international order).  I will deal with them again.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:09:47 PM

I've read something about possibly buying gold with Bitcoins, is this true?

Has anyone else done this & is it getting common?  What exchanges offer this kind of service?

Any more info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

I ordered a 1/10th oz Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin from Coinabul, September 14th and it still isn't here yet. What's worse is I e-mailed Jon yesterday about it and have heard nothing back. I'm assuming the 'fake gold tungsten' ordeal has set them back in getting products to their customers, but benefit of the doubt only lasts so long.

If I were in your shoes, I'd still have no problem giving Coinabul the benefit of the doubt.

I've placed 5 or 6 orders with them.  All have arrived.  The longest shipment took a shade over a month.  In the last month Coinabul had some problems with their shipping computers if I'm not mistaken.  I'd bet money you get your coin.
Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 08:33:00 AM

Not looking good.  I have now been ignored for 3 days.  My original enquiry told me my order was in process and to check on the site, despite there being nothing there.  I have emailed numerous times and have been ignored each time.  It looks as though Ive been ripped off.

I should have know better as the site has a mix of stuff and doesnt really look like a pro gold selling site.  Oh well, you live and learn.  If anything turns up I will report back and apologise for not being patient!

What did you order from them?

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 08:34:37 AM

I personally believe they just keep the BTC, because they are anon and can't be refunded.
I would really like to switch to real hard investments, but it's not easy to get money from BTC here in Germany...

Alternatives, please?

We're a legally registered company. I attend every Bitcoin meetup I can. I've met Tony, Charlie, Roger - We. Are. Not. Anonymous.

Please send me a PM with what info you require and I'll respond.

We have had hundreds of customers. Everyone has received their products. We've had several orders from Germany as well.

glenn

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:43:58 AM

anybody bought the 20gram or 1oz bar from coinabul ? im interested to buy it. i need some reviews about the quality of this, is this legit? it says orders above 1000usd are shipped 2 days express, is this true as well. if it is, im buying.

tnx
amigaman

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 09:03:31 AM

Alternatives, please?

We're a legally registered company. I attend every Bitcoin meetup I can. I've met Tony, Charlie, Roger - We. Are. Not. Anonymous.

We have had hundreds of customers. Everyone has received their products. We've had several orders from Germany as well.
I did not mean to offend you, and also i did not mean "you" are anon, please accept my apologies.
BTC itself is anon and can not be tracked to any individual.
Also, you are the first to respond.
Did you have problems on the website lately?
BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 09:33:58 AM

Small Gold Bar! (only 1g top prove transaction)  I am looking to do more business in the future but this is putting me off!

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 09:37:26 AM

anybody bought the 20gram or 1oz bar from coinabul ? im interested to buy it. i need some reviews about the quality of this, is this legit? it says orders above 1000usd are shipped 2 days express, is this true as well. if it is, im buying.

tnx
Check my post on the other thread. Also, try our facebook page, I half recall someone showing off some pictures of 20gram bars.

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 09:39:00 AM

Alternatives, please?

I did not mean to offend you, and also i did not mean "you" are anon, please accept my apologies.
BTC itself is anon and can not be tracked to any individual.
Also, you are the first to respond.
Did you have problems on the website lately?
Oh, I'm not offended, I just *have* to make it clear when it comes up that we're a legally recognized company. It's one of those things about doing business with Bitcoin Smiley

Bitcoin was never designed to be anonymous. The anonymity that Bitcoin possesses is merely a side effect required for the system to work.

Problems on the site? How so?

Cheers,
-Jon

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 09:40:15 AM

Small Gold Bar! (only 1g top prove transaction)  I am looking to do more business in the future but this is putting me off!

I don't know if you've ordered with us yet, but if you do choose to try us out, send me a PM before-hand and I'll give you a coupon for what that other site is putting you through! I do hope it works out though. We've had enough scams in Bitcoin.

BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 09:50:52 AM

Thats very kind.  Thank you.  Ill see how things pan out over the next week or so, then cut my losses.  I will definately take a look at your site.  Thanks.

BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

Posting to say that I have now received my item- along with a nice free gift for the delay.

Thanks for resolving the issue.  I will use you again in future, but response to e-mails would have prevented the situation.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: