Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying gold with Bitcoins?  (Read 4747 times)
Shrugged

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 06:30:48 AM

I can vouch that Coinabul is a legit service. It took over a month for my order to arrive, and that is my only complaint. I would use their service again.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 06:47:23 AM

I can vouch that Coinabul is a legit service. It took over a month for my order to arrive, and that is my only complaint. I would use their service again.

We're fixing all the issues causing delays. Which means we're steadily getting faster. A couple months from now the processing times will be very small!

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
ilikecake

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:54:26 PM

If people are local to chicagoland I would be willing to trade scrap gold chains and rings for bitcoins. I came here to research bitcoins as store customers have been asking about purchasing them from us. I have been around some online markets that use to take liberty reserve,pecunix,paypal,cashinthemail and trades just not the bitcoins yet. We acid test and electronically test all our gold but also have swiss PAMP bars. we do not sell any gold rounds yet as they are being held for now.

I hope this is not considered spam here.
prezbo

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:27:42 AM

What's the best way to buy gold with btc in europe? Does anyone have any experience with this?
itai3856

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:29:06 AM

you can exchange it for anything like you change usd
prezbo

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:33:51 AM

you can exchange it for anything like you change usd
I know, but has anyone in europe actually bought gold with bitcoins? If so, from where?
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 09:35:25 AM

What's the best way to buy gold with btc in europe? Does anyone have any experience with this?

If I could kindly direct your attention to my site bitcoincommodities ?

We are close to releasing the "pubic beta" of our completely revamped store system, but the "old" system is still good.
we ship via FedEx to all of Europe.

If you have any questions, PM me.
Got BTC

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 10:30:42 AM

Bitcoins are rising faster than Gold, I wouldn't recommend it.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:55:22 AM

I know, but has anyone in europe actually bought gold with bitcoins? If so, from where?
I've bought from http://bitcoincommodities.com/ in the past and I was happy with their service (you can search the forum for the posts I've done about them in the past)
They are based in Berlin and ship insured with Fed Ex
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:22:21 PM

I've read something about possibly buying gold with Bitcoins, is this true?

Has anyone else done this & is it getting common?  What exchanges offer this kind of service?

Any more info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a review of four gold and silver funds available on three popular exchanges.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137459.msg1484557#msg1484557

There are also a variety of online coin shops. I hear coinabul.com is very good. You can also check the goods forum here and the auction forum, people are always selling gold and silver here.

Good luck!
prezbo

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:03:31 PM

If I could kindly direct your attention to my site bitcoincommodities ?

We are close to releasing the "pubic beta" of our completely revamped store system, but the "old" system is still good.
we ship via FedEx to all of Europe.

If you have any questions, PM me.
excellent, this is exactly what I was looking for. Will probably send you a few questions later today.

I've bought from http://bitcoincommodities.com/ in the past and I was happy with their service (you can search the forum for the posts I've done about them in the past)
Excellent, thanks.

Bitcoins are rising faster than Gold, I wouldn't recommend it.
I was always taught diversifying is a good practice. When bitcoins appreciate so much that they consist of a major share in your portfolio, it's time to sell some. Since I don't have ANY gold so far, this looks like a good chance to get some AND contribute to the bitcoin economy.
Got BTC

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 08:03:02 AM

Well there's a difference if you want to help out the community, or you're just out to make money. If you must, I'd buy gold VIA LR, you can actually store grams of gold on your account, at least I think.
prezbo

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:38:35 AM

Well there's a difference if you want to help out the community, or you're just out to make money. If you must, I'd buy gold VIA LR, you can actually store grams of gold on your account, at least I think.
Spending bitcoins is what helps the community, trading it for usd, not so much. I'm not in this to make money, but having so much invested into bitcoin at this stage would be pretty stupid. I might as well buy those bitcoins back if/when the situation is appropriate.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 01:14:54 PM

Spending bitcoins is what helps the community, trading it for usd, not so much.
What's the difference? How is buying and selling dollars fundamentally different from buying and selling anything else? Moreover, if nobody traded bitcoins for dollars, where would new users (which is what the community really needs) obtain them in the first place?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
shiftybugger

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:19:09 AM

Any idea if they ship outside of Europe?
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 10:12:49 AM

Any idea if they ship outside of Europe?

we basically ship to just about anywhere fedex will go.
pm me if you have any more questions.
tobandan

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 04:46:25 PM

I'm new to all this precious metal thing, but do they have the same momentum as Bitcoins have? Are the precious metals not starting to become old fashioned?
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 05:26:51 PM

I'm new to all this precious metal thing, but do they have the same momentum as Bitcoins have? Are the precious metals not starting to become old fashioned?
Bitcoin is high risk, high volatility.

Precious metals move slower. Bitcoin and PM are both good hedges against inflation.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:30:18 PM

Precious metals move slower. Bitcoin and PM are both good hedges against inflation.

And there's new forms of bullion available now, which helps make it more attractive and useful. It is good to diversify.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:47:36 PM

And there's new forms of bullion available now, which helps make it more attractive and useful. It is good to diversify.

I agree, I totally love the shire silver cards (although they're totally useless over here) :-D
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: