Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: Donald Trump 'Selling Fear and Prejudice'  (Read 1508 times)
Loqkani07

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:46:23 PM

Right now Trump is more appealing to me than Walker or Paul....
godlyitems

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:49:39 PM

The Free can come & go as they please. It's the Illegals who won't. Do you have a problem with adherence to Federal law?

Not with adherence to the law, but I do have a problem with a policy that makes America look mean-spirited, selfish, short-sighted, and rather vicious. At the very least, cracking down on those who illegally employ the illegal immigrants would accomplish the same purpose without the Auschwitz overtones.
peterson33

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:52:47 PM

And in fact, SOME of us are aware that Trump has filed for bankruptcy FOUR TIMES. Brilliant businessman that he is, which he must be, he keeps telling us so many times.

In spite of his setbacks, he continues to surge ahead and is in good financial shape today. What do Lincoln Chafee. Hillary Clinton. Martin O'Malley. Bernie Sanders and Jim Webb have to compare?
peterson33

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:54:06 PM

Not with adherence to the law, but I do have a problem with a policy that makes America look mean-spirited, selfish, short-sighted, and rather vicious. At the very least, cracking down on those who illegally employ the illegal immigrants would accomplish the same purpose without the Auschwitz overtones.

We have a system in place with a path to citizenship. Rewarding criminal activity (illegal immigration) with citizenship is a slap in the face to every immigrant who came here legally and earned their citizenship according to our laws (all four of my grandparents earned their citizenship). The only people who feel we are mean spirited, selfish, short-sighted or rather vicious, are those who want something for nothing...aka the takers. Unless you come from native American lineage, this is a slap in the face of your ancestors as well..provided they became citizens.
godlyitems

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:55:26 PM

We have a system in place with a path to citizenship. Rewarding criminal activity (illegal immigration) with citizenship is a slap in the face to every immigrant who came here legally and earned their citizenship according to our laws (all four of my grandparents earned their citizenship). The only people who feel we are mean spirited, selfish, short-sighted or rather vicious, are those who want something for nothing...aka the takers. Unless you come from native American lineage, this is a slap in the face of your ancestors as well..provided they became citizens.

I suggested a different approach to the problem, but you didn't seem to notice it. What, exactly, do you find wrong with cracking down on those who hire illegals?
peterson33

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:56:58 PM

I suggested a different approach to the problem, but you didn't seem to notice it. What, exactly, do you find wrong with cracking down on those who hire illegals?

I noticed, but chose to elaborate on existing law. As for cracking down on hiring illegals, there are laws already in place to deal with this issue. They just need to be applied. We have adequate federal enforcement, but there seems to be no will to seek out the offenders, and even less will to prosecute the offenders and deport the illegals. Instead, Obama prefers to release illegal criminals back into mainstream America to ply their trade.
tigervod

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:58:21 PM

The economic destruction, property devaluing, educational decline, drugs, disease, rape, child molesting, and death that illegal invaders bring to America is a well documented fact with decades of evidence.

Please feel free to provide a link to some of that evidence.
I've seen significant evidence that illegal immigration has skyrocketed in California in the last 20 years, and the rates of crimes you're talking about hasn't skyrocketed...
godlyitems

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:00:38 PM

I noticed, but chose to elaborate on existing law. As for cracking down on hiring illegals, there are laws already in place to deal with this issue. They just need to be applied. We have adequate federal enforcement, but there seems to be no will to seek out the offenders, and even less will to prosecute the offenders and deport the illegals. Instead, Obama prefers to release illegal criminals back into mainstream America to ply their trade.

Obama has deported more illegals than any other President. By far. So the question is, why is there no will to prosecute those who hire illegals? If instead of hiring illegals, they joined in the identification effort, the whole deportation task would be several times easier. Everyone knows this. But everyone also knows that hiring illegals is very profitable. Money talks. You're willing to get rid of them (which is damn near impossible) but you just shrug your shoulders at the ever-present motivation they have for coming here -- people PAY them to come here!

Perhaps rather than deporting the same people over and over and over, there could be a path to citizenship through employment.

Please feel free to provide a link to some of that evidence.
I've seen significant evidence that illegal immigration has skyrocketed in California in the last 20 years, and the rates of crimes you're talking about hasn't skyrocketed...

In fact, statistics tell us that those cities with the highest percentage of illegal immigrants are among the safest cities in the US. I've posted multiple studies showing things like this, but when facts battle memes, facts lose. Badly.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:29:24 PM

trump says stuff he really believes unlike the others who rely on polling and focus groups, with the others you will get more of the same

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Obama has deported more illegals than any other President. By far. So the question is, why is there no will to prosecute those who hire illegals?......

So why would you propose more of what you yourself says there is no will to enforce?  More of the problem, so to speak.

I know many, many people who hire illegals and I know many illegals.  I don't know anyone who has a problem with deporting violent felons who are illegals.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: