Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy having issues  (Read 662 times)
db74 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:14:29 PM

Hi folks,

Today i tried to deposit money into barclays uk and i got told that mt gox account was gone?

Whats going on??

Ta

db
db74 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:16:54 PM

Just found this on mt gox

Temporary suspension of all GBP Deposits via Barclays

TOKYO - JAPAN - September 25, 2012   It is with regret that we have to inform our British users that you will no longer be able to deposit British Pounds (GBP) to our Barclays bank account from now on.  While we have not yet been formerly contacted by Barclays or any of its representatives, we are as for today, unable to accept any GBP deposits into our Barclays account. Rest assure that we are doing our best to get to the bottom of this situation as well as being able to resolve this matter one way or another with Barclays or via other British and/ or European Banks.  Meanwhile, please note that you can still use our Polish EUR Bank account for both Deposits and Withdrawals as well as our Japanese GBP account for deposits and withdrawals (additional fees may apply).  On Behalf of the entire Mt.Gox team, please accept our apologizes for any inconvenience this temporary suspension of GBP deposits may have caused. 
Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.
WynX

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 12:37:29 PM

Few days earlier they posted about some problems with the transfer quantities;

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/22036383-update-on-barclays-gbp-deposits

Maybe related to this? Barclays got fed up with the account...broken their TOS?
db74 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:04:21 PM

i've got a feeling this has happened from way above barclays, i bet those who don't like the bitcoin revolution have closed it down ie police, government ,feds who knows
WynX

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:07:21 PM

i've got a feeling this has happened from way above barclays, i bet those who don't like the bitcoin revolution have closed it down ie police, government ,feds who knows

That would mean that established banks are starting to see bitcoin as a serious threat to their business... I'm not sure if the current trade volumes support this (?).
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:48:47 PM

Then they must have missed the memo about bitcoins being purchased through Barclay's Pingit, a service from Blockchain.info/wallet.

- https://blockchain.info/wallet/deposit-pingit

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █