Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only $360mio of inflow needed to keep current price and reach next halving!  (Read 1999 times)
bitpump (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:30:16 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 10:39:34 AM by bitpump

Only $360mio of inflow needed to keep current price and reach next halving!

Next Bitcoin halving around July 1, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3eu30l/bitcoin_clock_estimates_theres_now_less_than_a/ctigd6x

Untill July 1, 2016:  3600 BTC per day * 297 USD * 339 days = 362,458,800  USD

Per day:  3600 BTC * 297 USD =  1,069,200  USD

After halving, Per day: only 534,600 USD ( 1800 BTC * 297 USD) is needed to keep current price.

However, if inflow will still be $1mio, prices are expected to rise significantly
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:50:07 AM

if the day trading activity and the buy/sell from big merchants or every small merchants is at sum zero or sligtly in favor of buyers(because apparently there are more holders), then the reduction of 500k should double the price in theory

i mean the current coins in circulation does not matter much , the new produced coins from miners each day are what impacts the price the most
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:16:25 AM

With over $700 million in VC funds so far this year, there is likely an expected return of at least that much money in return via the Bitcoin businesses they invested in. So $360 million is certainly quite feasible.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6150

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:24:42 AM

For some reasons I start to think that miners would give up on mining after Mining block reward , I mean they was earning 25 BTC and they would be earning 12.5 will they still making profit with all electricity they are eating ? If not is it a possible theory that they will stop mining and Bitcoin will eventually die ?  Undecided

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 09:40:58 AM

For some reasons I start to think that miners would give up on mining after Mining block reward , I mean they was earning 25 BTC and they would be earning 12.5 will they still making profit with all electricity they are eating ? If not is it a possible theory that they will stop mining and Bitcoin will eventually die ?  Undecided

Same arguments happened in 2012 before the first halving.

Unfortunately it was true. All miners stopped mining and Bitcoin ceased to be.

RIP

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:46:18 AM

That is unlikely to happen because in theory, as the supply diminishes, the value rises. Same with bitcoin, if the price rise by some % in the next halving, chances are miners would still continue on mining with their machines. If the negative happens, some miners who cannot gain profit on mining will simply turn off their miners so as to prevent losses.

bitpump (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:41:15 AM

Since miners will only receive half of the reward, they will ask higher price for the mined bitcoins? This will drive up price?
minernoob1

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:00:52 AM

Start making a bigger pile of BTC now. You will be regretful of this if you do not.
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:29:28 AM

Bitcoin is the largest super computer in the entire world.... x500-2000!

I think we would be just fine if there was 100 times less mining.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:35:54 AM

Bitcoin needs 1mil of new users... That's all  Wink
bitpump (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:33:26 AM

A lot of people don't realize that for the price of bitcoin to hold steady right now, people have to buy $1M worth (or 3,600 BTC) per day
https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/629078912908132353

Block rewards are expected to halve some time around July 2016 (and continue halving after that). Even if buying holds steady, price climbs
https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/629079656952561664
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:22:08 AM

if the day trading activity and the buy/sell from big merchants or every small merchants is at sum zero or sligtly in favor of buyers(because apparently there are more holders), then the reduction of 500k should double the price in theory.
It's a known future event, so it should already be priced into the current price.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:51:52 AM

So why nothing happens? Don't we have this much by now?
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:53:10 AM

RIP
Omg!  The humanity!
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:09:56 AM

RIP
Omg!  The humanity!

Just throw the argument of excessive energy usage and terrorist funding into the pot,lol.

Oh, and think about the children! Roll Eyes
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:03:33 PM

Bitcoin needs 1mil of new users... That's all  Wink

that would be nice but it really depends on the type of new users. if they all are broke and constantly farming faucets for lame rewards then it won't do much.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:04:36 PM

It's a known future event, so it should already be priced into the current price.

Is the final fraction of a coin arriving in 2140 priced in too? If that's the case then we should all go home.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:09:02 PM

This is part of the reason why I think the price is being held down right now, and we are in for another large run up.

24h volume is $28mil, and we have been sideways. I know a lot of that is noise, but if it's required that $28 million dollars is needed in volume a day is keeping the price where it is, and only $1million of that is needed for daily new coins, wouldn't you think someone(s) is trying to match the buying volume daily to accumulate slowly, until bitcoin volume gets large enough that you can't sell enough to get the price down? The volume is so small now that anyone with a large position in btc or usd can keep the market where they want and gain on it.

Imagine if the daily buy volume was just $1-2 million more than the sell side daily, and then combined with HALF of the daily need from mining.
Imagine if the daily volume went up to $50-100+ million a day because of Gemini and the ETF. If you don't think people are waiting on the sidelines for that to come around, then you are blind. The approval of those will ease the comfort of buying, and many many more people will buy a few bitcoin "just incase" just incase their crazy neighbor/uncle/coworker was right about bitcoin being revolutionary.
Yes altcoins can overcome bitcoin, but bitcoin really is the only one going mainstream right now and getting this much VC funding, so that won't happen within the near future.
Imagine the volume if this takes up 5% of the worlds transactions.
I'm not going to name any possible prices of what all of this snowballed together could value to, because I don't know, but I know it means a higher value than what it is now, and probably by at least double Wink
2016 is going to be wild.

This is, gentlemen.
Prepare you agnus

For the halving.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:57:25 PM

If the majority of bitcoin-exchange market supply is coming from mining, which currently seems to be the case, and that supply halves, that's a supply shock. If demand remains the same, the price must roughly double.
xeretix

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:28:10 PM

If the majority of bitcoin-exchange market supply is coming from mining, which currently seems to be the case,

Not at all.  Not even if we assume miners selling every coin they mine.
Source: blockchain.info

and that supply halves, that's a supply shock. If demand remains the same, the price must roughly double.

A fundamental misunderstanding of how the market works.
If that was really the case, GM could simply cut the number of cars manufactured in half, and double the price. Profit!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: