Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:54:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iranian: 'Our money is becoming more and more worthless every day'  (Read 973 times)
HDSolar (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 02:56:44 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2012, 12:48:55 AM by hazek

Somewhere on here someone posted seeing a popup of a bitcoin node in Iran.  Might want to keep a watch on that node.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/28/14137979-iranian-our-money-is-becoming-more-and-more-worthless-every-day?lite&ocid=msnhp

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Audriux9

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 11:30:01 PM

Somewhere on here someone posted seeing a popup of a bitcoin node in Iran.  Might want to keep a watch on that node.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/28/14137979-iranian-our-money-is-becoming-more-and-more-worthless-every-day?lite&ocid=msnhp

I think the article is a bit misleading. Quoted exchange rate in the article was traded in unofficial markets. I've just checked exchange rate for official rate of USD/IRR on several websites (www.forexticket.co.uk, www.oanda.com). All of them show the same current exchange rate around 12,28 Iranian Rial per USD Dollar and this exchange rate is pretty stable since February 2012.

Of course unofficial markets are reflecting the results of the current sanctions and economic sabotage by US. Still, Central Bank of Iran is preserving stable exchange rate to control economic situation, and not to give up for US pressure.

We cannot solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
HDSolar (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 11:35:45 PM

I think the article is a bit misleading. Quoted exchange rate in the article was traded in unofficial markets. I've just checked exchange rate for official rate of USD/IRR on several websites (www.forexticket.co.uk, www.oanda.com). All of them show the same current exchange rate around 12,28 Iranian Rial per USD Dollar and this exchange rate is pretty stable since February 2012.

Of course unofficial markets are reflecting the results of the current sanctions and economic sabotage by US. Still, Central Bank of Iran is preserving stable exchange rate to control economic situation, and not to give up for US pressure.
Ya I am not a big fan of the majority of news outlets but I posted this because someone else noted Iran popping with bitcoin activity.  It will be interesting to see if this keeps up and if bitcoin becomes more of an option versus people hording other currencies and or running the boarder to trade goods. 

Not sure what is going to happen but the more news about Iran the more something is going on.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 11:03:40 AM

Time to start investing in Zimbabwean currency then.
fivemileshigh

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:08:33 AM

[

Try actually buying 1US$ for 12.28 rials, you might be in for a surprise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: