Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:58:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: spondoolies mining device (SP35 YUKON), is it really profitable project ?  (Read 3038 times)
bravemind78 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:42:30 AM

hello guys ,........

i'm going to setup my project  Grin ,and i thought to buy spondoolies mining device (SP35 YUKON)

i wanaa to ask is it really profitable project ?

and what is the advantages and the disadvantages for this device ?

and what is the requirement for this project ? 

waiting for your experience , thank you so much for your cooperation  Smiley

http://im43.gulfup.com/XbsIsp.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:03:29 PM

Hello, what do you mean by "project"? Buying a single one? What is your electricity cost?

Technicalities aside, it is not a hugely efficient miner, specs note 0.66w/gh. So if you're somehow about to get the unit at a good $/gh, then maybe it would be profitable, assuming you have cheap enough electricity.

You would need 240v and power cables(i believe).

Official video guide; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6bmm3OerI

I do not think its a viable unit for house mining, seem more like a unit for large deployments.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:21:30 PM

Well, you're certainly not going to get any SP35 (or any other SP-Tech product) new, since they've stopped the manufacture sale of them to consumers.

These units are nice for datacenter applications, but not for home usage.  As for profit, that all depends on how much your power costs you, how much you pay for the hardware, network difficulty, where you mine and the exchange rate of BTC into whatever your local currency is.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
bravemind78 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:25:37 PM

Hello, what do you mean by "project"? Buying a single one? What is your electricity cost?

Technicalities aside, it is not a hugely efficient miner, specs note 0.66w/gh. So if you're somehow about to get the unit at a good $/gh, then maybe it would be profitable, assuming you have cheap enough electricity.

You would need 240v and power cables(i believe).

Official video guide; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6bmm3OerI

I do not think its a viable unit for house mining, seem more like a unit for large deployments.

thank you so much for your reply Smiley    , i'd like to buy four devices and anyway if we neglected the electricity cost i will resume it later  Grin

can i get profit 20% share capital monthly ? 

and as you said "it is not a hugely efficient miner" that is mean the life time  short for this device? or you mean the mining efficiency low?

thank you for cooperation  Smiley
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:33:45 PM

Neglect electricity cost?  You realize that 4 of these units burn 14.6kWh?  At $0.10 cost, that's $35.04 a day, or $1065.80 a month.  Somebody's going to notice Smiley.  Let's say that each unit gets the advertised 5.5TH/s.  That's 22TH/s total.  At current exchange rates and difficulty, you're looking at expectations of about $59.50 a day.  Subtract out any power costs and that's your net daily profit.  Using my example, that's $24.46 a day.  You need to realize that as the network difficulty adjusts, and the exchange rate moves up and down, your profit will adjust accordingly.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
bravemind78 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:51:47 PM

Neglect electricity cost?  You realize that 4 of these units burn 14.6kWh?  At $0.10 cost, that's $35.04 a day, or $1065.80 a month.  Somebody's going to notice Smiley.  Let's say that each unit gets the advertised 5.5TH/s.  That's 22TH/s total.  At current exchange rates and difficulty, you're looking at expectations of about $59.50 a day.  Subtract out any power costs and that's your net daily profit.  Using my example, that's $24.46 a day.  You need to realize that as the network difficulty adjusts, and the exchange rate moves up and down, your profit will adjust accordingly.

jonnybravo0311, thank you so much for your great reply  Smiley

using your example  i found the profit didn't exceed 8% monthly. and for the devices cost will back in 12 months

finally i want your opinion for  SP20 device , it is available or not ? 

thank you so much 
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:41:02 PM

using your example  i found the profit didn't exceed 8% monthly. and for the devices cost will back in 12 months

thank you so much 

Yes that reply properly answer the question you directed to me. However i am not sure what you are basing your numbers on. You can't base your math on the out of stock old retail price. You'd need to obtain them from resellers or get used hardware. The profit could be more or less.

The SP20/SP20e is perhaps more available to you than the SP35. For starter it is a slightly better choice for home usage. It is a bit less noisy and fit more easily on a home powergrid. However as with, i believe, everything from SP, they are out of stock and it all depend on your acquisition price from reseller, mostly likely used hardware.

I recommend you at least run "your math" on this hardware for actual current values;
https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150725135246063Xsvs9J9J06AE

And then maybe we can discuss this further.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:49:06 PM

When I did some calculations for my electricity costs, the bitmain s5 was the most efficient miner I could find.  Last I saw in their store, they are only selling these used.  I get the impression that the s7 will come out really soon.  You might want to wait for that.  The general consensus seems to be that it will not be a disruptive device but only incrementally better than the s5.  But when it comes out you might be able to get s5's for cheaper, or the numbers might make sense to get the s7, or s3's might be priced good, etc.
bravemind78 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:14:07 PM

guys .........

thank you so much , VirosaGITS , jonnybravo0311, jeannemadrigal2  for your support and for this great discussion Smiley 
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 08:43:53 PM

thank you so much 
Like the SP35, the SP20 are only available used from people willing to sell them to you.  SP-Tech is no longer producing miners for us to buy.  Unlike the SP35, you will need to supply your own PSU for the SP20.  I recommend at least a 1300W PSU (the EVGA 1300 G2 is a great one).  They are not nearly as datacenter friendly, given their abnormal form factor and external PSU requirements.  However, they're great for home usage - albeit a little loud (think of somebody blowdrying their hair).

guys .........

thank you so much , VirosaGITS , jonnybravo0311, jeannemadrigal2  for your support and for this great discussion Smiley 
Glad to help.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:08:32 PM

When I did some calculations for my electricity costs, the bitmain s5 was the most efficient miner I could find.  Last I saw in their store, they are only selling these used.  I get the impression that the s7 will come out really soon.  You might want to wait for that.  The general consensus seems to be that it will not be a disruptive device but only incrementally better than the s5.  But when it comes out you might be able to get s5's for cheaper, or the numbers might make sense to get the s7, or s3's might be priced good, etc.

I've seen multiple reports of Bitmain replying to user when they ask "when will be the next generation released". The current target seem to be that Bitmain will make an announcement at some point in late September.
So personally i am buying at the moment since i figured i have at least 1.5-2 months of stability for getting a return on my purchase. With the return i can make in 2 months, the units are almost half repaid and at this point i am not worried about the miners devaluating that much.

guys .........

You're welcome, feel fee to continue posting about your mining adventure here, i will be glad to be of further assistance!

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:20:01 PM

Spondoolies miners' OPEX cost is low CAPEX is high when you compare them to Bitmain.

The selection is due to the place you are going to mine and your capital.

Why do not you buy a Bitmain and a Spondoolies miner and compare them yourself?

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: