Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:31:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation AMA at Reddit starting in 50 minutes  (Read 1749 times)
vess (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 04:37:52 PM

Hi all, I'll be answering questions on Reddit at 10:30 am pacific time here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/10mezg/iam_peter_vessenes_executive_director_of_the/

I'm looking forward to it!

I'm the CEO of CoinLab (www.coinlab.com) and the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, I will identify if I'm speaking for myself or one of the organizations when I post from this account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:53:14 PM

Is there a reason you're answering questions there are opposed to here?
Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 05:56:02 PM

More exposure and attention for Bitcoin, if the AMA becomes popular enough. Smiley

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:57:09 PM

Because part of the job of the bitcoin foundation is to correct misconception in the mainstream?

acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:59:51 PM

Because part of the job of the bitcoin foundation is to correct misconception in the mainstream?

Or is that part of the job of the bitcoin foudation is to seek to represent Bitcoin in the mainstream?

Which place likely has more people devoted to the Bitcoin community and knowledgeable about Bitcoin? This forum or Reddit?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:11:50 PM

Which place likely has more people devoted to the Bitcoin community and knowledgeable about Bitcoin? This forum or Reddit?

What about it? The people here is an echo chamber of bitcoin lovers.

The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:13:40 PM

Hi all, I'll be answering questions on Reddit at 10:30 am pacific time here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/10mezg/iam_peter_vessenes_executive_director_of_the/

I'm looking forward to it!

What happens if people there ask the same questions as they do here? Will they go on the ignore list too?

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
vess (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 08:03:30 PM

I liked the AMA format. Accounts are even easier to get at reddit than here; overall, I appreciated the questions and discourse. So, I would call it a success.

I'm the CEO of CoinLab (www.coinlab.com) and the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, I will identify if I'm speaking for myself or one of the organizations when I post from this account.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:10:34 PM

Nice job. You represented well. Gracias for the effort.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 08:37:34 PM

My questions weren't answered, weird:

How are you going to eliminate the conflict of interest Gavin as the lead Bitcoin developer and as a member of the board at the same time will have?

Would you agree a more transparent, less corruptible and more honest approach would have been to merely contract with Gavin and his team and not add him to your leadership?

How do you defend asserting your own person and the rest of the board as the face of Bitcoin? How can we expect good intentions from this organization with such a start?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 09:48:26 PM

Uhh, have a look at the announcement thread. Yeah. There's a reason.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 09:48:44 PM

Im happy, most of my questions (also the controversial ones) were answered. Thank you and good luck!
Polvos

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:23:52 PM

That's another problem of the centralized face all of you are backing: The speaker has no clue of the subject he's talking about.

Look his answer about the false bitcoin deflation problem:

"So, this is the Paul Krugman complaint -- a deflationary currency does not encourage velocity.
That seems like a fair complaint to me, in general. In practice, and as opposed to Krugman's thoughts on the matter, we have many thousands of happy Bitcoin transactors, I think people like to spend their bitcoins with others, give them away, and use them for things.

So, practically, there are other psychological factors at work than just your concerns.

I do know some Bitcoin businesses that try never to spend their coins. That said, we have had some periods like last year where EVERYBODY wished they'd spent their coins..

To my mind volatility is a worse 'evil' than being deflationary. As I said above, I think most government economists wish an inflationary currency (and many bitcoiners hate this, and talk a lot about how much they hate it), but I think there's definitely a place in the world for a deflationary value system.

An interesting thought experiment for you -- if you forked the Bitcoin blockchain and changed issuance so that it tracked say, USD or USD/EUR inflation rates for issuance, would it have the same uptake or not?"

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now all the newcomers are going to find this kind of answers in your foundation-honeypot instead of someone really formed and pedagogical like, for example, Death and Taxes here.

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 02:58:50 AM

That's another problem of the centralized face all of you are backing: The speaker has no clue of the subject he's talking about.

Look his answer about the false bitcoin deflation problem:

"So, this is the Paul Krugman complaint -- a deflationary currency does not encourage velocity.
That seems like a fair complaint to me, in general. In practice, and as opposed to Krugman's thoughts on the matter, we have many thousands of happy Bitcoin transactors, I think people like to spend their bitcoins with others, give them away, and use them for things.

So, practically, there are other psychological factors at work than just your concerns.

I do know some Bitcoin businesses that try never to spend their coins. That said, we have had some periods like last year where EVERYBODY wished they'd spent their coins..

To my mind volatility is a worse 'evil' than being deflationary. As I said above, I think most government economists wish an inflationary currency (and many bitcoiners hate this, and talk a lot about how much they hate it), but I think there's definitely a place in the world for a deflationary value system.

An interesting thought experiment for you -- if you forked the Bitcoin blockchain and changed issuance so that it tracked say, USD or USD/EUR inflation rates for issuance, would it have the same uptake or not?"

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now all the newcomers are going to find this kind of answers in your foundation-honeypot instead of someone really formed and pedagogical like, for example, Death and Taxes here.

What part are you critizising?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: