Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:34:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to buy BTC, paying TOP dollars via Paypal  (Read 3675 times)
BTCBuyer (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 05:12:29 PM

Hi folks, I know I'm new here, this is in no way shape or form any scam. I just learned about Bitcoins, I like the whole concept of a decentralized currency and I believe in it.

I am not versed with Mtgox, or Liberty Reserve, What I do have is paypal, and I would like to buy some bitcoin from folks who would like to sell. I am not looking for a lot, Maybe 1 or 2 Coins per transaction at most, I work at a small cafe and this is what ever left over, as a savings.

Please feel free to msg me. Or email me.

I would pay 1 dollar over the current MTgox price via paypal for your help.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCBuyer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 05:38:48 PM

Also, Another note, You must be a reputable seller here on the forum. I would be willing to send you the funds first. As with any paypal transaction, I will not mention anything about BTC in the transfering of the funds for both our protection. I read that was a bad idea here on the forum. Anyhow, I am waiting for takers. Thanks Smiley
Ian Maxwell

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 06:00:06 PM

I suggest you sign up with BitcoinMarket. The prices for BTC against PPUSD are by definition as competitive as you'll find.

Ian Maxwell
PGP key | WoT rating
BTCBuyer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 06:34:08 PM

I suggest you sign up with BitcoinMarket. The prices for BTC against PPUSD are by definition as competitive as you'll find.

Ahh, thanks for showing me that. I wasn't aware the prices were so competitive.

In that case I will pay .50 cents extra per BTC over the current Bitcoin Market Price, for people who want to do this. I will send the funds first, as well. We can try a 1 coin transaction first, so I can build up some reptuation here. Thanks guys.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 06:50:40 PM

In that case I will pay .50 cents extra per BTC over the current Bitcoin Market Price, for people who want to do this. I will send the funds first, as well. We can try a 1 coin transaction first, so I can build up some reptuation here. Thanks guys.
PM sent.

By the way, get the process for using Dwolla started NOW (assuming you are in the US?). That way, you don't have to pay such a premium in the future.

BTCBuyer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 06:55:04 PM

PM sent.

By the way, get the process for using Dwolla started NOW (assuming you are in the US?). That way, you don't have to pay such a premium in the future.

Thanks, if you use the gift option you only pay 1% through paypal.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 07:06:17 PM

PM sent.

Transaction completed successfully. Nice doing business with you!

BTCBuyer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 07:09:52 PM

PM sent.

Transaction completed successfully. Nice doing business with you!

Thank you so much Maged. People Maged is awesome and everything went by FAST, and happened within seconds. Thank you again!
Reron

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 02:38:06 AM

Not sure if it's just me or anything but I sent him BTC to sell @ MtGox rate and after I sent him the coin he hasn't responded to any of my PMs. Just a warning to other sellers.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 04:01:14 AM

Not sure if it's just me or anything but I sent him BTC to sell @ MtGox rate and after I sent him the coin he hasn't responded to any of my PMs. Just a warning to other sellers.
Who, BTCBuyer? Could you give me more details? I'll look into it.

Reron

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 04:55:57 AM

yes I sent btcbuyer 1 btc. Ill add the address I sent to in a bit
BTCBuyer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 05:09:09 AM

Hi Sorry about that Reron, I was out all day. I just got home to check the forum. I will send you the money via paypal tomorrow morning. It's about Midnight here.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 05:15:45 AM

Hi Sorry about that Reron, I was out all day. I just got home to check the forum. I will send you the money via paypal tomorrow morning. It's about Midnight here.
I can confirm this story. BTCBuyer last logged in at 9:47 AM CDT before now.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 03:19:34 PM

are you still paying 50 cents above market? If so I may want to sell off 2.
Reron

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 04:24:34 PM

Alright I'll wait, hopefully I get it soon Smiley
KedP

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 05:07:49 PM

people selling BTC through paypal need to be aware that it's really easy to chargeback paypal transactions

loads of people have been scammed by paypal buyers, the money goes through, then paypal refunds it and you have no recourse
Reron

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 12:07:03 AM

Been over 12 hours and I'm still expecting my payment
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 05:43:49 PM

@Reron: did you get your payment?