Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin is the new Bitcoin  (Read 2072 times)
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:20:58 AM

Litecoin is useless, only good to trade for BTC, apart from that, fucking useless.

If I could buy gold and silver with it , how can it be useless ?

https://litecoin.com/services#merchants

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:59:28 PM

Price of LTC is being pumped again $5 , But the fact of that  LTC can reach to BTC is very few probably.

Let's just wait on August for the pumping up of LTC.

That´s true, This is very close, As we near the day will be more interesting to watch.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:00:30 PM

Litecoin is reliant on it's big daddy counterpart at the moment. That is why it crashed when bitcoin went into a nosedive. My speculation is that it's days are numbered...

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:18:47 PM

Technicals are somewhat important, but not that important, and likely hardly important at all outside of having a secure network. A recent survey of 1000 people (sorry, no link due to iPhone) found that Bitcoin is generally the most inconvenient form of payment -- even more than checks -- while cash and credit cards were considered most convenient.  The results can generally be considered to extend to all cryptocurrencies.  To be honest, virtually any cryptocurrency can do the job just fine.  What really matters is ease of acquisition (BTC currently wins) and marketing by volume (BTC currently wins). 

Transaction times, wallet features, mining algorithm, etc. are essentially non-factors in determining a coin's success.  DOGE showed us the power of marketing as an influence on usage, but BTC already had a huge head-start in terms of ease of acquisition.  If any coin can outpace BTC in terms of both successful marketing and in terms of ease of rapid distribution, it could overtake BTC.  At the moment, this is unlikely.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:25:56 PM

Such a bullshit title
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:24:19 PM

Litecoin transaction times are pretty fast and there's still much room to grow, very low market cap compared to Bitcoin and active development.
What do you think?

oh u havent even scratched the surface  Grin

but this is a litecoin denialist forum  Shocked
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:56:42 PM

Litecoin transaction times are pretty fast and there's still much room to grow, very low market cap compared to Bitcoin and active development.
What do you think?
Are you talking about transactions speed? There are tons of coin more fast than litecpon.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:18:41 PM

What do you think?

Oh brother ... and how about "feathercoin is the new litecoin"

you guys have an infinite inferiority complex and can only compare urself to bitcoin 'cuz you bring nothing to the table but bitcoins code.

let me break this thing down for you - you got ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY going for you and that's bitcoin whales who need to avoid detection & litecoin is better at this than bitcoin mixers etc.  Ship some btc, get litecoin and move them out.  Wala.

That's it. 
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:22:06 PM

What do you think?

you guys have an infinite inferiority complex and can only compare urself to bitcoin 'cuz you bring nothing to the table but bitcoins code.

let me break this thing down for you - you got ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY going for you and that's bitcoin whales who need to avoid detection & litecoin is better at this than bitcoin mixers etc.  Ship some btc, get litecoin and move them out.  Wala.

That's it. 

Code doesn't matter to the masses, only payment speed matters  Smiley
robinwilliams

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:26:15 PM

What do you think?

That's it. 

Code doesn't matter to the masses, only payment speed matters  Smiley

then dogecoin is gonna kick ur ass
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:32:15 PM

What do you think?

let me break this thing down for you - you got ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY going for you and that's bitcoin whales who need to avoid detection & litecoin is better at this than bitcoin mixers etc.  Ship some btc, get litecoin and move them out.  Wala.

That's it.  

Code doesn't matter to the masses, only payment speed matters  Smiley

then dogecoin is gonna kick ur ass

in real world currency to the mass' tis trust that matters most.

no one, with even half a brain, in the real world tis going to trust an anon creator....full stop end of story....

wait not end of story, tis trustless  Wink  Lips sealed Kiss
robinwilliams

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:34:50 PM

no one, with even half a brain, in the real world tis going to trust an anon creator....full stop end of story....

wait not end of story, tis trustless  Wink  Lips sealed Kiss

oh so lets get this straight.  they will trust charlie who WORKS FOR BITCOIN.

and the college guy who's moving on.

at least bitcoin has developers (what the hell does satoshi have to do with bitcoin anymore?  It's peter todd etc etc).  Ur coin is pretty much developerless after warren leaves which he pretty much has lol
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:58:00 PM

at least bitcoin has developers (what the hell does satoshi have to do with bitcoin anymore?  It's peter todd etc etc).  Ur coin is pretty much developerless after warren leaves which he pretty much has lol

Not sure where you get that A. Warren is the only developer and B. he has stopped development from. Neither are true and I think I would know far better than you.

As for this thread it should just be deleted. Making claims that Litecoin is the new Bitcoin is as ridiculous as the other hundreds of alts that claim the same thing. While Litecoin is liteyears beyond other alts in terms of growth in the ecosystem, its still pretty far behind Bitcoin as well.

Is there a chance? Sure there is always a chance for anything to happen. But until the industry moves away from the speculation phase (and yes, we are still very deep in it, Bitcoin included) nothing serious is going to happen. I will add however it seems that the multiple issues Bitcoin has been having while good for Litecoin in the short term (lots of people getting sick of the drama along with the excruciating confirm times), this is not good for all of us as a whole.

Andrew

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:09:39 PM

Not sure where you get that A. Warren is the only developer and B. he has stopped development from. Neither are true and I think I would know far better than you.

As for this thread it should just be deleted. Making claims that Litecoin is the new Bitcoin is as ridiculous as the other hundreds of alts that claim the same thing. While Litecoin is liteyears beyond other alts in terms of growth in the ecosystem, its still pretty far behind Bitcoin as well.

Is there a chance? Sure there is always a chance for anything to happen. But until the industry moves away from the speculation phase (and yes, we are still very deep in it, Bitcoin included) nothing serious is going to happen. I will add however it seems that the multiple issues Bitcoin has been having while good for Litecoin in the short term (lots of people getting sick of the drama along with the excruciating confirm times), this is not good for all of us as a whole.

Andrew

i see no reason to censor such topics, whether they be baseless trash from either point of view or not, tis a sensible subject.

for my useage and anyone who does similar litecoin is already well ahead of bitcoin., hell i didn't make it up, or wake up wanting to go litecoin, i've been forced to by how useless bitcoin is......lost how anyone who actually uses cryptos could see otherwise.

on the creator thing bitcoin was created by an anon dev, who holds a big stash.....end of story.

but thats all good he deserves his billion dollar cut as he should us a way to avoid those greedy bankers who take those billion dollar cuts...ummm wtf  Huh

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

Litecoin is certainly not the new Bitcoin. Bitcoin is used more by the general public and will always be worth more than Litecoin. That's not to say some people will still prefer Litecoin over Bitcoin because it suites their purposes. But in my mind, Bitcoin will always be the top cryptocurrency.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:26:25 AM

Bitcoin is used more by the general public and will always be worth more than Litecoin.

wtf  Huh btc is used by the general public  Roll Eyes LMAO, lol look around tis only used as a currency by 0.00001 % of the actual crypto crowd. the general public has zero use for bitcoin as it stands today.

(more then ltc yes but btc itself is very very very rarely used by anyone not in the core crypto crowd)
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:33:34 AM

Litecoin is useless, only good to trade for BTC, apart from that, fucking useless.

and for 99.999% of the crypto crowd btc is useless, only good to trade for FIAT, apart from that, f*^king useless  Kiss
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:38:37 AM

If I could buy gold and silver with it , how can it be useless ?

https://litecoin.com/services#merchants

You can buy gold and silver with some other coins too, litecoin is just like all other copy coins, only good for exchanging to btc, apart from that it has no real world advantage over bitcoin.
BitcoiNaked

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:45:13 AM

and for 99.999% of the crypto crowd btc is useless, only good to trade for FIAT, apart from that, f*^king useless  Kiss

Euhm no, people pay their bills already with bitcoin, shop with bitcoin, get paid in bitcoin. Outside of the crypto circle bitcoin is definitely being used, it has millions of users. an average joe wouldnt use litecoin at all cus it doesnt offer any incentive for a non trader. it doesnt even have an iOS app after years, it just tells they dont care about real world adoption but only to trade it for btc.
BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:39:42 PM

I wish I had more cam guys into litecoin or even doge. The numbers look way cooler! When I'm on a faucet and they're giving 110,000 Satoshi sure it's not worth much of anything at all but it's exciting.

Same with doge. Sure you always have that 1,2,5 and the occasional 10 but when 40 rolls around you're screaming Yeah!

BTC faucets seem to drag and drag giving 300 or at most 820. I remember months back you could easily get a 2k 5k or even 10k but now every faucet doles out the bare minimum. I even went to one that claimed to give up to 10,000 satoshi and instead it was 50. Too long to even get up to a basic penny that I rarely go to btc faucets now unless it has a cute game built in. It's all about Doge or LTC. With LTC you actually have a shot at maybe making something at month end.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░