Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sergei Pugachev: 'Putin's banker' now lives in fear of man he put into power  (Read 362 times)
cryptocoiner (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:46:49 AM

Sergei Pugachev: 'Putin's banker' now lives in fear of man he put into power

Sergei Pugachev doesn’t look like a man on the run. He is in good humour, dressed in jeans and a casual shirt. But the former Russian banker – once close to Vladimir Putin, and now his bitter opponent – is elusive about how he recently escaped from London to France.

“I can’t go into details. I didn’t swim the English channel,” he says, speaking from his new location in Nice on the Côte D’Azur. “It was all absolutely legal,” he adds.

Pugachev is embroiled in a battle with the Russian state, in which he was once a privileged insider. In 2011, he left Russia and settled largely in London, with his British partner Alexandra Tolstoy and their three small children.

His exit from Moscow came after a gradual cooling in his relationship with Russia’s president and, as Pugachev tells it, an astonishing raid by the Russian government on his $15bn (£9.6bn) business empire.

Once known as “Putin’s banker”, Pugachev owned two major shipyards, the world’s biggest mine and significant real estate in Moscow and St Petersburg. Pugachev says all this was taken from him – the asset grab similar to those suffered by other Russian entrepreneurs, the difference being its brazen scale.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/28/sergei-pugachev-putins-banker-interview-lives-in-fear

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:58:33 PM

I am sure, this "banker" made all of those 15 billions dollars in then very poor country the old, hard way, working and paying taxes Smiley

And you Bitcoiners ask all the time why is Putin loved by Russians. Well, there for once you have a politician who actually punishes thiefs and parasites. Russians didnt have to start working ten times as hard (thats how much their wages grew in the past 15 years), they simply had to cut off majority of leeches from the bloodstream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: