Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchase: $5 USD for Bitcoin  (Read 661 times)
Fishbones78 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:38:12 PM

Hi,
I would like to buy $5 of BTC through PayPal. I fully understand why PayPal is such a huge deterrent for sellers, but it is my only option right now. I could pay through Escrow, but I have no idea how to use it and how to conduct BTC trades through it so it would be a bit of a grey area and may lead to the transaction taking longer than usual, which i'm not really looking for. The even more scam-like part you ask? I would like the BTC before I send payment regardless of reputation, I recently read a post about a few people getting scammed on here due to a well trusted account getting into the wrong hands (it was sold).
If you're remotely interested, let me know how much you offer for my $5 in this thread Smiley
Cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

Hmm, it's a tough decision here.  You are really just a newbie with no trust now, as for your account has been inactive for the past 6 months.  That's the only reason holding me back, I just wanted to post this to all interested traders. :-/
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:29:41 AM

I really fear that this account is bought or Hacked one !!
May or may not be !! but it is highly recommend to you to change the Trading medium from Paypal to other , moreover Escrow has no meaning in Paypal , you can even charge Back after 180 days , if you are willing to Hold your coins with Escrow for 180 days , then you are welcome to trade.
Something that i can see on your Profile : "Trust summary for Fishbones78
                                                               This user's password was reset recently
."

CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:34:05 AM

May or may not be !! but it is highly recommend to you to change the Trading medium from Paypal to other ,
."

I tried to contact him for the exchange and he said that my trust ratings are 'risky'.

@op - You consider sending paypal first as risky? It is risky ON MY END because bitcoin is irreversible. Smiley

With everaja's warning, TRADE with EXTREME CAUTION.

Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:32:10 AM

May or may not be !! but it is highly recommend to you to change the Trading medium from Paypal to other ,
."

I tried to contact him for the exchange and he said that my trust ratings are 'risky'.

@op - You consider sending paypal first as risky? It is risky ON MY END because bitcoin is irreversible. Smiley

I agree this is risky for the seller, but your trust doesn't seem to be 100% positive. I recently lost all of my Bitcoin (tell me about it) and left it behind for a little while, hence my inactivity and password reset. I would be willing to trade through Escrow, but I have no idea how :/
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:55:52 AM

."

I agree this is risky for the seller, but your trust doesn't seem to be 100% positive. I recently lost all of my Bitcoin (tell me about it) and left it behind for a little while, hence my inactivity and password reset. I would be willing to trade through Escrow, but I have no idea how :/

You can say that because you've made a trade with someone on the depth trust but I don't think that's enough. Why the heck would I scam your $5? I must be out of my mind to scam someone $5 after spending 2 years in this forum.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:01:20 AM

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something, but CEG5952's trust rating seems to be quite positive - not default trust positive, but positive nonetheless. He has no negative feedback on his account that I can see; maybe you are confusing his "sent feedback" with the feedback he received?

At any rate, if you do find someone willing to take the risk of trading BTC for Paypal, and you do want to deal with that someone, be sure to contact an escrow (contact one of the users featured in the following thread, for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0). They will guide you through the process (and it should be fairly simple and straightforward: the seller sends the BTC to the escrow; you send the Paypal payment to the seller; escrow sends you the BTC).
Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:16:20 AM

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something, but CEG5952's trust rating seems to be quite positive - not default trust positive, but positive nonetheless. He has no negative feedback on his account that I can see; maybe you are confusing his "sent feedback" with the feedback he received?

At any rate, if you do find someone willing to take the risk of trading BTC for Paypal, and you do want to deal with that someone, be sure to contact an escrow (contact one of the users featured in the following thread, for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0). They will guide you through the process (and it should be fairly simple and straightforward: the seller sends the BTC to the escrow; you send the Paypal payment to the seller; escrow sends you the BTC).
I am indeed looking at his sent feedback, sorry CEG. I would be willing to use a trusted Escrow, thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how an Escrow would stop me charging the sellerback through PayPal in a week or so, it would only protect me, not the seller?
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:33:10 AM

I am indeed looking at his sent feedback, sorry CEG. I would be willing to use a trusted Escrow, thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how an Escrow would stop me charging the sellerback through PayPal in a week or so, it would only protect me, not the seller?

Pretty much; essentially, only you as the buyer would end up being protected in that case, not the seller (since Bitcoin is not reversible, and Paypal is) - the escrow will ensure both BTC and Paypal payments are transferred to the other party, but there is basically nothing he can do to protect against chargebacks.
Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:35:22 AM

Pretty much; essentially, only you as the buyer would end up being protected in this case, not the seller (since Bitcoin is not reversible, and Paypal is) - the escrow will ensure both BTC and Paypal payments are transferred to the other party, but there is basically nothing he can do to protect against chargebacks.
I see, thanks for the explanation! I've applied for a trade on a well trusted members post, CEG traded with them a couple of hours ago himself Smiley
Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:02:41 PM

Still looking for the trade if anyone is up for it Smiley
RussiaCoinDotInfo

Activity: 325
Merit: 251

Any ideas?

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:48:24 AM

You've got three active buy requests just on the start page  Huh

Exchanges: (1) (your exchange here) | Nodes: ... | Web: RussiaCoin.Info Explorer: (1) explorer.russiacoin.info ... | Twitter: @RussiaCoin | DISCORD | Facebook | RussiaCoin Forum | BCT: RussiaCoin on BCT |  RC Given Away: 6 in every 1,000 | GITHUB.COM ~~~  | Market Caps: ... WWW.TALKIMG.COM | Image hosting for BitcoinTalk | Official Topic
Iran-Exchange

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Exchange,Sell WMZ,PM,BTC,BTC-e ,Transfer $ To Iran

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:17:57 AM

Hello we can do it for you sir PM to BTC how much you want ?

Have Fast And Safe Exchange Just With us
Fishbones78 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:34:19 PM

Hello we can do it for you sir PM to BTC how much you want ?
I would like PayPal, although I have already traded so I will lock this thread. Thank you anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: