Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best looking / coolest altcoin wallets?  (Read 2039 times)
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:25:27 PM

What are your favorite altcoin wallets?

There are so many neat custom ones and I bet most of us have only seen a small portion of them.

Add screenshots if you can!  Grin
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:05:58 PM

Without a doubt GetGems, it's imo even the coolest Bitcoin wallet. But also the best wallet with the coolest useful features, like an in build store, getting rewarded in different ways for being social, making it rain Bitcoins/Gems in groups, tipping individuals in groups, buying Bitcoin through Coinbase etc.

BTCWagering

Activity: 292
Merit: 256

BTCWagering.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:09:53 PM

Gems is copied from the open source Telegram app, meaning that they should follow the terms of the open source license chosen by Telegram.

However Gems app is closed source so they are acting illegally and stealing from the goodwill of the open source community.
reRaise

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:14:48 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 11:35:18 AM by reRaise

Gems is copied from the open source Telegram app, meaning that they should follow the terms of the open source license chosen by Telegram.

However Gems app is closed source so they are acting illegally and stealing from the goodwill of the open source community.

Yep it's a Telegram client, it's no secret, it's even called Telegram with GetGems on the play store, but thats about it there are awesome features Telegram doesn't offer at all, even Telegrams CEO himself tweeted one of GetGems latest features https://twitter.com/durov

Regarding the source code, not all devs want others to profit from their hard work (atleast not for now) or want pump and dump altcoin developers using the getgems wallet for their altcoins, scam people and damage the brand with poor versions.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:30:27 PM

Yep it's a Telegram client, it's no secret lol, it's even called Telegram with GetGems on the play store and guess what Telegrams CEO even tweeted one of GetGems latest features https://twitter.com/durov

Regarding the source code, not all devs want others to profit from their hard work (atleast not for now) or want pump and dump altcoin developers using the getgems wallet for their altcoins, scam people and damage the brand with poor versions.

Does not seems to be a good reason to acting illegally (if that is the case, idk), just saying, in case you were trying to defend toward the main point of BTCWagering.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
reRaise

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:41:03 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 06:45:30 PM by reRaise

Yep it's a Telegram client, it's no secret lol, it's even called Telegram with GetGems on the play store and guess what Telegrams CEO even tweeted one of GetGems latest features https://twitter.com/durov

Does not seems to be a good reason to acting illegally (if that is the case, idk), just saying, in case you were trying to defend toward the main point of BTCWagering.

Some are mad a legit start up like GetGems popped up and is killin it ahah. Coinbase isn't entirely open source aswell and still 2+ millions users, average joe doesn't care man. I don't know about the exact rules but i know the app has brought a new paradigm in the messaging business and people love it. Also some scamming devs probabaly want to fork GG and scam people and mad they can't.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:00:25 PM

I agree that Gems' wallet is really cool. I totally understand why it's being kept private for now and glad they keep it in that state, so less scammers will use that to steal ppl.

btw, about the OP question, one of my favorite altcoin wallet is definately Neoscoin.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 06:44:10 PM

Umm... how about nxt? the current core wallet has all of the following integrated inside... i haven't seen anything like it yet... also works on all platforms as long as java is installed.... no need for an app since it just works... saves time on developing for android and ios and just focus on making a great platform for devs to build on....

seriously.. a hidden gem out of all the noise.

play with it yourself: www.jnxt.org/nxt --- login with " nxt "

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:15:03 PM

Monero wallet of course.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:17:18 PM

NXT & NEOS are best

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:28:58 PM

GetGems takes it for me, it's easy to access and to use for the average person while keeping the innovation and nice design. It supports Bitcoin too.
BTCWagering

BTCWagering.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:41:57 PM

Some are mad a legit start up like GetGems popped up and is killin it ahah. Coinbase isn't entirely open source aswell and still 2+ millions users, average joe doesn't care man. I don't know about the exact rules but i know the app has brought a new paradigm in the messaging business and people love it. Also some scamming devs probabaly want to fork GG and scam people and mad they can't.

Nobody's mad about any success they're having (or aren't). The simple fact is, when YOU FORK open source code YOU MUST keep the code open source and if OTHERS FORK your code, too bad, that's the cost of doing business.

If you can't appreciate what open source principals have done for everyone, and can't understand why they're legally and morally obligated to share the code, then you're just a touty shilly turdball who's in here to pump a (useless) coin so you can dump it and make like .001 BTC for your impoverished ass to go buy some more noodles.

By the way, I installed the Gems app on my iPad and it's very buggy compared to real Telegram, and buying Starbucks cards or whatever is basically impossible right now because you start off with about 15 coins and the card costs 3000. What am I going to do, buy some GEMZ on Poloniex and then send them to the app so I can buy a crappy gift card that might never come? Yea right.
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:47:31 PM

Up until recently I had not found any excellent out standing wallets and then I find Circuits, (CIRC) Easily the best wallet out at the moment.

Take a look for yourself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089933.0

reRaise

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:59:32 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 09:50:21 PM by reRaise

Nobody's mad about any success they're having (or aren't). The simple fact is, when YOU FORK open source code YOU MUST keep the code open source and if OTHERS FORK your code, too bad, that's the cost of doing business.

If you can't appreciate what open source principals have done for everyone, and can't understand why they're legally and morally obligated to share the code, then you're just a touty shilly turdball who's in here to pump a (useless) coin so you can dump it and make like .001 BTC for your impoverished ass to go buy some more noodles.

By the way, I installed the Gems app on my iPad and it's very buggy compared to real Telegram, and buying Starbucks cards or whatever is basically impossible right now because you start off with about 15 coins and the card costs 3000. What am I going to do, buy some GEMZ on Poloniex and then send them to the app so I can buy a crappy gift card that might never come? Yea right.

They didn't got the added innovations from Telegram, so in that case i believe they would just get back a version of Telegram client. Some are mad they can't fork the part GetGems made on their own, to scam people and some think they are competitors lol. It's understandable they want to keep their innovation private and not release it yet while the app isn't complete yet, Coinbase isn't entirely open source either. I don't know about iPad, will forward it, the priority has been for iPhone first, not everything is completely polished yet. You can contact support and tell them your issue.

The price of giftcards are going to adjust, the app rewards you for being social, the store lets you buy with your Gems you have in your wallet, doesn't matter if you got them from the exchange, earned them, received them. Some have more some have less, some have more social reach and earn more some not. Do you expect the app giving you thousands of Gems right from the bat? wtf do you think haha, but the majority will agree GetGems has huge potential.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:31:41 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 10:45:58 PM by Netnox

I don't think it's necessary for GG open source their own work. These days, it seems that anybody who writes a piece of code ends up pushing it right away to GitHub with an open-source license and says, “I’ve open-sourced it.” Creating an open-source project isn’t just about making your code freely available to others. Also you need to decide why you are open-sourcing the project in the first place.

Creating an open-source project that can be conducive to outside contributions is more work than it seems. You have to create environments in which those who are unfamiliar with the project can get up to speed and be productive reasonably quickly, and that takes some planning. Then you should choose a licence which largely depends on how you intend your code to be used. There are enough reasons for GG not to open their own work right now, the app is still being polished and debugged, not all main features have been added yet, scammers might ruin the brand etc. As a supporter i actually don't want them to release the code of their own hard work at this early stage, if there would be something to be open sourced that would just be Telegrams part and i don't think these users are looking for Telegrams code which is already public.

Community and collaboration is the real power of open source, not just the code. GG has proved the Bitcoiners that it's doing a great job and has been in r/bitcoins frontage multiple times in the last couple days, the whole app is starting to mature extremely well.
BTCWagering

BTCWagering.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 10:46:55 PM

I don't think it's necessary for GG open source their own work, atleast not at this stage.

You're clearly the one who doesn't understand how (most) open-source licenses work, in this case the GPL.

BECAUSE THEY COPIED OPEN SOURCE CODE UNDER GPL, THEIR MODIFIED CODE BECOMES OPEN SOURCE CODE UNDER GPL.

GPL is a viral license. This means that if the original software is licensed under the GPL, any hooks, modifications, modules, etc. too will be licensed under the GPL.

It's getting pretty obvious you boys are coming in here to hype / pump a worthless coin inside a buggy app.

Telegram could easily take legal action against Gems, but it appears that they have somehow (perhaps through a relationship with the CEO) avoided that, so the community is the one who gets screwed by them STEALING from the open source community (commons).

The Gem creators are from Israel so it doesn't surprise me. If you're willing to hack up your own newborn baby, you really don't give a shit about anything.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:56:50 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 11:14:58 PM by BitcoiNaked

lol BTCWagering is mad like his life is depending on getgems code bringing up race n shit, sorry but israel is one of the top start up nations, often called as the next silicon valley. Some well known apps come from there like Waze, bought by Google for a Billion USD. 99% of users don't give a shit about the code if the app only is useful that is enough. If they have good ties with Telegram CEO then it's good news for Gemz supporters, Coinbase seems to be cooperative with them aswell. The app is working perfectly for me, go find another code to scam people and don't derail ops topic.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:10:00 PM

Gems is my favourite but not cause it looks cool, even though it does but because of user friendliness. I really hate the whole NXT NEM type wallets, so complicated for newbies. I like simplicity, the basic Bitcoin wallets are great, I really like multibit. I liked Qora which also looked like an aborted 90's project. User friendliness is everything, how it looks is secondary. though that circuits wallet looks cool....I assume the developer is a Trekie.
BTCWagering

BTCWagering.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 11:18:32 PM

People are so fucking dumb it's painful.

He was talking about you BitcoiNaked. You don't understand open source and you don't understand English.

You can hype up your Israeli JewelCoin all you want but it won't change the fact that no one is using it and probably never will. You should sell whatever bags you're holding now because the current pump will be over soon.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:20:29 PM

I don't think it's necessary for GG open source their own work, atleast not at this stage.

You're clearly the one who doesn't understand how (most) open-source licenses work, in this case the GPL.

BECAUSE THEY COPIED OPEN SOURCE CODE UNDER GPL, THEIR MODIFIED CODE BECOMES OPEN SOURCE CODE UNDER GPL.

GPL is a viral license. This means that if the original software is licensed under the GPL, any hooks, modifications, modules, etc. too will be licensed under the GPL.

It's getting pretty obvious you boys are coming in here to hype / pump a worthless coin inside a buggy app.

Telegram could easily take legal action against Gems, but it appears that they have somehow (perhaps through a relationship with the CEO) avoided that, so the community is the one who gets screwed by them STEALING from the open source community (commons).

The Gem creators are from Israel so it doesn't surprise me. If you're willing to hack up your own newborn baby, you really don't give a shit about anything.

Probably you are the same guy on Reddit getting all hot and bothered about licensing which no one who actually owns the licence gives a crap about. The law is to protect people and interested parties not to be anal about and for suing at every opportunity possible. Bottom line if a telegram don't care then why do you?

And you also seem to want Getgems to open all the code even though they said they want to make sure it's safe so users are protected....perfectly logical, perfectly reasonable. BUT you want them to risk people's coins and info to satisfy your bizarre sense of justice.

You're one of the weirdest people I ever saw on this forum and thats saying something. And you really undermined any credibility you might of had with the Israel comment. Every country has governments with atrocities on their hands......do you want links to pictures of babies and children droned by the U.S.?

*Why do all the moralising Bit-coiners often run gambling sites! Lol.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: