Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:50:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins mined with CPU  (Read 1632 times)
Dmc123dmc (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Time is the one thing you can't run from

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 05:36:17 PM

Are there any altcoins that can only be mined with a cpu that have a good return? Also what is the best mining program to use?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:53:09 PM

Are there any altcoins that can only be mined with a cpu that have a good return? Also what is the best mining program to use?

So far XMG is the easiest to mine, not to mention that it's the most rewarding. I've tried other coins but I haven't earned as much as from XMG. Just my opinion.

You can check the coin's website at: http://coinmagi.org

Hope this helps! Happy mining  Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:16:17 PM

Don't recommend mining with CPU regardless of coin. Get a nice GPU if you would like profit. CPUs have been outed in bitcoin and litecoin, most other altcoins also don't give you profit for their speed. I suggest you invest 200$ in a GPU if you want to get started mining for profit. (With altcoins)

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:34:00 AM

Don't recommend mining with CPU regardless of coin. Get a nice GPU if you would like profit. CPUs have been outed in bitcoin and litecoin, most other altcoins also don't give you profit for their speed. I suggest you invest 200$ in a GPU if you want to get started mining for profit. (With altcoins)

I doubt,  even  with FPGA and ASIC miners is difficult payback, To get some true profit mining you need equipment really expensive. Before of invest on any equipment miner read and read to avoid that you lost your investment. Besides another thing to consider is your electricity cost. Actually
there are another ways of mining like to mining cloud services but you could be careful because  not all are legitims. Otherwise if you want to mine
to learn or have fun CPU or any GPU is fine.
quantuscoinsam

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:16:34 AM

Any coin that can be mined by CPU is a bad idea, as it's network can be dominated by a massive botnet.
Dmc123dmc (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Time is the one thing you can't run from

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 07:53:10 AM

I only ask about cpu and altcoins as my pc is on 24/7 with a 6 core cpu so I may as well use it for cpu only coins. I used to mine scrypt before asics were introduced and then sold off the gpu as it wasnt profitable. I already mine btc with 2TH/S of power. It was around the time of the coinex scam that i last mined with cpu but remember it was fun and interesting so this wont be about making a ton of money- more of a hobby project.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:09:24 AM

I only ask about cpu and altcoins as my pc is on 24/7 with a 6 core cpu so I may as well use it for cpu only coins. I used to mine scrypt before asics were introduced and then sold off the gpu as it wasnt profitable. I already mine btc with 2TH/S of power. It was around the time of the coinex scam that i last mined with cpu but remember it was fun and interesting so this wont be about making a ton of money- more of a hobby project.
GPUs aren't as outdated as you make them out to be. Newer AMD GPUs can mine with profit for the power they use, of course though, specifically created miners are still topkek.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:24:53 PM

Check out minergate and try mining BCN or XMR, either will provide a small payout.  I have found Claymore's cpu miner the fastest and overclocking your cpu will provide a significant boost if you can keep temps under control.

What 6 core cpu you using?
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 03:13:26 AM

I'm mining Bytecoin (BNC) and Monero (XMR) with both CPU and GPU, don't use the minergate client, instead, use the Claymore GPU and CPU miners. I'm getting 232 hash/s with my FX-6300 CPU. With a R9 270@1050Mhz i'm getting 410 Hash/s.
Bytecoin is the most profitable choice now. Mine with the future in mind. If you think that monero or bytecoin are going to raise in price, mine that coin instead.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:55:11 PM

Any coin that can be mined by CPU is a bad idea, as it's network can be dominated by a massive botnet.

On case of Magicoin hashrate is limited to 250 Kh/s by user but you can to get a thing beetwen 6 or 10 coins for day only.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:25:06 PM

On case of Magicoin hashrate is limited to 250 Kh/s by user but you can to get a thing beetwen 6 or 10 coins for day only.
That doesn't stop a botnet in any form, it just makes the creator make each infected pc mine on a new user that sends the funds to the main person.

Its true, But as far as almost of pools have a legend about "Botnets are not welcome" , And if the operator of pool detected any activity relationated with this like to a big number of accounts created recently, they can cancelled all accounts suspicious.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:55:40 PM

That doesn't stop a botnet in any form, it just makes the creator make each infected pc mine on a new user that sends the funds to the main person.

Its true, But as far as almost of pools have a legend about "Botnets are not welcome" , And if the operator of pool detected any activity relationated with this like to a big number of accounts created recently, they can cancelled all accounts suspicious.
if it is a successful botnet it will have the hashrate to be its own pool, no need for others.

Even so devs of coins can get to ban nodes  suspicious  if they want of the same way that they banned an node when they dont update an compulsory release.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:24:41 PM

if it is a successful botnet it will have the hashrate to be its own pool, no need for others.

Even so devs of coins can get to ban nodes  suspicious  if they want of the same way that they banned an node when they dont update an compulsory release.
Were obviously playing a game of cat and mouse and it is getting ridiculous, you're telling me that magicoin is botnet proof due to the limit on cpu, but also because most pools have a sentence in their legend or that the devs are going to be watching nodes? This seems pretty damn far fetched, has there been one instance of Magicoin baning any nodes?
Really I don't know if they have banned any but nor can we say that a botnet has done mining on Magicoin. I only say on theory that can be prevent an exccesive mining of a massive botnet over any coin. Obviously the botnet will get some coins until this be detected.
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:59:10 PM

Really I don't know if they have banned any but nor can we say that a botnet has done mining on Magicoin. I only say on theory that can be prevent an exccesive mining of a massive botnet over any coin. Obviously the botnet will get some coins until this be detected.

I am a very active member of the XMG Coin Magi community and keep a constant eye on POW mining activity. I have made representations to mining pools on two occasions where suspicious activity has been detected. On both occasions this resulted in the suspicious activity being stopped and the perpetrators banned from the mining pool.

Obviously, even this pro-active monitoring cannot prevent all abuse, but XMG is a hybrid POW/POS coin that resists "50% attack". There is also the unique XMG block reward algorithm that reduces the POW block rewards to near zero if the the coin is being over-mined, so a very large hashrate from a server farm or botnet for example will gain next to nothing in returns. This is the reason why most XMG mining pools now apply a hashrate limit.

bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:12:55 PM

I am a very active member of the XMG Coin Magi community and keep a constant eye on POW mining activity. I have made representations to mining pools on two occasions where suspicious activity has been detected. On both occasions this resulted in the suspicious activity being stopped and the perpetrators banned from the mining pool.

Obviously, even this pro-active monitoring cannot prevent all abuse, but XMG is a hybrid POW/POS coin that resists "50% attack". There is also the unique XMG block reward algorithm that reduces the POW block rewards to near zero if the the coin is being over-mined, so a very large hashrate from a server farm or botnet for example will gain next to nothing in returns. This is the reason why most XMG mining pools now apply a hashrate limit.

Thank you! For clearing us that confirms what I thought, And is good also to know also that Magi have its kind of protection against of farms or botnets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: