Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Monero ignored by the public even though it has the best tech out there?  (Read 3632 times)
Laniakea (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:56:52 AM

Monero no doubt has the best technology out of all crypto coins.  To put it frankly, I've been neglecting this myself.  Having looked into the actual tech for the past months, I can now agree with the general consensus of reputable developers who have judged its inner workings.

However! A question that has been arising ever since seeing its numerous advantages - why is it largely ignored? The volume is very low, and there are only very few supporters.  How can this be?

It's like people are buying expensive no-brand cars, if they could have a 90% discounted Lamborghini.  It simply does not make any sense whatsoever not to be hyped about it.  Where's your enthusiasm, folks?

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:03:31 AM

yeah its the best !

the wallet fricking rocks LOL
also dem Munero administration with psychos like Riesto, ego-bitches like smooth and sweet rainbow unicorn boys like fluffy xD

bring it on my nifty boy

~CfA~

Laniakea (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:09:34 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 01:27:15 AM by Laniakea

yeah its the best !

the wallet fricking rocks LOL
also dem Munero administration with psychos like Riesto, ego-bitches like smooth and sweet rainbow unicorn boys like fluffy xD

bring it on my nifty boy

~CfA~

What is your point?  A superb wallet is in the working and it simply hasn't been top priority yet.  The developers are focusing on a rock solid core as far as I grasp.

Also why do you say such things about some of the Monero leaders?  

Maybe you're just being envious..

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:40:10 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:33:20 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:44:32 AM

You want the truth go look at the "all time" price chart on Poloniex.

The signature is obvious.

Humans are lazy, visual creatures.  So I posted this for them. 

Now, just between us Singularities, what are you talking about?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 07:08:22 AM

Monero no doubt has the best technology out of all crypto coins.  To put it frankly, I've been neglecting this myself.  Having looked into the actual tech for the past months, I can now agree with the general consensus of reputable developers who have judged its inner workings.

However! A question that has been arising ever since seeing its numerous advantages - why is it largely ignored? The volume is very low, and there are only very few supporters.  How can this be?

It's like people are buying expensive no-brand cars, if they could have a 90% discounted Lamborghini.  It simply does not make any sense whatsoever not to be hyped about it.  Where's your enthusiasm, folks?

Reasons: laziness or that the primary anti-monero posters are large holders of other coins or ignorance or a general suspicion of all things not Bitcoin. The first two won't go away any time soon, but the last two can change with facts.

--Monero is the largest most secure form of a digital cash--a digital cash must be decentralized to prevent a central power from destroying its other traits, it must be unlinkable to retain fungibility, it must be untraceable to retain fungibility, and it must be fungible--which simply means 1 xmr always equals 1 xmr (no taint).

--Monero was fairly launched and has a heavy front-end distribution to keep the costs of entering the market inexpensive.

--Monero is opensource and has at last count 29 developers with commits (one happens to be the lead Developer of Bitcoin).

--Monero has an online game that will use it as a gateway to the game's economy.

--A Finnish company is introducing a Monero investment fund.

--Open Alias (a Monero innovation that allows for you to use domains as addresses) will be part of Electrum Core.

--View Keys allow Monero to be private by default, public by choice.

--Monero's TPS is unbounded (currently 1,600 TPS).

Probably forgot a few things, but Monero isn't part of the dog and pony show that is greater fool economics. It is the evolution from physical cash to digital cash. It is needed, it is wanted, it is desired by those who want cash as part of their digital lives.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:06:45 AM

--Monero's TPS is unbounded (currently 1,600 TPS).

Monero at 1,600 TPS would probably consume all of the whole world's internet bandwidth.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:07:44 AM

MONERO SPAM JUST SHUT UP
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:31:29 AM

Actually I've recently found a good historical parallel for Monero: the SdKfz 184 Panzerjager Tiger (P) (Ferdinand / Elephant) heavy tank destroyer.
You know it was an freakin' awesome stuff what was able to wipe out anything on the battlefield from miles away and absorb nearly any sort of enemy fire, so it was a hard hitting beast with great potential. A real Porshe in its class Smiley. But...it had two flaws. First the developers forgot to install a cheap machine gun on it (user interface) so the Russian soldiers just comfortably walked to the Elephant and blown up the whole bloody expensive technological marvel with a 50 cent molotov cocktail. The second was the fact that an Elephant was a sophisticated, slow and heavy machine designed for the wast, wide open Russian plains, what was fine there but this made it pretty much useless everywhere else (real life services).

This is the two main flaws with monero too. User interface and real life services. You know until my 90 YO grandma' and 12 YO little brother can't use the client comfortably (without reading a few pages of howtos) from any sort of hardware, and the real life services are basically limited to Bittrex, Poloniex, and some sort of empty marketplace like thingy, I wouldn't expect too much attention from the public.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:37:15 AM

Why is Monero ignored?

may be because there are 100 threads created on daily basis about how Monero is going to beat BTC. People who were 5 feet away from Monero now they're 1000 feet away. Good luck with getting investors

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:39:57 AM

Why is Monero ignored?

may be because there are 100 threads created on daily basis about how Monero is going to beat BTC. People who were 5 feet away from Monero now they're 1000 feet away. Good luck with getting investors

Indeed.. I'm not even considering monero as a competent coin anymore... The spam has really turned me off. Too bad, the spamming doesnt have the wanted effect.. And even core people from Monero are hating this..
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:01:02 AM

When you pay shills to advertise something they don't understand, you damage the thing you were trying to promote.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:14:51 AM

I guess no one needs it. Maybe ISIS, monero team should translate its wallet to arabic.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:00:17 PM

When you pay shills to advertise something they don't understand, you damage the thing you were trying to promote.

They aren't shills, they are reverse trolls.

I stated in another topic:

I already told this before, please refrain from starting new Monero threads in the altcoin section. We have our own speculation and ANN thread which are sufficient. I, as a Monero supporters, am getting quite annoyed by all these threads and I certainly know that many others are getting annoyed as well. So please follow this advice. I know you meant good, but this is only hurting XMR, not benefiting it.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:19:55 PM

Are you sure about that? Their numbers and level of persistence indicates a profit motive.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:30:12 PM

Are you sure about that? Their numbers and level of persistence indicates a profit motive.

Pretty sure about it, most are either newbie accounts or known trolls (mrkavasaki, blacky90 and kenji). Also, like I stated before, most long time community members that I know are quite annoyed by it as well. Thus I advice everyone to stick to the ANN or speculation thread and not start new unnecessary threads here. 

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:31:12 PM

Very sure. Or tell my why is it always Newbie Accounts often with a single liner? Also look how the same few Anti-Monero guys jump into every thread it is mentioned.... hclivess, illodin, bagholder"cry(p)to"( lamest thing i ever heard and you keep on saying and saying it like a dumb nut )010, benthach etc...
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:37:08 PM

Very sure. Or tell my why is it always Newbie Accounts often with a single liner? Also look how the same few Anti-Monero guys jump into every thread it is mentioned.... hclivess, illodin, bagholder"cry(p)to"( lamest thing i ever heard and you keep on saying and saying it like a dumb nut )010, benthach etc...

Because they're being paid by the post?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:41:00 PM

Because they're being paid by the post?

I don't disagree they are being paid, but not in a way to benefit Monero. In my opinion, they are doing the opposite and are probably paid to do the opposite as well.

vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:54:25 PM

Monero is ignored because it has nothing to offer then blabla

Bitcoin is the first mover in this market. It shoud be doable to expand the possibilities of bitcoin with the things other coins can do.
Remember that it is not allways the best (the best in your opinion) that will win.

There are far more sophisticated coins then Monero.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: