Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has Windows 10?  (Read 1914 times)
JWMutant (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Ok after much stuffing around, I finally have this down to a fine art.

And as a side note, if you want to wait till M$ roll out the update on its own then you need to understand 1 thing. If you have a driver that is not compatible with Windows 10 even as a legacy driver then your going to be waiting for a while, they will not roll out the update until all device hardware drivers are compatible with WIN10.

I ended up using the download tool per machine. This ensures that I am downloading only what I need for that machine. Side note on this is as per the normal M$ clusterfuck train ride they offer all users, using the tool may not work for you, this is due to it being region specific. To fix this head to control panel then region (if your using win8) win7 it is under another title. Then administrative, then change the "langauge for non-unicode to English (United states).

After you have stuffed around with that for a while you are ready to use the download tool.

As a side note again, once you have Win 10 all installed and everything is fine. Head to c drive. You will find a hidden folder call "$Windows~WS"

If you want to create a install disc after you have done this, let me know as there is a program that creates a ISO of your install.

I basically worked this out for myself but can 110% guarantee this will work for every single PC. Yes you may in fact be downloading the OS again but my feeling is what was in the Windows~BT folder was a very generic download, whereby downloading it via the tool ensures that what you are downloading is 100% correct for your setup.

As people may already know as this is a update or upgrade, there is no need for a key, this is because M$ are changing the way they do a few things. The update is hardware specific so will only work on that machine.
So creating a iso of that install will allow you to do a fresh install when you want without using a key (just press skip when the time comes)

I have to say however Windows 7 was and is great but it really depends on what you use your PC for as to if updating is right for you.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:24:07 PM

The OS is doing great so far, no problems to report yet but...

The Edge browser is really really buggy! Did the Windows Millennium or Vista team build this browser?
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:06:43 PM

I have it and its been working pretty good so far. I used the Media Creation Tool to do the upgrades.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:23:48 PM

no thx windows 7, 7 is perfect!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 06:35:57 PM

i would not install that because you are a beta tester in this case.

never change a running system!

HugoTheSpider

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:39:41 PM

I have Windows 10 locked in a virtual machine. It runs pretty good but the UI looks cheap and it feels like I turned my PC into an oversized smartphone. The only real advantage I see now are virtual desktops.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 10:25:24 PM by Xian01

I have to wait until the Oculus Rift is fully supported, which it is not at the moment ( I think).
Out of curiosity, are you a developer, or a gamer waiting for an updated Runtime ?
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:13:35 PM

Not yet as the complaints about privacy are worrying me quite a bit. Not sure if I will or I will give ubuntu a try.
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:21:09 AM

The Edge browser is really really buggy! Did the Windows Millennium or Vista team build this browser?

I tried Windows 10 ( I have OS X and windows 7, so it was something completely new ) and Edge browser is way faster than Google Chrome... your PC is low, maybe? Tongue
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:26:20 AM

Till now, I am still resisting the installation of Windows 10, I don't see the advantages greater than the problems.
MBMGroup_Rep

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:47:04 AM

Is windows 10 compatible with all previous Microsoft applications?
zahra4572

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:49:23 AM

I am looking to update to windows 10 but after getting good review from some experts.
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:55:53 AM

I have to wait until the Oculus Rift is fully supported, which it is not at the moment ( I think).
Out of curiosity, are you a developer, or a gamer waiting for an updated Runtime ?

Gamer. SDK/run time 0.7 is out on the 25th so hopefully they will have a fix included in that. I have seen a Win 10 fix floating about if I upgrade (rather than fresh), but I am currently using run time 0.5 due to a problem with AMD cards and extended mode. Sad

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:04:24 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 01:00:33 PM by notbatman

I tried Windows 10 ( I have OS X and windows 7, so it was something completely new ) and Edge browser is way faster than Google Chrome... your PC is low, maybe? Tongue

The issue is buggy not speed, systems gonna get pwnt if they don't patch it up quick. This 64-bit firefox I'm using is quick and bug free, I recommend "borrowing" this code...

Issues:

a) Multitude of screen artifacts.
b) Browser closes on opening various URLs.
c) YouTube/video playback buggy, stuck.
d) Browser refusing to get fresh info; insisting on using cached data even after reload.

Just a few of the many issues I've experienced.

Edit:

MS is good about patching stuff, I'm sure they'll have it working in a Jiffy!

SilasVi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:44:14 PM

At the moment I'm thinking about trying it out.
JWMutant (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:11:05 AM

The single biggest advantage to Windows 10 is directx 12 which is from windows 10 onwards. So if your not a gamer there is no real point in upgrading.

However I will point out that the free upgrade is good for 12 months only, after that you will have to pay. So smart money is on doing the upgrade and login using your M$ details so that the motherboard can be linked to your account as the upgrade is tied directly to your board as in if you change your board then no free copy. After that just roll back to your previous os. But because your hardware is now linked to the install you can do a fresh install of 10 whenever you want and it will cost you nothing.
chinapeople

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:35:51 AM

I have W10. I do not like it like I do W7 but I like it better than W8
claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:58:06 AM

Still on Windows 7 don't really feel the need to upgrade

to1ga

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:47:32 AM

No Thanx. Windows XP Forever. !!! ^^

█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
               ▄▄█  █▄▄
            ▄█████  █████▄
       ▄  █▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄█  ▄
   ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄

▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀  ▄
███▄▄  ▀  ▀▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀▀  ▀  ▄▄███
█████▀      ▀█████  █████▀      ▀█████
█▀▀  ▄▄█  ██▄▄ ▀▀█  █▀▀ ▄▄██  █▄▄  ▀▀█
   █████  ██████      ██████  █████
█▄▄  ▀▀█  ██▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄▄ ▀▀██  █▀▀  ▄▄█
█████▄      ▄█████  █████▄      ▄█████
███▀▀  ▄  ▄▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄▄  ▄  ▀▀███
▀  ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄  ▀
   ▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀
       ▀  █▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀█  ▀
            ▀█████  █████▀
               ▀▀█  █▀▀
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
A Blog That Discusses About
Artificial Intelligence    The Future    Ethics on AI    and more
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:51:03 AM

I have it on one of my laptops, and so far it's ok to me, much better than win8, but still i prefer win7 over it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: