Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Monitor  (Read 2458 times)
RustyNomad (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:04:35 PM

Anybody know of a good site and or software that can be used to monitor several HD wallets?

I used to make use of this site https://beta.coyno.com but it seems like the site is no longer functional as balances are not updated. Not sure whether its just a temporary problem and or if this project is not going ahead anymore.

What is nice about the site is that you can add the xpub key of several wallets and it then gives you a nice overview of your balances, transactions, balances over time etc...

I've tried Blockonomics but you can only enter single addresses there. The site needs to be able to handle HD wallets.

Any site out there you might know of ?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:08:36 PM

Currently, I'm using Blockonomics as well to notify me about BTC goes in and goes out for single addrs.
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:10:45 PM

You can add addresses to blockchain.info as "watch-only" addresses without needing the private key. I am not sure this is what you are asking about though.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:16:24 PM

You can add addresses to blockchain.info as "watch-only" addresses without needing the private key. I am not sure this is what you are asking about though.

Looking for a site that can handle HD wallets i.e. just enter the xpub key and it monitors all addresses in that wallet.

Single addresses are fine for paper wallets etc.. but near impossible to monitor all the addresses in a HD wallet unless you enter all of the addresses which will be a real headache.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:35:48 PM

I never know any website which can handle HD wallets
But, i heard newest Mycelium version support xpub key

BTW, Mycelium is wallet for smartphone

Yes I know, I use MyCelium daily. Go look at the website I posted above then you will understand what I'm looking for. On that site you can link all your wallets, say Trezor, Electrum, MyCelium etc.. All you do is enter the xpub key and the site then monitors all addresses within that wallet. No need to enter single addresses, you can do that if you want for paper wallets. You can also link to several exchanges.

The site gives you a nice overview of your total bitcoin holdings across several wallets and or exchanges or even paper wallets. It charts your bitcoin holdings over time showing how much you had at what stage and what it was worth then etc....

The project looked very promising but it seems like it might not go ahead.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:41:15 PM

You can enter the xpub keys into blockchain.info and see all of the transactiosn and the balance there.

RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 02:51:21 PM

You can enter the xpub keys into blockchain.info and see all of the transactiosn and the balance there.

I will have another look but as far as I know you can only import single addresses. Tried it earlier with the xpub of a HD wallet and it would not take it.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 03:01:50 PM

I will have another look but as far as I know you can only import single addresses. Tried it earlier with the xpub of a HD wallet and it would not take it.

Not into their wallet, but into the search bar. You can search those xpub keys and see the transactions and balace. I don't know about monitoring them though.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:58:04 PM

Not sure but check this out:

https://www.omniwallet.org/

It supports all kind of options and coins. It even supports metacoins such as MaidSafeCoin (is what people send to be using to store them outside the exchanges). It's worth a try I think.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 05:17:01 PM

Not sure but check this out:

https://www.omniwallet.org/

It supports all kind of options and coins. It even supports metacoins such as MaidSafeCoin (is what people send to be using to store them outside the exchanges). It's worth a try I think.

Had a look but not quite what I'm looking for. Its essentially just another wallet which allows you to import some addresses but not HD wallets.

Go have a look at that website I posted in the first post. It really is a nice setup. You can enter almost any wallet xpub key and it will check all addresses in that wallet and keep them updated. You can load several different kinds of wallets, single addresses, exchange accounts etc. and have it all consolidated into one chart. So you get a single chart showing you all your bitcoin holdings without having to check each wallet individually.

Not into their wallet, but into the search bar. You can search those xpub keys and see the transactions and balace. I don't know about monitoring them though.

Was not aware of that thanks. Nice to have a quick look at a HD wallet that way.
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:30:49 AM

Added xpub search support in blockonomics . You can search one or more xpub keys of HD wallets in the search bar.

Would be great if you can test and let us know if it works for you.
Will also be adding monitoring of HD wallets very soon.

Thanks

Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:49:43 AM

You may want to take a look at http://synala.com/  -- it only requires your xpub keys, and supports both, standard and multi-sig addresses.

It won't go through previous blockchain transactions to see what money is in your wallet, but it'll definitely track all future transactions with quality.  I even use it myself for my own personal funds.

Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:51:25 AM

Blockonomics can do this. It looks great and has a sleek design, check it out!
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 09:08:34 AM

See the site is back up for those interested https://coyno.com/

Will have a look at Blockonomics but from what I can remember you can check a HD wallet but you have to enter the xpub key everytime you want to do so.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:10:33 AM

How safe it is to use HD wallets and to share public master keys to receive payments? I want to get on this, but im too paranoid about doing anything that involves leaving the legacy Bitcoin Core wallet.
Insertion

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:13:20 AM

Balances.io to track my Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin balances. You never use a private key. It simply monitors the balance contained in the public addresses.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 09:22:06 AM

Balances.io to track my Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin balances. You never use a private key. It simply monitors the balance contained in the public addresses.

There are plenty of sites and or apps that can track balances of individual addresses. What I was looking for was a site that could track complete HD wallets i.e. all the addresses in a HD wallet without you having to constantly add new addresses. Those other sites work fine if you work with individual addresses but they are pretty useless if you want to track a complete HD wallet.

On https://coyno.com/ you can enter your wallet's xpub key and your whole wallet then gets monitored. So if you receive funds on a new addresses and or funds go to a change addresses you do not need to go and add those 'new' addresses, it will pick it up automatically from the xpub key.

RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 09:24:51 AM

How safe it is to use HD wallets and to share public master keys to receive payments? I want to get on this, but im too paranoid about doing anything that involves leaving the legacy Bitcoin Core wallet.

Its safe as long as you do not disclose a single private key.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 09:45:09 AM

Anybody know of a good site and or software that can be used to monitor several HD wallets?

I used to make use of this site https://beta.coyno.com but it seems like the site is no longer functional as balances are not updated. Not sure whether its just a temporary problem and or if this project is not going ahead anymore.

What is nice about the site is that you can add the xpub key of several wallets and it then gives you a nice overview of your balances, transactions, balances over time etc...

I've tried Blockonomics but you can only enter single addresses there. The site needs to be able to handle HD wallets.

With Blockonomics you can add multiple address, just separate with (,). They have a nice interface.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 10:12:54 AM

With Blockonomics you can add multiple address, just separate with (,). They have a nice interface.

I know but that will mean that I need to add a new address each time funds are sent to my wallet and everytime I send funds and have some go to a new change address I will have to add that change address as well. So all I'll be doing the whole day is add more and more addresses. With the site I mentioned you just add your wallets xpub key once and everything is done. The site monitors all addresses in your wallets that have any funds on them. So no need to constantly add new addresses as you use them, the site picks them up automatically.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: