Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:34:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {Contest} Web design {1 BTC - escrowed}  (Read 3561 times)
washbit (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 03:17:53 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 06:47:52 PM by washbit

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a new web design for washbit bitcoin cleaning service, to give it a new fresh, good and unique feel. The service can be found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117709.0
https://washbit.org

Contest progress
The contest will have two separate steps
1st stage - design show
In this step you have to show your design of the main page. After this step ends, 3 best will be selected and payment distributed as follows:
1st place - 0.3 BTC
2nd place - 0.1 BTC
3rd place - 0.05 BTC

But only the 1st winner will get the job.
Deadline for submission for first stage is on Friday 07/08/15.

Your final submission have to be as a high-resolution PNG image and you have to provide the resources (e.g. PSD files) upon a request. I reserve the right to use your work or part of it even if you're not one of the first three winners.

After the winner is selected, there will be
2nd stage - design coding
The only winner will have 1 week to deliver the code. If the code fulfills all requirements, the rest of the escrow - 0.55 BTC is released to the winner. So the winner will eventually get 0.85 BTC

Rules
  • the design includes logo, code, images
  • more pretty design goes first
  • design involves all pages which are currently on the server (=main page with form, faq, results page, gpg, bounty) - pages can be split or merged if it results in prettier design (e.g. faq and gpg can be merged, faq does not have to be on main page)
  • the delivery format is HTML5 + CSS, you can also use preprocessors (jade, stylus, ...)
  • the code has to be valid, clean, light, components well-named (e.g. header, main-form, description, etc.)
  • no Javascript/Flash/ any server technology (php, database) etc is allowed - just plain HTML5 + CSS
  • frameworks are allowed as long as they are not too heavy (Bootstrap is fine) and don't require javascript
  • incoming user has to understand the concept and working of the service at once he enters the main page

Escrow is held by monbux and can be seen in this post.

If you can't code, but can make a brilliant design, you can still join for the first stage only under conditions stated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1138928.msg12011763#msg12011763
riseDARK

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:25:58 PM

Is it okay if we show you the design and after that you ask escrow to release half payment, then we start coding ?

Because working whole site upfront is bit annoying.
washbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 03:51:22 PM

Is it okay if we show you the design and after that you ask escrow to release half payment, then we start coding ?

Because working whole site upfront is bit annoying.

Yes, the rules were changed to accommodate for this. Please reread the main post.
riseDARK

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:56:30 PM

Okay nice. I will post my entry soon Smiley
jinxEDG

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:09:36 PM

Just to clear out things, for the fist stage of the contest, you only want the .JPEG preview or you also want the main page coded?

Also, do you want to keep using Bootstrap? If not, can we use any framework we want? Or you don't want frameworks?
washbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:16:22 PM

Just to clear out things, for the fist stage of the contest, you only want the .JPEG preview or you also want the main page coded?

Also, do you want to keep using Bootstrap? If not, can we use any framework we want? Or you don't want frameworks?

For the first stage, picture preview is fine. By posting the design you are saying that you can and will code it, if you're the winner.

Frameworks are fine as long they are not heavy (Bootstrap is fine) and don't need javascript.
jinxEDG

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:33:03 PM

Alright, just one last thing before I start working on this. Will you also need coding for the back-end washing script? Or you will provide the current scripts and we have to just implement them in the new website?
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:43:55 PM

Can I do this with PHP CodeIgniter ?

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a new web design for washbit bitcoin cleaning service, to give it a new fresh, good and unique feel. The service can be found here:

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
jinxEDG

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:57:07 PM

Can I do this with PHP CodeIgniter ?

Hello everyone

I don't have experience with CodeIgniter in particular but I believe it uses JavaScript, which OP stated he doesn't want.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 05:25:40 PM

Who escrowed 1BTC?

washbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 06:09:55 PM

Who escrowed 1BTC?
I'm waiting for response from master-p and monbux, after the money is in the escrow, they will write to this thread.
washbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 06:14:13 PM

Alright, just one last thing before I start working on this. Will you also need coding for the back-end washing script? Or you will provide the current scripts and we have to just implement them in the new website?

No, your job is to do only the design - facade. I won't provide any current scripts. If you need current HTML and CSS, you can easily obtain that from the source on the server.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

I have been contacted by the OP and have agreed to escrow this.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3462

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 07:06:38 PM

Hi , I'm wondering is there a chance that I could join the contest , I can design a web template but regarding the coding I only know a little of html and regarding css I don't know anything

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
washbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 08:27:28 PM

Hi , I'm wondering is there a chance that I could join the contest , I can design a web template but regarding the coding I only know a little of html and regarding css I don't know anything

Hmm, in that case, yes, you can join for the first stage only under following conditions:
You will receive only the price for the first stage, you cannot participate or claim the price for second stage and,
if you're the winner, you will also make designs (in the same way as in stage 1) of other required pages in the same look & feel, but won't receive any additional reward.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 08:14:27 AM

Spot reserved :-)
riseDARK

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:24:33 PM

Here is the preview of my template : https://i.imgur.com/KyrmrXb.png

- Any changes will be happily done.

- I can provide psd file for this template plus coding in html/css as asked if chose.

Please let me know your views for it, and the size for the template can be fixed as per need Smiley
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 10:03:15 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

This is monbux from bitcointalk.org and I confirm that I will be acting as escrow for Washbit's web design contest located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1138928.0

I will be holding the 1 BTC prize funds on this trezor secured address: 1NBCaZqP1Jf4C6j5zhJsRyrxuvf1HK4Ryu

Please note that the terms and conditions have been stated by user "washbit", the original poster and host of the contest:
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The rules of the contest are in the thread.
After 07/08/15 I will select 3 best designs, and people will receive reward as follows:
1st place - 0.3 BTC
2nd place - 0.1 BTC
3rd place - 0.05 BTC

After that, the winner will make the pages itself in HTML / CSS (have to comply to rules stated) and after I accept it, he will receive the remaining balance - 0.55 BTC. I can of course ask him to make amendments/corrections or in grave instances reject the submission (it does not comply to the rules) and in that case the work will not be used on the site (however I own the design itself and might ask someone else to make the pages according to the design). In the case of rejection, you'd be the judge and I will tell you the exact reasons why I rejected it."

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a problem were to arise, I will act as the mediator (and judge) and release the BTC to the party/parties with the most concrete (strongest) evidence.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me via PM or posting on this thread.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.34
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJVu/CUAAoJEAc+fowFxS8MxHMH+QHUcefChJYOrVL44K6xYDK2
30Sco/yuDq/dtevQmAKb3Eev3hqcAjC+FWHabyAncQRKa4V/tDr7jb0E8uDOSKpF
BWnqSFXswtlAwsdhXXJRbxZeJyBN79U58E9O1mBesYXPN1FmxE8Xb6nUTat9BpKa
ZxBUKfUTyZOCYmMPwr7Myf9rk1gbmc6KqBq6VuYGPQkWHP5PrWJtmsSNPc57zRFX
cb+g3Ke8t17MsMxgT8I4Nh5Vq8Fsck7UPPHnFRTQisxzfN7FBs1tYau7ujF3a57y
JEVR26NIa6TUWrpJsTK6ti+pPq/ZH0B9pJ1dTvljbJZj4G/7/dvq6MS2/+O/+ZQ=
=Cn9S
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
dev_guru

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:58:44 AM

Hello,

I have started working on this. Any chance you can end the first stage quicker?
Dexon

Activity: 230
Merit: 154

I'm a web dev :D

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 05:25:02 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 06:15:40 AM by Dexon

Hey, that's a fun contest. Even if there's no javascript. (Why, by the way? Is it to prevent xss injection ?)

Here's my work: ( https://i.imgur.com/MC9KYrf.png )

Wanna add something? Change something? Tell me Wink

Good day,
http://dexontech.net/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: