Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Karpeles finally getting some Japanese style justice - hang 'em high  (Read 5401 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:56:21 AM

They should take that fat piece shit's car, have it crushed into a block and chained to his ankle as part of his punishment.

well, that is a bit rough isnt it?

Well it depends. I guess there are a lot people who like to do similiar things to him.
In the end I hope he gets what he deserves. I heard japanese prisons can be quite hard.
No speaking allowed the whole day except 15 minutes after having lunch. Hope he gets deported in this special one.Sorry don't know the name of that bastille.The big thick dude between all those crazy Yakuzas! Hope he shits his pans! Grin
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:04:42 AM

AWESOME!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin

It's on youtube guys!!! Report by CNN!
Watch and celebrate!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64IescsTR4

I had to see it to believe it ! From what i was reading in op, i thought this is another barking session against M.K. but this time
it seams the justice will be served. Even tho theres still trial to go through, i believe he will serve the time and fine for what
he has done to mt.gox users and bitcoin reputation.

cheers
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:07:27 AM

I noticed that Mark's bitcointalk account  MagicalTux: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2134 has been online very recently.

I wonder what that was all about, or whether he has been active all this time?

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:13:37 AM

I noticed that Mark's bitcointalk account  MagicalTux: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2134 has been online very recently.

Maybe he's still getting pm's regarding accounts and claims, and is enjoying in the mess he created.
He was/is active, but he still did not remove the "Exchange bitcoins on mtgox!" from his signature, insane. It just shows how he doesn't even care what he's done.

cheers
redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1858
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:17:55 AM

Free Mark Karpeles!

lol jkjk let that fat ass die in a cage.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:27:23 AM

Maybe he's still getting pm's regarding accounts and claims, and is enjoying in the mess he created.
He was/is active, but he still did not remove the "Exchange bitcoins on mtgox!" from his signature, insane. It just shows how he doesn't even care what he's done.

cheers

It's a sad state of affairs for an exchange of that stature to have fallen from grace leaving so many out of pocket and a bad impression for those outside of Bitcoin.

I wonder how the price would have fluctuated had there not have been the tampered trading data.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:38:46 AM

cheers

It's a sad state of affairs for an exchange of that stature to have fallen from grace leaving so many out of pocket and a bad impression for those outside of Bitcoin.

I wonder how the price would have fluctuated had there not have been the tampered trading data.

Probably around where it is now.
It does of course, also depend on market manipulators, which is probably why we are not seeing higher prices IMO.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:46:14 AM

Looking forward to see what he's accused of in the next few days. I bet they have enough for the accusation.

Having stolen the coins or not, one thing is certain: he lost control of thousand of Bitcoins from customers.
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:10:45 PM

Well this was only a matter of time and something most of us suspected. Now my only question is will they find enough evidence to prosecute him. Surprised he didn't leave the country or disappear to be honest.

I've got a feeling that cap is now going to become a meme. It's quite unusual.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:23:30 PM

Japanese Prison is like the white collar prison's in the USA ..it is gonna be a cake walk if he has to serve ..imho.... not to mention he will probably be out early too boot
 if convicted..hell all he really has to do is guide them to the BTC he stashed or whatever is left...and make a deal imho ..anyway correct me if I'm wrong would like
 to see him serve in a prison system not too 'comfy' Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_system_of_Japan

Although according to the below link he could be making 'Hello Kitty' Items in prison ...seems they do that kinda thing ( a guy can hope so) Smiley

https://www.japantoday.com/smartphone/view/kuchikomi/prison-made-goods-struggle-to-find-consumer-niche

edit: then again I just found this...he may be in for a more hard ass way of making Hello Kitty stuff (I kid you not) then I thought

http://aminkamil5c.weebly.com/japanese-prison.html#/

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:34:55 PM

A good read here and here Roll Eyes

The rest of the topic is also interesting.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:46:05 PM

I wonder what will happen to those people who haven't got their money back yet? Will they be just goners and go into the corner and cry? This is bad for those people who are still waiting to get at least a fraction of their bitcoins from gox

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:17:47 PM

I wonder what will happen to those people who haven't got their money back yet? Will they be just goners and go into the corner and cry? This is bad for those people who are still waiting to get at least a fraction of their bitcoins from gox

I think it depends how much money remains after selling the mtgox/tibanne assets.

Firstly they pay for all the liabilities and expenses and creditors will be the last to get anything.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:30:09 PM

Probably around where it is now.
It does of course, also depend on market manipulators, which is probably why we are not seeing higher prices IMO.

Curious to know if the price would have hit the high that it did, I suppose we will never know.

Yeah the price being much lower isn't too surprising, given the profit takers as well as the constant manipulation.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:31:27 PM

I find the whole fiat thing the most intriguing. Where did it go? Why hasn't it been traced? There must have been a very substantial amount of it and unless it's under his tamagotchi collection it must be somewhere.
Jorge320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:38:30 PM

What has taken the Japanese so long to gather evidence and investigate the Gox affair?  This thing has dragged for years and now there an arrest (btw with major issues surrounding if the charges will actually stick), just boggles the mind...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:40:28 PM

What has taken the Japanese so long to gather evidence and investigate the Gox affair?  This thing has dragged for years and now there an arrest (btw with major issues surrounding if the charges will actually stick), just boggles the mind...

The Japanese conviction rate is over 99%. That's not actually very reassuring if they're out to get you, but I guess they like to be thorough in the extreme before dropping the hammer.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:41:15 PM

Mark's been a bad kid.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:46:03 PM

This isn't justice it's a dog and pony show. The justice happens when everyone he stole from gets their money back and the video of him getting ass raped in a U.S. prison goes viral.

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:53:12 PM

This isn't justice it's a dog and pony show. The justice happens when everyone he stole from gets their money back and the video of him getting ass raped in a U.S. prison goes viral.

Maybe not. Maybe this is proof of how secure a brain wallet is under Japanese interrogation procedures...

(But yes right now it's a dog and pony show. And why are there always copious amounts of people whenever there are photos or footage from Japan?! Why is he arrested in a crowd and not in a dark alley?!)  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: