Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big investors blocked by mediocrity of BTC market  (Read 720 times)
DuddlyDoRight (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 01:18:43 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 01:36:15 AM by DuddlyDoRight

How do you buy 4000.0BTC inside two weeks? Any method of transaction..

Run around with local sellers and hope you get a 300 or so sellers in time you say?

Make that 24 hours..

EDIT: I'm not actually buying. This is a challenge that shows how poorly BTC market actually performs. It's *mostly* just people losing money on inflated buys and fees because it's kewl to have a wallet balance that doesn't really buy anything when flowed back to fiat..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:15:10 AM

uh, if you have not any problem with ID then on any big exchange you can buy as many as you want, 4k is still a drop in the water

but if you have problem with ID and general verification, then the only solution would be privately
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:14:28 PM

How do you buy 4000.0BTC inside two weeks? Any method of transaction..

Run around with local sellers and hope you get a 300 or so sellers in time you say?

Make that 24 hours..

EDIT: I'm not actually buying. This is a challenge that shows how poorly BTC market actually performs. It's *mostly* just people losing money on inflated buys and fees because it's kewl to have a wallet balance that doesn't really buy anything when flowed back to fiat..

Well the las I've heard is that exchanges do exist, where you can buy and sell coins just like you can buy and sell stocks, commodities, etc..

So you get on the exchange and you buy as many as you wish, and trust me there are many coins to be bought on these exchanges.
DuddlyDoRight (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:21:05 PM

I don't think you guys got it.. 4000.0 BTC not $4,000. That's $1,000,000.00 worth of BTC..

No way anyone is going to buy this without a face to face unless verified and reputable TM or LLC.. Dividing up the buys with multiple sellers is also a headache, the biggest roller I've ever seen on local exchange was only selling $50,000.00 and looked kind of shady..

My personal method is Electrum wallet on Tails OS or Android(5.1 with FDE) and physical meetups where I have the cash or a bank money order. This is likely how such a high roller would do it too since it's the most secure method. I'm not sure why anyone would use personal identification with BTC unless it was a virtual exchange, and virtual exchanges are too risky and too capped.. If you can't verify block-chain confirmations there with the seller present it's a idiotic exchange method.

I also carry a 9mm with me on these deals for anyone who wants to bring up the risk of easy robbery. I go with reviewed sellers too.

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:46:33 AM

I don't think you guys got it.. 4000.0 BTC not $4,000. That's $1,000,000.00 worth of BTC..

No way anyone is going to buy this without a face to face unless verified and reputable TM or LLC.. Dividing up the buys with multiple sellers is also a headache, the biggest roller I've ever seen on local exchange was only selling $50,000.00 and looked kind of shady..

My personal method is Electrum wallet on Tails OS or Android(5.1 with FDE) and physical meetups where I have the cash or a bank money order. This is likely how such a high roller would do it too since it's the most secure method. I'm not sure why anyone would use personal identification with BTC unless it was a virtual exchange, and virtual exchanges are too risky and too capped.. If you can't verify block-chain confirmations there with the seller present it's a idiotic exchange method.

I also carry a 9mm with me on these deals for anyone who wants to bring up the risk of easy robbery. I go with reviewed sellers too.

No, everyone understood you meant 4000 BTC I think. That is not a whole incredible amount. That is about 1/3 of todays volume at Bitfinex. If someone put up a 4000 BTC buy order at a decent price, I bet it would get filled within a day.
DuddlyDoRight (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 06:16:30 AM

No, everyone understood you meant 4000 BTC I think. That is not a whole incredible amount. That is about 1/3 of todays volume at Bitfinex. If someone put up a 4000 BTC buy order at a decent price, I bet it would get filled within a day.

If you start making 100k a year in your teens you make around 5 million before you die or get too old..... Most people in Holywood have a net worth of less than ten-million after decades in..... 1 million is a lot

I've yet to see a trade or exchange site that can even handle over tens of thousands in a day. If I put up a 10,000-20,000 buy or sell on LocalBitcoin people get flakey/scared..

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:48:01 PM

If you start making 100k a year in your teens you make around 5 million before you die or get too old..... Most people in Holywood have a net worth of less than ten-million after decades in..... 1 million is a lot

I've yet to see a trade or exchange site that can even handle over tens of thousands in a day. If I put up a 10,000-20,000 buy or sell on LocalBitcoin people get flakey/scared..

Don't know where you live but such trades between individuals, specially if made with cash, are illegal in many countries.

I'm not going to say that a million dollars is peanuts, but you want even move the price with that kind of order on exchanges, and you can make that buy pretty quick, not counting transferring the money, current trade volume is around 50k bitcoins a day, if you spread the buy between the top 3 exchanges it will get filled pretty quick.

DuddlyDoRight (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 11:06:13 PM

Don't know where you live but such trades between individuals, specially if made with cash, are illegal in many countries.

I'm not going to say that a million dollars is peanuts, but you want even move the price with that kind of order on exchanges, and you can make that buy pretty quick, not counting transferring the money, current trade volume is around 50k bitcoins a day, if you spread the buy between the top 3 exchanges it will get filled pretty quick.

People buying at that amount given the history of BTC aren't doing it for profit from selling at profit or trading at profit. They're doing it to transfer an amount to a buyer or seller who will then likely put it through a tumbler and do sales.

If anything considered tax-evasion by most governments was off-limits this forum and blockchain data would be a lot smaller.. I was just pointing out how there was no actual support for large transfers by any exchange or seller so the market is capped anyway..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: