Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc2Ripple closed for US citizens  (Read 1195 times)
Sumo (OP)

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:02:16 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 03:33:10 AM by Sumo

Emails were just sent out. First example of how regulation can cripple crypto currency.

Important update for US persons

Dear customer,

We are emailing you because you have signed up to connect your Ripple account to the Bitcoin network via the btc2ripple gateway.

(If this doesn't sound familiar to you, you probably either signed up on Ripple Trade or on the website btc2ripple.com).

We have an important update to our Terms of Service. We are discontinuing the btc2ripple service for US residents. All non-US customers will have full access to our service as usual.

What does this mean for me?

If you are not a US person:
You are not affected. You can continue to make BTC deposits and withdrawals using Ripple Trade

If you are a US person:

Starting Sept 1, 2015, you will not be able to make BTC deposits to your Ripple Trade account or make BTC withdrawals currency on the Ripple Network.
All operations within Ripple Network (sending, trading, exchange) are not affected by the change.
How to withdraw funds from Ripple Trade
In order to withdraw BTC, you need your Ripple Trade account to be verified. We advise you to verify the account in advance since it may take several days for the Ripple Trade team to verify your account.
JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:37:43 AM

No responses?  Wasn't this the number 2 crypto?   Huh  Grin

Sometimes the best threads are those without responses.

JBC Japan Bitcoin
Sumo (OP)

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:51:40 AM

Lol no doubt. I guess their merger with Western Union might be off the table now.  Roll Eyes

What does this say about all exchanges? I mean this pretty much was an exchange issue. Are exchanges in US going to have to move their services abroad? Is the US making it too difficult for them to function properly and operate?
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:54:55 AM

Lol no doubt. I guess their merger with Western Union might be off the table now.  Roll Eyes

What does this say about all exchanges? I mean this pretty much was an exchange issue. Are exchanges in US going to have to move their services abroad? Is the US making it too difficult for them to function properly and operate?

Naw. Coinbase and Circle have far better management than Ripple Lab's team - they won't make the same mistakes.

PirateButtercup

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:06:03 AM

It doesn't say Ripple Trade is not available to US citizens.

It says the gateway called "BTC2Ripple" will no longer be available to US citizens.

This is most likely necessary to be compliant with FINCEN regulations.  

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 03:30:07 PM

It doesn't say Ripple Trade is not available to US citizens.

It says the gateway called "BTC2Ripple" will no longer be available to US citizens.

This is most likely necessary to be compliant with FINCEN regulations.  

And FATCA, KYC sufficiency, and FCPA and Withholding Agents, and a bunch of other regulatory barriers to doing business with US victimscitizens.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 04:20:26 PM

That's where I see it going.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:18:20 PM

Shameless plug here; if you need a ripple gateway for cryptocurrencies then https://dividendrippler.com might be what you are looking for Wink
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:22:43 PM

It looks like the US is going to lose out big time on crypto by imposing all these regulations. They had a good change to be one of the crypto financial hubs, but I don't see that happening anymore.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:48:57 PM

It looks like the US is going to lose out big time on crypto by imposing all these regulations. They had a good change to be one of the crypto financial hubs, but I don't see that happening anymore.

genuine p2p currencies should be indifferent to gov regs, kinda part of the point. corporate try to be new world bankers may lose out.....awww lets all shed a tear  Kiss
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:58:55 PM

If you are talking about bitlicense, It only apply to N.Y, Talk  about alls US citizens is different, Maybe they had another reason.
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:03:34 PM

Seems like a main hub will be Luxembourg.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: