Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:17:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Hacked Ann.  (Read 726 times)
tekyboy (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

TekyBoy Crypto Services

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:49:57 AM

Guys my account under the name of limar (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=514989) has been hacked this morning and it seems i cant retrieve it back. email addy already changed with the security question. i already notified theymos to delete that account after providing all previous information (if he cant recover it).

Just wanted to notify other mods too should any suspicious activity will be done under captioned profile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:06:59 AM

Well if he can delete it then he can recover it as well. You need to post a signed message from a BTC address that was used on that account.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tekyboy (OP)

TekyBoy Crypto Services

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:09:09 AM

Well if he can delete it then he can recover it as well. You need to post a signed message from a BTC address that was used on that account.

that is the problem i dont rmbr address, well account ranking wasnt that high that i would feel sorry for loosing it. and i ll definately sign this account and stake in one of the thread i have seen somewhere Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:15:03 AM

I've quickly searched through your posts and it does not seem like you have posted any address ever. Have you messaged anyone and posted it there or anything?
Unless you can provide a signed message, theymos can't do much for you.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

I've quickly searched through your posts and it does not seem like you have posted any address ever. Have you messaged anyone and posted it there or anything?
I see that the only address he posted is for an altcoin. Do you think it would be acceptable if he signed a message using that altcoin's address?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:02:00 PM

I see that the only address he posted is for an altcoin. Do you think it would be acceptable if he signed a message using that altcoin's address?

It's far better then nothing.  BTC from a staked address is preferred, please anyone if you have not staked a safe address go do it now.

OP are you able to sign with the alt coin address?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:26:13 PM

It's far better then nothing.  BTC from a staked address is preferred, please anyone if you have not staked a safe address go do it now.

Just ran into this thread and realized that I haven't staked my account, I actually didn't know this was even possible.

So I have just done it. Whoever didn't do it, better do it asap. OP, sorry for your loss. I hope you will recover your account with that alt address.
tekyboy (OP)

TekyBoy Crypto Services

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:07:17 PM

thanks guys for your concerns i dont rmbr if i had posted any alt addr there and how to get pgp signed msg Smiley any advise

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:48:45 AM

thanks guys for your concerns i dont rmbr if i had posted any alt addr there and how to get pgp signed msg Smiley any advise
Here is the address you posted: XPch9Yha78Yw9GJ6pSdffP1UngaL3KHgML. It is for BnrtxCoin.
The post is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094221.msg11689205#msg11689205 and quoted below
whoever got the block via solomining share his/her getmininginfo pls, i want to evaluate how long this CPU will take to get one block

mine info is below and donation address is XPch9Yha78Yw9GJ6pSdffP1UngaL3KHgML

{
"blocks" : 3064,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1.11497695,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 18790,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

To sign a message, open the Core wallet, go to File > Sign Message and enter in the top bar the address, in the middle text box your message which should say your current user name, your hacked username, and the date. Then click the Sign Message button and copy and post the signature which is generated in the bottom bar. Post the address as well as the message when you post the signature.

tekyboy (OP)

TekyBoy Crypto Services

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 05:53:50 AM

Here is the address you posted: XPch9Yha78Yw9GJ6pSdffP1UngaL3KHgML. It is for BnrtxCoin.
The post is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094221.msg11689205#msg11689205 and quoted below
whoever got the block via solomining share his/her getmininginfo pls, i want to evaluate how long this CPU will take to get one block

mine info is below and donation address is XPch9Yha78Yw9GJ6pSdffP1UngaL3KHgML

{
"blocks" : 3064,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1.11497695,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 18790,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

To sign a message, open the Core wallet, go to File > Sign Message and enter in the top bar the address, in the middle text box your message which should say your current user name, your hacked username, and the date. Then click the Sign Message button and copy and post the signature which is generated in the bottom bar. Post the address as well as the message when you post the signature.

thanks for the advise but i had deleted wallet long back since this coin wasnt worth to keep, i ll wait if HH will reply back otherwise i guess i have keep rmbr this as a cruel experience Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 07:42:17 AM

Well this really depends. A BTC signed message is preferred for a reason. They have to go through extra trouble to verify a signed message from some random altcoin.

Correct. However, it is nowhere in comparison to a BTC address. This should be a reminder to everyone to post their BTC address here.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: