Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: base32LGT - Embed 60 % more text data in blockchain  (Read 932 times)
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:32:28 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 07:46:19 AM by spndr7

base32LGT - Javascript Encoder/Decoder

Github

base32LGT

Live Demo

64 byte lowercase general text data could be converted to 40 byte hexadecimal using base32LGT.

This could be used for OP_RETURN operand as null data, in a transaction. Thus, effectively carrying 64 byte lowercase general text data.

melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:26:02 PM

No doubt we are all here to learn but spndr7, please explain a little more about this your project because it seems technically too high for me and I know it might be the same to some people here also.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:27:30 PM

No doubt we are all here to learn but spndr7, please explain a little more about this your project because it seems technically too high for me and I know it might be the same to some people here also.

This is a character encoding that increases the data that can be stored in a 40 byte OP_RETURN transaction. It only works with a limited set of input characters (lowercase)

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
melisande

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:30:03 PM

Please where can 40 byte OP_RETURN transaction be used?
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:35:36 PM

All you need to do is make a txn with an OP_RETURN script. Just create a raw txn, sign, and broadcast. The spec can be found by searching around; I don't have a link at the moment.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
melisande

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:41:02 PM

All you need to do is make a txn with an OP_RETURN script. Just create a raw txn, sign, and broadcast. The spec can be found by searching around; I don't have a link at the moment.
I am sorry for all my questions it is because I don't understand even right now I don't get it still but I will wait for other people to comment on this whether I might learn and pick up from it.
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 08:42:55 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 08:54:12 PM by spndr7

The easiest way to create OP_RETURN transaction is through coinb.in, The steps are -

1. Go to https://coinb.in/#newTransaction or download it from github for off-line usage.

2. Paste in your address, then click load to fetch received transactions/unspent outputs. (Internet connection needed)

3. Check the INPUTS you want to use.

4. Click on advance options, check Null Data field
    - Allow data to be sent within the transaction and stored in the blockchain by using OP_RETURN.

5. Open the OUTPUTS tab, create a transaction, probably to your own address. In amount field, subtract fees (0.0001 BTC).

6. Create another transaction, this time write hex data in place of address. Fill-in 0 in the amount field.

7. Carefully check fees, then click submit to CREATE TRANSACTION.

8. Copy this transaction,  in the SIGN tab, and use your private key to sign.

9. Copy the signed transaction, VERIFY everything is correct, then BROADCAST it.

https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#standard-transactions
Null data pubkey scripts let you add a small amount of arbitrary data to the block chain in exchange for paying a transaction fee, but doing so is discouraged. (Null data is a standard pubkey script type only because some people were adding data to the block chain in more harmful ways.)

Pubkey Script: OP_RETURN <0 to 40 bytes of data>
(Null data scripts cannot be spent, so there's no signature script.)

Note -

1. Currently coinb.in supports maximum of 39 bytes of Null Data.

2. No. of Hex alphabets (0-9,a-f) must be even.

melisande

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:36:00 AM

The easiest way to create OP_RETURN transaction is through coinb.in, The steps are -

1. Go to https://coinb.in/#newTransaction or download it from github for off-line usage.

2. Paste in your address, then click load to fetch received transactions/unspent outputs. (Internet connection needed)

3. Check the INPUTS you want to use.

4. Click on advance options, check Null Data field
    - Allow data to be sent within the transaction and stored in the blockchain by using OP_RETURN.

5. Open the OUTPUTS tab, create a transaction, probably to your own address. In amount field, subtract fees (0.0001 BTC).

6. Create another transaction, this time write hex data in place of address. Fill-in 0 in the amount field.

7. Carefully check fees, then click submit to CREATE TRANSACTION.

8. Copy this transaction,  in the SIGN tab, and use your private key to sign.

9. Copy the signed transaction, VERIFY everything is correct, then BROADCAST it.

https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#standard-transactions
Null data pubkey scripts let you add a small amount of arbitrary data to the block chain in exchange for paying a transaction fee, but doing so is discouraged. (Null data is a standard pubkey script type only because some people were adding data to the block chain in more harmful ways.)

Pubkey Script: OP_RETURN <0 to 40 bytes of data>
(Null data scripts cannot be spent, so there's no signature script.)

Note -

1. Currently coinb.in supports maximum of 39 bytes of Null Data.

2. No. of Hex alphabets (0-9,a-f) must be even.

This is used to create pubkey signature for transactions?
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 11:21:53 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 12:44:56 PM by spndr7

Null data is also a public key script, which means, it can be used in place of address.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script#Provably_Unspendable.2FPrunable_Outputs

This is used to add a small amount of arbitrary data to the block chain.

melisande

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:33:58 AM

Null data is also a public key script, which means, it can be used in place of address.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Script#Provably_Unspendable.2FPrunable_Outputs

This used to add a small amount of arbitrary data to the block chain.

I am very close to this thread because I understand that I have a lot to learn besides your scripts seems to me to be very useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: