Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:27:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Participants wanted for the study on Bitcoin user experience and perceptions  (Read 693 times)
wwubitcoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:53:40 PM

Dear Bitcoin users and enthusiasts,

as part of a research project at the Department of Information Systems of the University of Münster, Germany, I invite you to participate in our study on Bitcoin user experience. Your answers will provide valuable input to the current body of knowledge about usage habits and potentials of virtual currencies.

It will take about 20 minutes of your time to complete the survey. The questionnaire is available in English and German. Your responses will be collected exclusively for academic research and published in an anonymous and aggregate form only.

I'd greatly appreciate if you forward this invitation to others who might also be interested in this study. Thank you very much for your contribution!

Please click on the link to start the questionnaire in English or German.

Regards,
Svetlana Abramova, M.Sc.
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:12:30 PM

I'd like to be a part of your research Svetlana. I'll participate this as soon as I go back to my home.

wwubitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:03:05 PM

I'd like to be a part of your research Svetlana. I'll participate this as soon as I go back to my home.
Thank all of you who already filled out the survey! Others are welcome to do so, of course.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:09:40 PM

there is a small reward for this? because time is money you know, i believe that if you can offer a small reward you can have a better sample , more significant

there were already other survey that offered a reward in bitcoin in the past
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:27:44 PM

I have gladly done this. Thanks for taking your time and dealing with us, the Bitcoin.
All of this is in my opinion a road we need to take towards the mass adoption, and for us, the Bitcoiners, this is at least we should do.
It is great that Bitcoin has already found ways into universities, researches, and etc..
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:09:23 PM

@wwubitcoin

eine der besten Umfragen die ich bisher ausgefüllt habe  Smiley

viel glück.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:53:58 PM

there is a small reward for this? because time is money you know, i believe that if you can offer a small reward you can have a better sample , more significant

there were already other survey that offered a reward in bitcoin in the past

This. If you pay something symbolic like a faucet or something, you will get a lot more people doing it. Of course there is a risk that it's the same person doing it a ton of times just to get more BTC. A true waste of time but I guess there are desperate enough people to do that plus it could be victim of bots.. hard to say.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:46:03 PM

I just finished it and it took a long time. I think you should give out a small reward to those who finish the survey. Also, will the results be publicly available?

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:55:37 PM

When your survey is complete, please come back here to share your results with us. Researchers come here often asking for the time and thoughts of the community here and rarely, if ever, do they return to share what they've learned.

We'd all appreciate learning from the findings of your study, it's a fair trade for our time.

Thanks and good luck!

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:25:46 PM

I like how researchers are only registering on Bitcointalk while conducting bitcoin research. They post 1 post with their survey and they are gone...
I never seen anyone with higher status account asking for help in research. What do you think does that mean guys? I feel little exploited this way.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:39:35 PM

I like how researchers are only registering on Bitcointalk while conducting bitcoin research. They post 1 post with their survey and they are gone...
I never seen anyone with higher status account asking for help in research. What do you think does that mean guys? I feel little exploited this way.
As long as the survey is legit and doesn't contain any malicious reason behind it be it an evil agenda or bad code in the html.. then whats the problem? they don't need to be hero members to conduct some survey.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:59:24 PM

done with the survey  Smiley
any reward like a few satoshis maybe?
just kidding but if are generous and giving, my BTC address is at my profile Smiley
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:05:45 PM

done with the survey  Smiley
any reward like a few satoshis maybe?
just kidding but if are generous and giving, my BTC address is at my profile Smiley

If it will be a little reward it will be more interesting the thing and the results will be more credible. People will be responsible about their answers and there will be many many more people which will fill the form. In this way the results will be more credible and more near the truth. I know that the research is paid and there is nothing bad is some of those money go to those which give their contribute to find what needed to be founded.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:07:46 PM

Well, i am not asking for money but one guy did the same thing and collected 200 participants so easy by sending 0.005 BTC to each (1 BTC in total) Cheesy You might do the same? More people will participate and they will "Happily" participate Smiley

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:14:43 PM

Well they are just researchers, not bitcoin user I guess. They just want to do anything related to their study and after they already getting all, they wont care with any more again. Anyway I will take a look at this questionnaire when I have free time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
g1974ak

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:36:54 PM

Well they are just researchers, not bitcoin user I guess. They just want to do anything related to their study and after they already getting all, they wont care with any more again. Anyway I will take a look at this questionnaire when I have free time.

The question is: deserve that people all attention of all the bitcoin community when they don't care about them? Or to tell better: care about them only when are in need. They take money for their research and don't give nothing to those which practically realize their research. Seems like a exploitation. And it is not few time. Needed 20 min but I'm sure that it will need more.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:00:08 PM

The question is: deserve that people all attention of all the bitcoin community when they don't care about them? Or to tell better: care about them only when are in need. They take money for their research and don't give nothing to those which practically realize their research. Seems like a exploitation. And it is not few time. Needed 20 min but I'm sure that it will need more.
Yeah, there were some researchers have made the study for bitcoin in this forum, but they never share it afaik. Maybe they will make a journal for their research about bitcoin, but we have to purchase it if we want to know about the research.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
wwubitcoin (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:11:50 PM

We'll certainly make summary information of the findings available to the public later on. I also noticed that researchers rarely shared the study results on this forum. Probably, some of them didn't publish them due to a small sample size at the end.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:05:44 PM

We'll certainly make summary information of the findings available to the public later on. I also noticed that researchers rarely shared the study results on this forum. Probably, some of them didn't publish them due to a small sample size at the end.
We dont need a high quality result for those researches, we just curious about that. Its okay if its only sample size, hope you will share it no matter how much your participants in the end.
And it spent more than 30 mins for me to do that questionnaire and I think some of your questions is too personal. Anyway good luck for your study.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████