Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining with a regular computer profitable?  (Read 1610 times)
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:11:20 PM

I've never mined before but i am looking into it. Is it possible to make a profit mining cryptocurrencies with an average computer? I have read a decent amount about mining, and I know its not a get rich quick scheme, but are there any currencies where mining is actually profitable without ASIC or a powerful computer. If so, what currencies would you recommend to start mining?
mining has long been a loss. have a profit only those who sell mining equipment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:48:52 PM

I've never mined before but i am looking into it. Is it possible to make a profit mining cryptocurrencies with an average computer? I have read a decent amount about mining, and I know its not a get rich quick scheme, but are there any currencies where mining is actually profitable without ASIC or a powerful computer. If so, what currencies would you recommend to start mining?

if you want to use mining CPU to get profit :
1. First, you should pay attention to CPU processor, see in task manager if using windows OS, when mining performance "CPU USAGE" will be 90% -100%. For a long-term time, you should regularly change paste processor. Keep in mind the pasta cost.
2. Secondly, the electricity for your mining should be free.
3. thirdly, the internet for mining you should be free.

therefore most people are already using GPU or ASIC.
Turner223

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

Just mine coins before they go to the moon and it's always profitable.
t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:09:19 PM

I managed to make a small profit from mining on 2-3 "average" computers. This was mostly because I kept a watchful eye for new coins that I thought could catch on and hopped in on mining them immediately. I guess I just got lucky; I easily could have just wasted a bunch of time and power mining one of the many coins that goes nowhere.
Turner223

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:20:41 PM

Maybe check the creation date of the thread: July 31, 2015, 05:38:54 PM

Just mine coins before they go to the moon and it's always profitable.

Mining the most profitable coin and buying the coin your speculating in makes even more sense.

True, but new coins not on any exchanges are risky to buy with peer-to-peer transactions and generally have more upside than coins with established open-market value.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:48:56 PM

I managed to make a small profit from mining on 2-3 "average" computers. This was mostly because I kept a watchful eye for new coins that I thought could catch on and hopped in on mining them immediately. I guess I just got lucky; I easily could have just wasted a bunch of time and power mining one of the many coins that goes nowhere.

How about the current value of that coon and electricity amount you spare for mining that coin on your computer. Please do research mining calculator and check whether it is profitable on crytocompare or anytinhg else.
You will not get the profit even a 1 percent at all. Perfect lose only you are getting now. May be that coin you mine may take 5 years or more to reach one USD wait until that.
chandrarahmadewa

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:46:33 AM

CPU mining is only really profitable for some relatively new CPU-only coins.
Otherwise the profit will be really low.

Where do you get free electricity/internet? lol
And I don't know any server provider changing thermal compound regularly and servers are also running 24/7.
In general I'd say CPU mining is only really profitable if your PC is running 24/7 anyway or if you're combining it with GPU mining.

Your opinion is correct, electricity and internet are not free. I just think if electricity and free internet are possible with mining CPU will get a profit hehe.

but there's a friend of mine; he's doing CPU mining in government offices, internet and electricity to be free, during mining in that place.
erre1965

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:19:58 AM

is it Aeon proftable mining with a regular computer?
chandrarahmadewa

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:22:29 AM

government offices - well, let's see if it was worth it when he will get caught  Grin

At least for my i7 6700k I can tell you that I'm earning ~ 15.28 $ per Week by mining this coin:
https://crds.co/

In combination with GPU-mining it's a nice 'bonus'.

Regards,
Nestade

I am very grateful to you for the information. I will inform my friend about it, but I do not know what processor he uses for his mining.

If electricity and internet are free, 15.28 $ is a fantastic number, hehe. thanks Nestade
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:41:52 AM

The idea of mining coins attracts everyone. But agree that the price of coins will be very low if everyone will be able to easily extract them. Forget this idea or buy expensive equipment designed for cryptocurrency mining. You can choose between mining with ASIC or GPU. But to get the coins on the old computer is not possible.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: