Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:50:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block erupter USB?  (Read 845 times)
Dmc123dmc (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Time is the one thing you can't run from

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:29:16 PM

I'm posting this out of curiosity. How many colours of block erupter were made? I came across a few in a desk drawer the other day that were blue and silver ones. I might buy a few more to complete the set for the "bitcoin museum" I am collecting in obsololete hardware.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:19:26 PM

6 colours I think:
Silver, Black, Gold, Blue, Red and Pink
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:00:46 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 08:10:22 PM by TheRealSteve

Note that besides colors, there's also different surface finishes (non-finished, matte and spun metal) and prints (only the Bitcoin symbol, or also the CE/RoHS/etc. marks), and print color variations (white, grey(?), gold - at least on the silver ones).  I don't think I've ever seen a truly pink Block Erupter USB, but between the various styles there's certainly a more orange-red and a more pink-red in terms of hue.  Good luck collecting Smiley

Edit Just to give some examples:
Here's white markings, symbol + regulatory markings, various colors (black missing), and two surface finishes - matte and spun metal (I think was limited to the blue and red ones)

Here's the difference between non-finished and matte finish on black ones:

The non-finished ones were the early ones, no regulatory markings.  The original promo image also shows the gold-ish printing on the silver unit:

Here's a good picture showing the differences in red hues between editions:

( That's from a current e-bay auction - sits at $36 right now)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: