Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Starbucks Giftcards! Physical Card! Canada  (Read 851 times)
Morchid (OP)

Activity: 586
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:10:41 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 05:03:09 AM by Morchid

These are all physical cards which are obtained through the company itself, I only have around $475 dollars worth.

I'm selling the cards at 40%($100 card at $60)

BTC only, Localbit will be used as escrow.

I can ship the physical card as well if you're in Canada.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:49:05 PM

These are all physical cards which are obtained through the compa
ny itself, I only have around $475 dollars worth.

Can the balances also be moved onto other cards by giving the details online ? Also do they work in US ?
MisteredF

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:28:17 AM

Can the balances also be moved onto other cards by giving the details online ? Also do they work in US ?

Yes, but the $100 CDN funds will only get you around $77 is US purchases (SBX devalues it to local cost) so you'd basically be paying $60 US for $77 US unless he takes the asking price in USD which would be around $46 equivelant.  Aside from that the fact they are physical cards doesn't mean much because you can convert any of the cards bought for $20 here or other places into a physical card at any SBX company store but they can still be shut down just as fast because SBX does track them back through transfers. There is no way to know for sure where or how the original funds originated even if there were receipts available unless he had receipts that show that they were purchased with cash or a credit card and not just loaded from another card or e-gift.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:40:55 AM

These are all physical cards which are obtained through the company itself, I only have around $475 dollars worth.

This doesn't mean that your cards were not carded, as for you could have easily just purchased carded cards or did that yourself then transferred the balance onto another card.
kaykawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:08:06 AM

Any guarantees on them?

sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Yes, but the $100 CDN funds will only get you around $77 is US purchases (SBX devalues it to local cost) so you'd basically be paying $60 US for $77 US unless he takes the asking price in USD which would be around $46 equivelant.  Aside from that the fact they are physical cards doesn't mean much because you can convert any of the cards bought for $20 here or other places into a physical card at any SBX company store but they can still be shut down just as fast because SBX does track them back through transfers. There is no way to know for sure where or how the original funds originated even if there were receipts available unless he had receipts that show that they were purchased with cash or a credit card and not just loaded from another card or e-gift.

I don't think he ever said that on USD discount would be less. It would probably be the same discount even if they are converted to USD .
Still waiting for a reply from the op.
appstore

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:31:40 PM

can  you  supply  itunes ?i need  bulk  itunes

skype id  : fuckscam
MisteredF

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:38:39 PM

I don't think he ever said that on USD discount would be less. It would probably be the same discount even if they are converted to USD .
Still waiting for a reply from the op.

The only point I am trying to make is if you live in the US and if you send him $60 (which would obviously be US$) and he sends you a card purchased in CANADA loaded with $100 in CANADIAN FUNDS all you will get is about $75 worth of purchases here in the US.  That happened to me a couple months ago when the seller didn't state the funds were purchased in Canada.  On top of that you can't add it to an existing US$ card (SBX doesn't allow mixing funds).  You would have to add it as a separate card in your SBX account. 

Some people, if buying from the US might not understand that.  Aside from all that paying 60% of face value for a card which more than likely started out it's life as carded is ridiculous on a forum like this.  The fact it is a "physical card" is a meaningless benefit unless it can be proven it was purchased with CASH and not loaded from stolen credit card  or another carded e-gift code. To get a "physical card" all you need to do is take any e-gift code to a Starbucks store and have them load it onto a card which offers ZERO protection from it being shut down because Starbucks tracks all transfers from codes to cards.
Morchid (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:00:42 AM

These cards are not carded and are purchased in person.
I can guarantee these cards will not be reversed.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:21:21 AM

will you escrow for a week as guarantee or accept payment after a week?
MisteredF

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:24:30 AM

And how will you back up that guarantee?
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:57:08 AM

wait, if this is do able for u.s which I assume it is.. cant we just get the codes..

or do you prefer doing the physical card route and pay shipping.. i honestly dont like waiting esp for cards.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:23:38 AM

Just curious, after you sell off the $475, will you have any more after that?

or this more like a one time thing, and you collected unspent balance over the years thing.

Morchid (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:22:12 PM

Just curious, after you sell off the $475, will you have any more after that?

or this more like a one time thing, and you collected unspent balance over the years thing.

Yes, I can get more if needed.
Morchid (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:23:07 PM

And how will you back up that guarantee?

I'd refund you, but I can tell you now that these cards will not be reversed.
Morchid (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:30:57 AM

I have $385 dollars left to sell, contact me if interested.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:17:11 AM

Just curious is the canadian dollars same as US on the card?

Like thats in the card or whatever. So if the balance on the card shows $50 dollars will I get $50 to use or will it be different since conversion?

Morchid (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:04:39 PM

Just curious is the canadian dollars same as US on the card?

Like thats in the card or whatever. So if the balance on the card shows $50 dollars will I get $50 to use or will it be different since conversion?

It'll convert the 50 CAD to 35 USD(conversion).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: