Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive amount of mining  (Read 663 times)
High Plains Drifter (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:32:27 AM

Gentlemen,

I've been watching a couple of coins recently and both of them have had several hundred millions of coins mined within the last month. Is that an indication that a pump and dump is coming?  Thanks!

Believe in the Shield!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:33:00 AM

Gentlemen,

I've been watching a couple of coins recently and both of them have had several hundred millions of coins mined within the last month. Is that an indication that a pump and dump is coming?  Thanks!

The amount of coins mined will always be the same regardless of the amount of hash that is pointed at it. This is assuming the coin is coded correctly and re-targets the difficulty as it should.

What coins are you talking about?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:43:13 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

This is the bitcointalk version of "Which one weighs more?  A ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?"

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:38:03 AM

Gentlemen,

Which coins? As indicated by the last 2 posters most likely whatever coins you are watching would have mined that amount due to how the blockchain technology and difficulty re-targeting works. Unless you are watching something really exotic.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
High Plains Drifter (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:48:48 PM

Over 1 billion LiteDoge have been mined in the last four weeks.  What do you guys think that is an indication of?

Believe in the Shield!
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:25:45 PM

I've been watching many bitcoins being mined recently
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:10:47 PM

Is this the we're on mushrooms thread?  Tongue
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:54:06 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 03:34:44 AM by bit1

Gentlemen,

I've been watching a couple of coins recently and both of them have had several hundred millions of coins mined within the last month. Is that an indication that a pump and dump is coming?  Thanks!

Pump and dumps is thing of alls days. Is normal that there is increased on activity as time passes because of several reasons like the increase of peoples interested on mining, Tons of cheap scrypt miners, Mining cloud services, Etc.... Like everything the biggest boom should be to come.
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:14:21 AM

Gentlemen,

I've been watching a couple of coins recently and both of them have had several hundred millions of coins mined within the last month. Is that an indication that a pump and dump is coming?  Thanks!

Pump and dumps is thing of alls days. Is normal that there is increased on activity as time passes because of several reasons like the increase of peoples interested on mining, Tons of cheap scrypt miners, Mining cloud services, Etc.... Like everything the biggest boom should be to come.

What you need to watch for is the % of total possible coins mined in the first couple months. Doge (sadly) was an example of a coin that had a massive early reward for early miners. Then said miners pumped the coin to a massive extreme. Ironically these miners also trashed all prior altcoins that had a large early award.  Since dogecoin the MO for many altcoins is a massive early reward. Pump Pump, then sell. I'm really surprised this continues the way it does. It's very much like a pyramid scheme Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: