Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED YOUR VOTE: Bitcoin Wealth by Region  (Read 739 times)
Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 06:45:21 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1133078.0

Hey all, I started this poll in the Bitcoin forum room, it's about gathering data on bitcoin wealth by region. It's my current project.

I think this would be really interesting data to collect. Others feel the same way. The best part to make this data collection most valuable is to get as much participation as possible. I know many people only follow certain forum rooms so it's quite possible that many of you don't frequent the Bitcoin forum room, hence my invitation to participate in the poll.

Give it some thought. Follow the link. Take 20 seconds to complete the poll.

We have 130 votes so far! I'd be grateful for your participation. Thank you.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melisande

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:25:25 PM

I have visited your link but you do not have a concrete reason for collecting the data or should I say that I do not understand why you need this data because data should not be collected for no genuine reason.
I only care to know so don't misunderstand me.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:54:35 PM

The data collected is of crucial importance for businesses doing market prospects within a certain region.
In a way it is a huge contribution to make data available for new companies trying to enter the space.
melisande

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:24:21 PM

The data collected is of crucial importance for businesses doing market prospects within a certain region.
In a way it is a huge contribution to make data available for new companies trying to enter the space.

Alright then I can now see the importance but will these data be made public for easy access or someone will have to pay in order to access it?
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:53:34 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 04:37:32 PM by Blawpaw

Alright then I can now see the importance but will these data be made public for easy access or someone will have to pay in order to access it?

I believe this type of service should Public and totally free. But people using it could donate some coins for it to be sustainable.
Besides this with some advertisements and some partnerships it could turn out to be a quite profitable business...

hey! Do you want a partner?  Tongue
noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:28:26 PM

This type of service is long overdue and it is necessary for bitcoin expansion but it will at the end have an effect on the bitcoin anonymity either positively or negatively.

Possum577 (OP)

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:54:59 PM

The data is publicly available at the Poll discussion thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1133078.0

I don't have plans to post the data anywhere else, but anyone can take it and use it and obviously there's no cost to access it on this Forum.

The purpose was really started with my genuine curiosity for how much people are holding and where they're from...do we see a large number of people at the low end of holdings? Do we see some surprises at the high end? (we've found both as a result of this poll.)

What do you find interesting about the 145+ votes so far?

Thanks for participating and please share the link to the poll (enclosed in this post) with those that you interact with on the Forum!

noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:00:07 PM

Awesome project because of free public accessibility I will cast my vote also.
I wish you further success.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: